Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

JBB appreciation thread in advance

With road games at Houston, Boston, Toronto in the near future, is it too early to start a JBB appreciation thread?

I think he (as good as) gone.

LOL!!!!

Terrible hire from day 1. JB was a Gasol pick, because they knew he wouldn't call Gasol out for his mess. JB doesn't bring enough to the table to be a head coach in the NBA. He can't lead a team of Vets; he doesn't command that level of respect. Vets like him because he can't/won't hold them accountable (that's why Gasol likes him so much. No way Gasol should be starting at this point).  Players see him as riding on his dad's rep. If he wants to keep this job beyond this year, he needs to bench Gasol and give Rabb most of those minutes. He won't do it though.  

The thing about JB Bickerstaff is that I don't mind the losing I mean you can lose some games when you're a new coach.

But no coach that is a really good coach is going to lose 17 out of 20 games with the type of players we have.

It's just not going to happen. and yes I understand Marc is part of the problem, but JB has lost this team.

I have no idea why they would fire him at this point.  A new coach isn't going to change our trajectory, and it would just mean yet another ex-coach to pay.

Rightfullly, the next scapegoat is the front office. 

"Nobody thought I could do it.  People said nobody could pull off the Tank3peat, but I did it. Lots of grit. Lots of grind. But now I have nothing left to accomplish. I am planning on coaching minor league baseball.  Now, if sometime down the road Chris Wallace will have me back then we will talk.  But right now I have accomplished everything I have set out to do in the game of tanking."

11 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

No way Gasol should be starting at this point

I am NOT a Gasol apologist but you can’t just put that string of words together and justifying it by saying Rabb should start.

Is Gasol being benched to rest? Are we tanking for Zion?  Trying to send Boston our pick this year?  Trying to trade Gasol? Has Rabb outplayed him and earned the spot or is he being developed?  Are we trying to force him out like Parsons?  Is this to develop his vocalness since he’ll have to talk louder from the bench?   Are we trying to increase his trade value by benching him?

I can continue if needed...

The issue with JB is that he has 4 favorite players.

Conley -team leader best player trying to do to much.

Marc- is done career is officially over 

Temple - just straight Garbage...that plays 35 minutes a game he should NOT be in the NBA.

Jam-problem with Jam is not Jam is that JB refuses to play JJJ because of him.

So it's simple we are not gonna win if JB plays this guys over and over if he fails to reliaze that then he should be fire.

I don’t think they will fire JB this season regardless of our record. If they are going to fire someone, it is going to be Wallace but I highly doubt it will happen. A new coach is not going to make any difference now. We are heading to the lottery.

1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

Temple - just straight Garbage...that plays 35 minutes a game he should NOT be in the NBA.

So it's simple we are not gonna win if JB plays this guys over and over if he fails to reliaze that then he should be fire.

Is JB determining playing time or is Wallace?

JB was ready to play Parsons, but it was Wallace who was blocking him, so how many other playing time decisions is he making?

5 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

This thread 😄

13 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

JB was a Gasol pick, because they knew he wouldn't call Gasol out for his mess.

10 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

he was a lil better than Fizz

Fiz didn't have a healthy team to utilize. I'm interested in knowing what made JB better than Fiz?

13 hours ago, JJJTG said:

I am NOT a Gasol apologist but you can’t just put that string of words together and justifying it by saying Rabb should start.

Is Gasol being benched to rest? Are we tanking for Zion?  Trying to send Boston our pick this year?  Trying to trade Gasol? Has Rabb outplayed him and earned the spot or is he being developed?  Are we trying to force him out like Parsons?  Is this to develop his vocalness since he’ll have to talk louder from the bench?   Are we trying to increase his trade value by benching him?

I can continue if needed...

Actually, I wasn't thinking Rabb would start. I have proposed in other threads that JAM and JJJ be the starting bigs, With Rabb and Gasol coming off the bench. I should have stated in the earlier post that Rabb should get more minutes, not starter minutes..  

23 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Fiz didn't have a healthy team to utilize. I'm interested in knowing what made JB better than Fiz?

JB has had an even less healthy roster to work with. Conley missed all of his coaching last year. Parsons has missed all but 3 games this year.

Conley/Gasol/Parsons under Fizz: 226/303 games (between the 3 of them)

Conley/Gasol/Parsons under JB:  154/309  games

Quality research while at work :D 

17 minutes ago, cdp said:

JB has had an even less healthy roster to work with. Conley missed all of his coaching last year. Parsons has missed all but 3 games this year.

Conley/Gasol/Parsons under Fizz: 226/303 games (between the 3 of them)

Conley/Gasol/Parsons under JB:  154/309  games

Quality research while at work :D 

Fizdale lost 51 games in total as the Grizzlies head coach. J.B. has lost 70 games so far.

Just something to consider when looking at coaches. 

18 hours ago, costarica2 said:

JB's favorite 4 players play for the GRIZZLIES??? He must not watch much basketball.  Hey, maybe THAT is the problem!

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Fizdale lost 51 games in total as the Grizzlies head coach. J.B. has lost 70 games so far.

Just something to consider when looking at coaches. 

I know what you're saying, but JB's charge last year was basically to "develop young talent" so as to get 2nd place on the scoreboard every game. Fiz never had that.

Also not sure Fiz ever had the orders to not play a player.

After tonight it's...

BUH-BYE JBB!!  Appreciated all those dear in the headlights post game pressers.

hqdefault.jpg

"yeah, that Harden guy is pretty good and we had a hard time stopping him"

I'd be highly surprised if JB gets fired this season

But I'll be downright shocked if he isn't at the end of the season

Also does anyone else notice how the only guys on our team that are consistently put in catch and shoot situations are the PF's and Bigs?  Watching the last few games and especially after the Holiday addition; I noticed that our wings shoot a ton of stepback 3s and off dribble 3s.   JaM and Gasol usually get the ball behind the arc in a position to shoot.   No coincidence they also have better 3pt avgs than our wings. 

Bucks and Rockets were getting tons of catch-and-shoot chances from behind 3pt line.  While our guys were taking pull-up 3s off the bounce and clanking.    I really started paying attention after JH addition because all he is getting are shots he creates for himself. Newsflash NONE of our perimeter players are good enough to do this. 

Am I the only one who has noticed this?   Is the absence of SloMo making this even worse?

I don’t know what y’all expect any coach to do with this kind of roster 

38 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don’t know what y’all expect any coach to do with this kind of roster 

Dude having bad players is one thing but putting the bad players in an offense that EXPECTS them to create their own shots is bad coaching. 

Every Coach is supposed to adjust his scheme to fit the skills of his roster.  JB is failing miserably at this.  Is everyone aware that it is possible to have both a bad roster and a bad coach?  No one here is expecting JB to coach this roster up to competing for a championship.   The level of expectation for JB was simply for him to coach up Jaren AND guide them to compete (not make) for a playoff spot.   Dude is failing miserably on both accounts. 

Coaches can't overcome bad talent mixes. Coaches can screw up to some extent a well built team. The Grizzlies aren't well constructed.