Grizzled Vet

Predict when Justin Holiday makes a 3 pointer

Prediction: When will Justin Holiday make his first 3-pointer for the Grizzlies?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Here are next 6 games (in order)

• @ Houston (his 5th game as a Memphis Grizzly)
    • Milwaukee
    • @Boston
    • @Toronto
    • New Orleans
    • Charlotte (his 10th game as a Memphis Grizzly)
    • After the Charlotte game, but sometime this season
    • He gets injured or traded or the season ends, never making a 3 point attempt this season.

I'm not sure what happened to the regular prediction threads, but we might as well bring some back.

After 4 games, he is 0-9 from 3, and 4-22 from the field, but a perfect 6-6 from the FT line.

Holiday should get some run if Kyle Anderson is out (and it would have been a good time to bring up DJ Stephens).

His 3 point % in January is 9.1%.  Not 91%, but 9%. (0% since the trade).

I knew this trade would bite us.  Selden and Marshon are both better offensively.  Holiday is a better defender, primarily because of his length, but that isn't what we need.  What need is more scoring, which is what Marshon and Wayne provided, at least in greater numbers than Holiday, who in 36 mpg could barely muster 11 ppg with a green light on the worst team in the league.  Now we're out two second round picks.  Horrible trade.

It's a bad trade, only because we gave up two picks to do it. Marshon and Selden didn't hardly provide anything really either (though Selden was actually giving us some decent spot minutes). Maybe one pick and I don't dislike it as much, particularly if it had been a protected pick or something. 

Honestly what have we given him that wasn’t super late in the shot clock. Need to turn eyes toward Temple. He’s hasn’t been here long let’s give him Temple time to adjust.

after he is traded at the trade deadline and then he  hits a 3 at the buzzer to beat the grizzlies 111-110

I still don’t understand the point of the trade

Teams 4 games under .500 at this point in the season should be sellers not buyers

We balked at moving Tyreke for 2 2nds and replaced him with Marshon, so we essentially traded Tyreke, Seldon, and 4 2nd round picks for a shooting guard that can't really shoot, and will be on another team next year unless we overpay to resign him. This and next year's 2nds will probably be high ones as well. Players are getting better worldwide, so IMO 2nd rounders get more valuable with each passing year, and more quality players drop to the 2nd. We just almost never draft them. Holiday's a Grizz, so I hope he works out, but I think we'll end up seeing better players available with our 2 2nds.

Hold up, I didn't see an option for next year when he is no longer a Grizz. (and btw, i don't think we can trade Holiday this season. I thought I read that somewhere)

This has looked like a horrible trade. The fact that we took back salary and sent two 2nd rounders is making this trade look even worse. in the big picture to me , it really didn't matter one way or the other because neither Selden nor M Brooks nor holiday will do anything to help us win or get on track. I didn't have much of a problem when teh trade happened but this guy is making this trade look worse every day, we needed to DECREASE salary not increase but that's the Grizz for you. They just did a trade just to do a trade. 

37 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Hold up, I didn't see an option for next year when he is no longer a Grizz. (and btw, i don't think we can trade Holiday this season. I thought I read that somewhere)

This has looked like a horrible trade. The fact that we took back salary and sent two 2nd rounders is making this trade look even worse. in the big picture to me , it really didn't matter one way or the other because neither Selden nor M Brooks nor holiday will do anything to help us win or get on track. I didn't have much of a problem when teh trade happened but this guy is making this trade look worse every day, we needed to DECREASE salary not increase but that's the Grizz for you. They just did a trade just to do a trade. 

Yes most profound statement one can make.

Players like Holiday or Temple,who have been in the NBA for ten years and have already shown their limits, are journeymen, useful to play 10-12 minutes in already proven teams. Like, for example, Jerebko at Golden State or Belinelli in San Antonio.

They do not turn a team from 30 wins into 50, but if you have already a strong squad you can sacrifice some second round picks.  

We won 22 games last year. Marc and Mike are getting older and JJJ needs a couple of years to become (hopefully) a star. You have to keep all the picks you can. Malcolm Brogdon was picked at 36, Draymond Green at 35, Dillon at 45...it is not true that second rounder are useless.

But I'm sure if we had our 2019 first round pick, Wallace would have proposed it to some other Jeff Green kind of player to win 37 games instead of 34.  

I'm very sad right now, not for this season, but for the future of the Grizzlies. Come on, front office needs to go, we need fresh ideas.

Temple and Holliday won’t be on the season next season. If you include not trading Tyreke for picks that is five picks for 3 guys who won’t be on the team next year. 

What are we trying to do?

Rivers has 25 tonight.

Think about it guys. We crapped on Rivers and Oubre yet they are 3x better than the scrub journeyman we ended up with. He is marginally better than the scrubs we gave up with two picks. Thats really bad.

I really wouldn't have an issue with this trade if either:

1. Holiday was signed past this year. 

2. We had only given one pick in the trade. 

SMH Wallace. This has to be his last year as GM... Right? 

8 hours ago, Allen said:

Temple and Holliday won’t be on the season next season. If you include not trading Tyreke for picks that is five picks for 3 guys who won’t be on the team next year. 

What are we trying to do?

I think at least one of the two will be on the roster.  They are minimum salary guys (add Casspi and Mack to that list).  The Grizzlies will only be able to afford minimum salary guys (& possibly bi-annual exception???).  If they aren't on the roster, guys like them will be, and just to have less discontinuity, I'm ok with a few of them sticking around, especially Temple.  

Temple would be a nice 12-20 minute guy who is unfortunately playing 35 minutes.  

Also rolling off the books this year: Rade Zagorac & Jamal Franklin (according to Spotrac)

I mean....we are going to trade him right?

22 hours ago, Myers said:

Players like Holiday or Temple,who have been in the NBA for ten years and have already shown their limits, are journeymen, useful to play 10-12 minutes in already proven teams. Like, for example, Jerebko at Golden State or Belinelli in San Antonio.

They do not turn a team from 30 wins into 50, but if you have already a strong squad you can sacrifice some second round picks.  

We won 22 games last year. Marc and Mike are getting older and JJJ needs a couple of years to become (hopefully) a star. You have to keep all the picks you can. Malcolm Brogdon was picked at 36, Draymond Green at 35, Dillon at 45...it is not true that second rounder are useless.

But I'm sure if we had our 2019 first round pick, Wallace would have proposed it to some other Jeff Green kind of player to win 37 games instead of 34.  

I'm very sad right now, not for this season, but for the future of the Grizzlies. Come on, front office needs to go, we need fresh ideas.

dang I didn't even notice he was playing since 2012. Talk about being irrelevant 😂

I feel like we can merge a few of these threads:

Justin Holiday hits his first Grizzlies 3 pointer the day we fire both CW and JB, trade Marc, off a rebound by Ivan Rabb, hockey assist by Yuta, and a skip pass by Kyle Anderson (his first assist since coming back from a sprained ankle).  Truthfully, the BEST way to kick off Zion Williamson bobble head night!

34 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Cosign  (mainly because he should get the minutes by default tonight).

Also during 4th quarter garbage time (when we're down by 25) he will have many opportunities and one of them is bound to hit, because there will be no pressure.

20 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Also during 4th quarter garbage time (when we're down by 25) he will have many opportunities and one of them is bound to hit, because there will be no pressure.

He can build up his trade value so we can package him with ANOTHER 2nd round pick for cash considerations.  

What are the odds of Chris Wallace being the first GM to trade a 2021 draft pick?