Thewincolumn

Free Yuta Watanabe!

With the Grizzlies being a bit short-handed with all the injuries, I think we should give Yuta a chance. Shooting, athleticism and defense. The Grizz sure could use that right now. He also does the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet and would really boost team chemistry on and off the floor.

He's versatile enough to play 2-4 so we can slot him into different rotations. The last time JB inserted him in the rotation (7 mins vs Milwaukee), the Grizz won by 3. Have a little more faith in the younger guys and start building for the future! Jaren Jackson and Jevon Carter are excellent pieces to fit with the veterans. There's nothing to lose at this point!

Free #TheChosenOne!

59 minutes ago, Thewincolumn said:

With the Grizzlies being a bit short-handed with all the injuries, I think we should give Yuta a chance. Shooting, athleticism and defense. The Grizz sure could use that right now. He also does the little things that don't show up on the stat sheet and would really boost team chemistry on and off the floor. 

He's versatile enough to play 2-4 so we can slot him into different rotations. The last time JB inserted him in the rotation (7 mins vs Milwaukee), the Grizz won by 3. Have a little more faith in the younger guys and start building for the future! Jaren Jackson and Jevon Carter are excellent pieces to fit with the veterans. There's nothing to lose at this point!

Free #TheChosenOne!

Don't we already have enough guys who do things that don't show up on the stat sheets?  we need players who rebound, assist, score, and play defense.  all of which show up on the stat sheets.  

15 minutes ago, gentlemanquartely said:

Don't we already have enough guys who do things that don't show up on the stat sheets?  we need players who rebound, assist, score, and play defense.  all of which show up on the stat sheets.  

We need guys who can TANK.

We can talk about stat sheets NEXT SEASON.

I'm good with this.  I've had my fill of the M&M two man game.

Jevon

Justin (sigh - should've been Dillon)

Kyle

Yuta

Jaren

sure, why not.

I have not had this idea that many have on here about him.

I don't really get the scrub love. from a marketing standpoint, good for the griz and the league if he plays.

from a bball standpoint, will he really help?

think you can decipher my take. surprise me...please.

slim.

55 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

sure, why not.

I have not had this idea that many have on here about him.

I don't really get the scrub love. from a marketing standpoint, good for the griz and the league if he plays.

from a bball standpoint, will he really help?

think you can decipher my take. surprise me...please.

slim.

Are you saying 5 years from now you will be putting air in your Yuta autographed basketball???

Start Yuta, hire a couple of Japanese broadcasters, work a TV deal in Japan, and BAM! Luxury tax here we come!

35 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Are you saying 5 years from now you will be putting air in your Yuta autographed basketball???

ha!

after the adams' ball fiasco, I have yet to purchase another signed bball..

don't want to curse that young man.

slim.

he will be free when the grizzlies release him about this time next year

2 hours ago, lions said:

he will be free when the grizzlies release him about this time next year

LOL  that's a good one

Yes i'd rather see Yuta get some minutes with the big team than continue playing Mack and Garret too much.   

BTW this FO should be fired for simply how they are wasting 2 way contract spots this year.     DJ Stephens??  Jarnell Stokes???   and (even tho i like him) Yuta???      None of these players are good development prospects due to their ages.   Nor do they help us in the positions we needed the most help in (SG and C).    Heck the one guy that actually could've given us SG minutes was Kobe Simmons and they waived him to sign DJ???      

Someone may try to argue that Yuta was "Parsons insurance" but wasn't that why they signed Casspi?   Didn't they already sign SloMo to move on from him anyway?    We went from a team that last couple of seasons  didn't have any SF to one that has 4 different guys that played SF (Dillon, SloMo, Casspi, Yuta). 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, Father Pat said:

Start Yuta, hire a couple of Japanese broadcasters, work a TV deal in Japan, and BAM! Luxury tax here we come!

This is sooo real... all jokes aside- it’s ALREADY happening. I met a group of Japanese tourists who are huge NBA fans... they were here in Memphis just to ride down and watch him play in person - for the Hustle.

what do you think it’ll look like when he gets called up ?

I’m here for it ! 

22 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

This is sooo real... all jokes aside- it’s ALREADY happening. I met a group of Japanese tourists who are huge NBA fans... they were here in Memphis just to ride down and watch him play in person - for the Hustle.

what do you think it’ll look like when he gets called up ?

I’m here for it ! 

SUMO DUNK-O!

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Father Pat said:

We haven't done this yet???? What are we waiting for?????