Kevin B Moses

The key to the grizzlies winning: be the puncher, not the punchee

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Well, can we be honest or do we have to keep it PC.  Always remember, this is the same guy who came to camp fat after the Western conference finals and essentially wasted ZBo’s last dominant season.  

People are figuring it out but people still don’t want to call him out.

You mean the same season where Zbo got himself suspended for a game 7? Zbo did more harm to the team that one game than Marc did the entire season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And frankly if Jaren ever gets to Pau's level he will be a success. I doubt that we ever see a line from him like pau put up that allstar year in Memphis.

Marc's problem is that he is old and wants to run plays correctly rather than "showing out." This whole leadership idea

Pau played on a bad team. Our record after his trade was the same as when he was on the team. No loss there.

A leader can't be critical AND moody. Marc is a "controller". This isn't the culture we need. We need JaM pushing it and leading by example. Why people want to trade him I don't get. Are we so enamoured of the grind that we can't appreciate a prototypical small ball 4? HIs numbers are way better now that he has space. If we had "pace" they would be even better. JaM=Draymond.

Jaren=Zbo. He has a plan everytime he gets the ball. We have plenty of leaders. We're held back by our "stars" who believe their own press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cousy said:

Pau played on a bad team. Our record after his trade was the same as when he was on the team. No loss there.

A leader can't be critical AND moody. Marc is a "controller". This isn't the culture we need. We need JaM pushing it and leading by example. Why people want to trade him I don't get. Are we so enamoured of the grind that we can't appreciate a prototypical small ball 4? HIs numbers are way better now that he has space. If we had "pace" they would be even better. JaM=Draymond.

Jaren=Zbo. He has a plan everytime he gets the ball. We have plenty of leaders. We're held back by our "stars" who believe their own press.

Jamychal green is certainly improving. The guy is coming into his prime years. and he looks every bit as good or getting there as Paul Millsap was in his prime.

People don't need to be sleeping on jam green that's for sure.

I could be wrong but I suspect that he's going to get somewhere between 12 to 15 million a year next year.

that's why it's really important for the Grizzlies to somehow get rid of Chandler Parsons contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make a run at Zion to be Jaren's tag team partner with Rabb as the third big.  Punch people in the mouth FIRST, MIDDLE, and LAST and collect rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jamychal green is certainly improving. The guy is coming into his prime years. and he looks every bit as good or getting there as Paul Millsap was in his prime.

People don't need to be sleeping on jam green that's for sure.

I could be wrong but I suspect that he's going to get somewhere between 12 to 15 million a year next year.

that's why it's really important for the Grizzlies to somehow get rid of Chandler Parsons contract.

So you want to pay somewhere between 42-45mil/3 years for Green?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

So you want to pay somewhere between 42-45mil/3 years for Green?

I'm saying that he might get between 36 and 40 million for 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm saying that he might get between 36 and 40 million for 3 years.

LOL

15 x 3 = 45

Do you want the Grizzlies to pay 12-15 for the next 3 years on Green?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL

15 x 3 = 45

Do you want the Grizzlies to pay 12-15 for the next 3 years on Green?

I said 12 to 15 million you quoted the high-end.

12 million over 3 years is 36 million sir.

But beyond that what I'm saying is that people think that jamychal green is it going to be sought after well they might be surprised.

He shoots threes he plays defense and he rebounds what's not to like about that.

Y'all taking jam for granted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I said 12 to 15 million you quoted the high-end.

12 million over 3 years is 36 million sir.

But beyond that what I'm saying is that people think that jamychal green is it going to be sought after well they might be surprised.

He shoots threes he plays defense and he rebounds what's not to like about that.

Y'all taking jam for granted

I get that, but paying 36-45/3 means we will be even more top heavy in contracts, which means one extra roster spot to be filled out with vet min rubbish like Mack.

There's got to be better value out there in trade or FA. 

Also, that much money spent on what is essentially a back up only (because we need to start embracing Jaren as the future and give him the PT accordingly), and at a position where he have Kyle who can play there, maybe Casspi, who knows maybe even Parsons if he becomes Lazarus, doesn't seem like the right move. We need talent at the SG and SF positions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jamychal green is certainly improving. The guy is coming into his prime years. and he looks every bit as good or getting there as Paul Millsap was in his prime.

People don't need to be sleeping on jam green that's for sure.

I could be wrong but I suspect that he's going to get somewhere between 12 to 15 million a year next year.

that's why it's really important for the Grizzlies to somehow get rid of Chandler Parsons contract.

Milsap averaged 18 and 8 when he was 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I said 12 to 15 million you quoted the high-end.

12 million over 3 years is 36 million sir.

But beyond that what I'm saying is that people think that jamychal green is it going to be sought after well they might be surprised.

He shoots threes he plays defense and he rebounds what's not to like about that.

Y'all taking jam for granted

He did all those things the last time he was a free agent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PF who will be available in FA:

Both Morris brothers, RHJ (restricted), Faried, Kaminsky (restricted), Portis (restricted), Frye, Jerebko, B.Bogdanovic, Gibson, Randle (player), Mirotic, Hezonja, Muscala, 

There the affordable ones (probably not Randle).

We just need someone to play 12-18mins max, be serviceable, and less than 8mil.

Jaren is the future, he needs to play min 30mpg.

I don't want to tie up money on JaM or other PF; an SG, SF, and back up PG are the priorities, especially back up PG who is decent and not rubbish.

There are good young PG/SG coming into FA, they should be the targets, not 're-signing JaM to double current $

Otherwise go the full hog rebuild and trade Marc and/or Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

PF who will be available in FA:

Both Morris brothers, RHJ (restricted), Faried, Kaminsky (restricted), Portis (restricted), Frye, Jerebko, B.Bogdanovic, Gibson, Randle (player), Mirotic, Hezonja, Muscala, 

There the affordable ones (probably not Randle).

We just need someone to play 12-18mins max, be serviceable, and less than 8mil.

Jaren is the future, he needs to play min 30mpg.

I don't want to tie up money on JaM or other PF; an SG, SF, and back up PG are the priorities, especially back up PG who is decent and not rubbish.

There are good young PG/SG coming into FA, they should be the targets, not 're-signing JaM to double current $

Otherwise go the full hog rebuild and trade Marc and/or Mike

 

Markief Morris will be Jam's only competition. Everybody else is either old or doesn't do what Jam does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Markief Morris will be Jam's only competition. Everybody else is either old or doesn't do what Jam does.

Cheap

Serviceable

The 2 key words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FA Backup PG who also can play with Mike both on court:

DRose, Rozier (restricted), Burks, Russell (restricted), Lin, Ish, Joseph, Collison, Beverley, Brogdon (restricted), Mudiay (restricted), Trey Burke, McConnell, 

My pipedream is DRose, otherwise throw an offer sheet at Brogdon, Russell, or Rozier and force their teams to match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

FA Backup PG who also can play with Mike both on court:

DRose, Rozier (restricted), Burks, Russell (restricted), Lin, Ish, Joseph, Collison, Beverley, Brogdon (restricted), Mudiay (restricted), Trey Burke, McConnell, 

My pipedream is DRose, otherwise throw an offer sheet at Brogdon, Russell, or Rozier and force their teams to match

I wish we could have always had D Rose. Would have been huge for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now