Lord Gordon

Time to trade Marc

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

So fellas, is the Hornets deal still on?

Heck yes. 9th worst or better AND a favorable deal. Things are looking up!

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Heck yes. 9th worst or better AND a favorable deal. Things are looking up!

I am asking this because I'm waiting to see how many who were demanding he be traded, have now changed their minds.....because of one game?

3 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

Great game by Gasol!!!!

Upping that trade value 

I don't think Gasol can play for many teams. We play at a snail's pace and Gasol is still huffin and puffin getting up the court on offense. 

Probably needs some rest, and/or a bit better conditioning. Not hating. I'm almost Gasol's age and I'm sure it is tough to run with these 19 year old kids, especially with all the mileage he already has. 

Gasol headlining problem solving trade right here. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/14/18181741/nikola-vucevic-trade-deadline-orlando-magic

despite Orlando drafting his successor last year in Mo Bamba and needing more frontcourt minutes for players like Jonathan Isaac. On the surface, Vucevic is the perfect trade target: He’s 28 years old and in the prime of his career, and he’s on an expiring contract worth a modest $13 million. And though the Magic are just a half-game back of eighth place in the Eastern Conference, at 19-24, they would be better off long-term if they tank and land a top pick rather than somehow stumbling into a first-round sweep...

Vucevic has done nearly everything in his power to make himself as attractive as possible to contenders, either ahead of the February 7 trade deadline or this summer, when he hits unrestricted free agency for the first time. He is averaging career highs in points per game (20.1), assists (3.8), field goal percentage (52.6), and 3-point percentage (38), and is tied for a career high in rebounds (11.9). He evolved to stave off extinction where other centers have not, becoming a better perimeter shooter capable of picking apart defenses that double him on the block, and improving his defensive positioning as a drop-back big.

Gasol + Temple for Vucevic + Fournier.  

Vucevic is 28y and has the same skillset (can run offensive, defend paint, and shoot 3s) BUT he actually rebounds and scores aggressively.   In other words he is an upgrade from Gasol.  Then we also get Fournier which gives us the SG we have needed for like 8 years. 

24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1/14/18181741/nikola-vucevic-trade-deadline-orlando-magic

despite Orlando drafting his successor last year in Mo Bamba and needing more frontcourt minutes for players like Jonathan Isaac. On the surface, Vucevic is the perfect trade target: He’s 28 years old and in the prime of his career, and he’s on an expiring contract worth a modest $13 million. And though the Magic are just a half-game back of eighth place in the Eastern Conference, at 19-24, they would be better off long-term if they tank and land a top pick rather than somehow stumbling into a first-round sweep...

Vucevic has done nearly everything in his power to make himself as attractive as possible to contenders, either ahead of the February 7 trade deadline or this summer, when he hits unrestricted free agency for the first time. He is averaging career highs in points per game (20.1), assists (3.8), field goal percentage (52.6), and 3-point percentage (38), and is tied for a career high in rebounds (11.9). He evolved to stave off extinction where other centers have not, becoming a better perimeter shooter capable of picking apart defenses that double him on the block, and improving his defensive positioning as a drop-back big.

Vucevic is 28y and has the same skillset (can run offensive, defend paint, and shoot 3s) BUT he actually rebounds and scores aggressively.   In other words he is an upgrade from Gasol.  Then we also get Fournier which gives us the SG we have needed for like 8 years. 

That trades reminds me when the Nets trade for Pierce and Kg

24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thats a deal there. Although I would move the hell out of Vuvecic before the deadline. Dont want to pay him 20-25 million when Jackson is likely the future in the front court. Go get a perimeter player for him.

1 minute ago, Allen said:

That trades reminds me when the Nets trade for Pierce and Kg

I can see that but ORL needs to open minutes for Bamba and VucciMane is in the way.  Also been hearing they arent opposed to moving on from Fournier.  

Basically a capspace move for them.  

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat honestly. Not sure they would, and I'd like to keep Vucevic, because he solves a lot of our rebounding problems. 

42 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I can see that but ORL needs to open minutes for Bamba and VucciMane is in the way.  Also been hearing they arent opposed to moving on from Fournier.  

Basically a capspace move for them.  

It would just take us from a 30 win  team with a bad cap situation to a 40 win team with an even worse cap situation. Just acquire picks clear cap and build around JJJ. That’s the only direction that makes sense 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybcns2z3

Let's blow it up. Gotta get younger, more athletic, more skilled. I feel that trade could do it. You could trade Parsons to someone as well, either to get some end of bench players/bad contract and some draft capital possibly, or just let him fall off after next season. Whatever you can get I guess.

Smith/Carter/Mack I guess

Fournier/Matthews/Holiday

Anderson/Brooks

JJJ/Green

Vuvevic/Powell/Rabb

We'd have some good young pieces in JJJ, Smith, Carter, Anderson, Brooks, and Rabb. Also, a good mix of veterans with Vuvevic, Green, Fournier, Matthews, Holiday, Powell. If we try it and it doesn't work, then we don't have to resign Vuvevic, Matthews, Holiday, and Green and have all the cap space in the world. We could always flip some of those expiring contracts for young players and picks, and tank the rest of the year. A lot of different options, but we just have to change it up somehow. 

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Thats a deal there. Although I would move the hell out of Vuvecic before the deadline. Dont want to pay him 20-25 million when Jackson is likely the future in the front court. Go get a perimeter player for him.

Why? Vucevic is expiring.

Types of trades I am looking to do:

Gasol+Temple for Batum+Monk+Protected 1st...Gives Charlotte a better chance at the playoffs and clears up their cap a bit.  Grizz get a young prospect and a 1st and eat Batum's money

Conley for Rubio+Sefolosha+Exum+Protected 1st...Gives Utah an answer at PG that can play off of Mitchell and spread the floor.  Grizz get Pera favorite Exum and a 1st

45 minutes ago, Allen said:

It would just take us from a 30 win  team with a bad cap situation to a 40 win team with an even worse cap situation. Just acquire picks clear cap and build around JJJ. That’s the only direction that makes sense 

25 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

@Allen i think you are missing that important part (he will be a free agent).  Vucci + Fournier can get us back on track to give up the pick and doesn't hurt our capspace once Parsons falls off the books.    

Mike/Mack

Evan/Holiday

Kyle/Casspi

Jaren/JaM

Vucci/Noah

That's a solid enough team to compete for a playoff spot.   Also allows Jaren to continue playing PF till he is ready for fulltime C duties.  There won't be a bidding war for Vucci services come next season so we prob could bring him back for MLE next season if we wanted to.   Fournier, Dillon, Holiday, and Kyle make a solid wing rotation going forward.   When Chandler and Mike fall off the books we will have tons of capspace to get another piece.  

That trade doesn't hamper our future at all (unless you are gunning for tank this season). 

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

@Allen i think you are missing that important part (he will be a free agent).  Vucci + Fournier can get us back on track to give up the pick and doesn't hurt our capspace once Parsons falls off the books.    

Mike/Mack

Evan/Holiday

Kyle/Casspi

Jaren/JaM

Vucci/Noah

That's a solid enough team to compete for a playoff spot.   Also allows Jaren to continue playing PF till he is ready for fulltime C duties.  There won't be a bidding war for Vucci services come next season so we prob could bring him back for MLE next season if we wanted to.   Fournier, Dillon, Holiday, and Kyle make a solid wing rotation going forward.   When Chandler and Mike fall off the books we will have tons of capspace to get another piece.  

That trade doesn't hamper our future at all (unless you are gunning for tank this season). 

Man we cant win just for the sake of making the Playoffs, I was against tank because I believe that was to late to do so, but with the change is the lottery's odds this draft we should tank and get the alpha we miss in our team.

I would trade Gasol for a superstar, a pick or young prospects, but FO wont do it. So the last option is a idea you suggested a couple weeks.

Mack + Temple + Jam for Frank + Hardaway, give them two 2nds to seal the deal and let Casspi + Rabb play Jam minutes, Frank + Carter play Mack / some of MC and JJJ play some of Gasol. Devolop the young talent you have, try to win some games and hope for some fortune in the draft.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just to get something for Vucevic. Its either that or a) max out another non Allstar type...only contending/rising playoff teams should do that b) let him leave for nothing.

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Types of trades I am looking to do:

Gasol+Temple for Batum+Monk+Protected 1st...Gives Charlotte a better chance at the playoffs and clears up their cap a bit.  Grizz get a young prospect and a 1st and eat Batum's money

Conley for Rubio+Sefolosha+Exum+Protected 1st...Gives Utah an answer at PG that can play off of Mitchell and spread the floor.  Grizz get Pera favorite Exum and a 1st

Yeah I'm  keen on that first deal too if it was available

If ya'll think the Magic would flip us Vucevic only to take on Gasol ya'll are crazy. And if you think Vucevic ain't getting paid more the MLE that's even more crazy. That man is about to get the Brinks truck backing up to him.

Anyways no trading Marc this deadline, things'll become more clear when he decides what to do with his option. I'd say to him in the offseason "take this 3yr/36 mill offer or we're trading you. If he accepts then we work on getting another frontcourt starter so we can play him like Zbos last year. 6th man off the bench.

1 hour ago, cdp said:

If ya'll think the Magic would flip us Vucevic only to take on Gasol ya'll are crazy. And if you think Vucevic ain't getting paid more the MLE that's even more crazy. That man is about to get the Brinks truck backing up to him.

Anyways no trading Marc this deadline, things'll become more clear when he decides what to do with his option. I'd say to him in the offseason "take this 3yr/36 mill offer or we're trading you. If he accepts then we work on getting another frontcourt starter so we can play him like Zbos last year. 6th man off the bench.

If Marc was to opt out, he must do it before July 1st. Over the past 3 seasons there have been 81 players that were able to exercise their option. 3 seasons ago only 3 players of 29 able to opted in, keeping their pay. All 3 did not play (retired or waived). 2 seasons ago 5 of 24 players opted in. Last year a near complete turnaround happened with 20 of 28 players able to opted in. The reason being that few teams were able to offer a lot of money for free agents. Things don't look all that different for this off season, especially with contenders, so Marc will most likely not opt out.

This also makes for more teams looking to trade.

1 hour ago, cdp said:

This. Magic are trying to to shed salary, not take on an old Gasol who will CERTAINLY opt into 23 mill next year. I would love Fournier but not sure how we could get him. 

Also, NO WAY to Batum, unless we are trading Parsons and getting back a 1st also. That contract is just as bad as Parsons'

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

if the Memphis grizzlies can get vucevic  . I will fly to Memphis and jump off the upperdeck of the arena during a game