Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

JBB appreciation thread in advance

35 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dude having bad players is one thing but putting the bad players in an offense that EXPECTS them to create their own shots is bad coaching. 

Every Coach is supposed to adjust his scheme to fit the skills of his roster.  JB is failing miserably at this.  Is everyone aware that it is possible to have both a bad roster and a bad coach?  No one here is expecting JB to coach this roster up to competing for a championship.   The level of expectation for JB was simply for him to coach up Jaren AND guide them to compete (not make) for a playoff spot.   Dude is failing miserably on both accounts. 

I coulda sworn the head man said he expected 50 wins. And I doubt that any of the veterans objected.

27 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I coulda sworn the head man said he expected 50 wins. And I doubt that any of the veterans objected.

I do remember him saying something about 50 wins.

Bottomline is we have a Bad Owner a Bad Front Office a Bad Coach and a Bad roster.    Owner's rarely fire themselves so.....

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I'm far from a Pera apologist, but he did clarify that statement in the interview he had with Calkins some time ago:

Q: I remember before the season began, you predicted the team would win 50 games. People rolled their eyes, and you’re not on that pace, but you’re not all that far off. What do you think about the season so far?

A: Well, I set that expectation because I think it’s healthy; the team has to believe our expectations are high and we want to be an elite team. But I’m not so concerned about the record. What I’m most encouraged by so far is, you look at our first game, we kind of got blown out by Indiana, and in game 25 we got blown out by LeBron and the Lakers, but there was a 23-game stretch where we competed every single game. And I think since I’ve been a part of this thing, I don’t think we’ve ever had a 23-game stretch where we’ve competed every single game. So that’s kind of what I tell the coach and the front office, don’t worry about the end record, I don’t care so much whether we win or lose, what I want to see is consistently every night competing. And if you establish that culture the results will follow.

Now, I wonder what he'll do once it's clear we don't compete consistently every night.

45 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm far from a Pera apologist, but he did clarify that statement in the interview he had with Calkins some time ago:

Now, I wonder what he'll do once it's clear we don't compete consistently every night.

From Pera interview above; 

46 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I don’t care so much whether we win or lose, what I want to see is consistently every night competing. And if you establish that culture the results will follow.

Golly gee, is there one player that you can point to that does not consistently compete every game? That player is anti-team culture.

Looks like Pera is full of crap.

That quote is cringeworthy. 

I don’t think Pera cares if the team does well or not 

If the Grizz get rid of JBB (it doesn't really matter in my mind unless they also get rid of the GM), they should target a woman as either a head coach or asst coach. 

7 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

If the Grizz get rid of JBB (it doesn't really matter in my mind unless they also get rid of teh GM), they should target a woman as either a head coach or asst coach. 

why?

15 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

why?

Why not? She wouldn't be any worse than what we have now. Look, let's be real, there will be a woman president either in 2020 or 2024. The tide is coming, might as well be ahead of the tide and give opportunities to everybody. If she's qualified and has a proven track record, why not? Plus, let's be honest, Memphis is a small market team that is losing with absolutely zero buzz. It would give us some buzz as well.

Get the best person available for the position, I don't care if their male, female, black, white, green, from Mars, the best person, not some feel good quota system.

There's only 30 jobs available in the world and 20 are taken for at least 5 years, someone good will come if offered, but we didnt even look elsewhere before hiring JB

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Get the best person available for the position, I don't care if their male, female, black, white, green, from Mars, the best person, not some feel good quota system.

There's only 30 jobs available in the world and 20 are taken for at least 5 years, someone good will come if offered, but we didnt even look elsewhere before hiring JB

I did say if she's qualified and has a proven track record, I'm not advocating hiring Cardi B or anything. Of course she has to be qualified but as a small market franchise with nothing going on, heck, why not? I'm all for it. 

41 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I did say if she's qualified and has a proven track record, I'm not advocating hiring Cardi B or anything. Of course she has to be qualified but as a small market franchise with nothing going on, heck, why not? I'm all for it. 

If Donald Trump can run a country I don’t see why Cardi b couldn’t run a basketball team. I say sign her up

Who in the hell cares about JB? Im not saying he is Phil Jackson but no veteran team with a respectable talent level loses 17 of 20 with multiple blowouts even at home.

17 minutes ago, Allen said:

If Donald Trump can run a country I don’t see why Cardi b couldn’t run a basketball team. I say sign her up

Hold on ... how bout we lock Cardi B and Nikki in a room - and see who comes out 

🤣🤪😂

32 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Hold on ... how bout we lock Cardi B and Nikki in a room - and see who comes out 

🤣🤪😂

Can I go in with them?

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

🤣🤪😂

Matter of fact bring out the girls and let's have a mud fight

Given JB led last year's tank job, he's the right man to finish off this season.

Basically, taking over for Fizdale in the interim basis has been career suicide.

I think he's got the career assistant gig, which isn't a bad thing necessarily.