Grizzled Vet

Predict when Justin Holiday makes a 3 pointer

Prediction: When will Justin Holiday make his first 3-pointer for the Grizzlies?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Here are next 6 games (in order)

• @ Houston (his 5th game as a Memphis Grizzly)
    • Milwaukee
    • @Boston
    • @Toronto
    • New Orleans
    • Charlotte (his 10th game as a Memphis Grizzly)
    • After the Charlotte game, but sometime this season
    • He gets injured or traded or the season ends, never making a 3 point attempt this season.

22 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Also during 4th quarter garbage time (when we're down by 25) he will have many opportunities and one of them is bound to hit, because there will be no pressure.

Oh, and ruining the spread for all the Mempho fans who took the over.

55% were wrong

Time to get on the bandwagon with me and Blue Bear, Gradey and a few others

"He gets injured or traded or the season ends, never making a 3 point attempt this season."

Dude's shooting 16% 

Meanwhile, we have guys who are red hot on the Hustle. 

I'm shocked that a guy who has consistently shot poorly from the field thoroghout his career is continuing to shoot poorly from the field.

After 1 game, we bid farewell to the following contestants, who were once again disappointed when they were optimistic:

Rdk4121
bobblybook1
CarloJ63
The Stro Show
Back2Grizzness
Xerion
chipc3
oldmanGrizz
Memphisyank
Stu Podaso

Next up: Milwaukee and TTGrizz is on the clock.

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After 1 game, we bid farewell to the following contestants, who were once again disappointed when they were optimistic:

Rdk4121
bobblybook1
CarloJ63
The Stro Show
Back2Grizzness
Xerion
chipc3
oldmanGrizz
Memphisyank
Stu Podaso

Next up: Milwaukee and TTGrizz is on the clock.

It had nothing to do with optimism.  I just figured we'd have most of the 4th quarter as garbage time.  And a smart coach who wants to get that monkey off the players' back, would have him in the game and tell him to fire at will.

Guess I was wrong.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:15 PM, SC Grizz said:

Hey let's all remember Chris Wallace traded for Zbo. He is a genius. Proven track record.

That was 36 years ago. A blind squirrel is right two times a day or something like that. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:55 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

That was 36 years ago. A blind squirrel is right two times a day or something like that. 

Haha agreed..my comment was 100% sarcasm. 

Justin Holiday hit a three pointer against Milwaukee and the best thread of the season comes to an end. 

Kind of like the season for that matter...

4 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Who would trade Justin Holiday for our 2 second rounders back right now?

Since we won a "bidding war" for his services (lol) can we get the second best offer for him right now.

51 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Justin Holiday hit a three pointer against Milwaukee and the best thread of the season comes to an end. 

Kind of like the season for that matter...

44 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Since we won a "bidding war" for his services (lol) can we get the second best offer for him right now.

I suspect whoever made that second best offer has already discreetly eaten the paper it was written on.

Do people still feel the same way about Holiday? He's having a good February so far:

CHA: 15 points, 4 boards, 2 made 3's

NY: 19 points, 5 boards, 5 made 3's

MIN: 17 points, 9 boards, 1 made 3's

OKC: 6 points, 6  boards, 1 made 3 (kind of excusable since it was after the trade)

NOP: 15 points, 5 boards, 3 made 3's

Was the suckiness early on just him adjusting? has he finally settled in? Can we expect consistent production from him going forward?

They are utilizing him properly. Setting him up for corner 3 pointers, more spot up shots and fewer on-the-move jump-shots. He has been a solid defensive player as well. 

In the post game interviews tonight he had a wry chuckle talking about how the new guys had a better start than when he joined the team.  He seems like a good guy.

10 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

In the post game interviews tonight he had a wry chuckle talking about how the new guys had a better start than when he joined the team.  He seems like a good guy.

He does, and when I sit there and watch, I keep thinking about what is he worth offering for a contract.

When he has his bad shooting nights, I think league minimum is probably his value.  He's going to get more than the minimum, but should the FO offer 3 years/$15 mm?  Would he accept?  Get a better offer elsewhere?  He was basically 2/$ 9mm  current contract.  I think that is fair, but I think it is in that $4-5.5 mm/year range.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

He does, and when I sit there and watch, I keep thinking about what is he worth offering for a contract.

When he has his bad shooting nights, I think league minimum is probably his value.  He's going to get more than the minimum, but should the FO offer 3 years/$15 mm?  Would he accept?  Get a better offer elsewhere?  He was basically 2/$ 9mm  current contract.  I think that is fair, but I think it is in that $4-5.5 mm/year range.

Sounds about right.

Got to see a nice little moment between him and his brother at half court after the game smiling and posing while they were exchanging jerseys.

he looked good tonight... and that’s not counting the clean looks he had and turned down.

when he gets a little more confident and comfortable I think he will be just fine.