Lord Gordon

Time to trade Marc

7 hours ago, bobblybook1 said:

Find a team that needs a center and exploit them

Our only hope. 

13 hours ago, chipc3 said:

You could be right. Only time will tell.

86 posts to go for you to hit that magic 18.000 mark

52 minutes ago, lions said:

86 posts to go for you to hit that magic 18.000 mark

That is only once they restarted the message board. I was well over 20,000 on the old board.

17 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

How would you structure it?

Not sure. that is why I qualified it with "if they could make it work". It a long shot, but if someone can get on the trade machine and make it work, please post. 

I can't help but believe if Gasol had a few days off to rest his body and wasn't forced to play 35+ minutes every night he'd be far more effective than he has been of late. That early season work has worn him down. 

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I can't help but believe if Gasol had a few days off to rest his body and wasn't forced to play 35+ minutes every night he'd be far more effective than he has been of late. That early season work has worn him down. 

May as well shut him down for a couple weeks.  I appreciate Marc's willingness to play thru injury time and time again, but we aren't winning with him right now.  Let's let him heal up.

6 minutes ago, roundtown said:

May as well shut him down for a couple weeks.  I appreciate Marc's willingness to play thru injury time and time again, but we aren't winning with him right now.  Let's let him heal up.

Whatever it takes but he needs to rest. 

17 minutes ago, roundtown said:

The problems is, he'll never do it on his own. He's been conditioned to play through pain even if that means he's horribly ineffective. The coach or the FO need to take an executive decision and shut him down. It's not like he had a wobbly knee, it's just a sore ankle, a week or two and he should be ok.

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2019/1/9/18175133/the-broken-and-bent-marc-gasol-nba-memphis-grizzlies

The broken and bent Marc Gasol

"Having the ear and friendship of owner Robert Pera will do that - Gasol and Pera seem to understand one another, and that relationship empowers Marc. Coaching issues, playing time problems, game plan execution, roster moves...whenever a decision is made regarding which way the franchise will head, Gasol is part of the process either directly or indirectly. "

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:53 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

20+mil capspace ...That kind of money means we can get 

Jeremy Lamb,  Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kanter, Vucevic,  or Mirotic. 

or even take gambles on guys like  DeAngelo Russell,  Mudiay,  Delon Wright, Oubre,  or....Rodney Hood. 

It's enough money to make the Bucks have to make a serious decision on one of their free agents, they likely will not be able to re-sign all of them without eventually becoming tax payers. Brogdon would be the one to target, they'll probably match any offer for Middleton and I'm not sure Bledsoe is a player we would want. Make an offer in the 14-15 mil range and see if they match.

a. Hornets

Gasol + Temple + JAM for Biyombo + Kidd-Gilchrist+ Lamb + Hornets 2019 1st round pick lotto protected.

b. Lakers

Gasol + Mack + Casspi for Caldwell-Pope + Stephenson + Wagner + Hart + Lakers 2019 1st round pick

c. Bucks

Gasol for Bledsoe + Lopez + Connaughton + 2nd round pick

d. Clippers

Gasol for Gilgeous-Alexander + Gortat + Scott + 2nd round pick

e. Spurs

Gasol + Mack + Casspi for P. Gasol + Belinelli + Cunningham + Murray + 2nd round pick

I'll stand by what I've been saying the last couple years: Marc is un-tradeable, especially in this era of dominance by the Warriors as no teams are a Gasol away from dethroning them.

Bad to average teams have no reason to trade for him unless it is to truly unload bad contracts which the Grizzlies have no reason to take back.

Good teams either have a center who fits their scheme better, don't want to give up the assets that are needed to even match salary (much less the logic for Grizzlies take on bad non-expiring salaries), and/or don't want his salary and PO clustering up their free agent plans even if somehow a trade could be worked out where the salaries match. But again, no good team that I can find is going to give up beneficial assets to acquire Gasol.

6 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

a. Hornets

Gasol + Temple + JAM for Biyombo + Kidd-Gilchrist+ Lamb + Hornets 2019 1st round pick lotto protected.

b. Lakers

Gasol + Mack + Casspi for Caldwell-Pope + Stephenson + Wagner + Hart + Lakers 2019 1st round pick

c. Bucks

d. Clippers

e. Spurs

Gasol + Mack + Casspi for P. Gasol + Belinelli + Cunningham + Murray + 2nd round pick

I see that spurs deal , if the grizzlies make that deal it should put the grizzlies  average age player over 30 no way

this team needs to get younger with high first round picks with a new G,M 

6 hours ago, Ethan7 said:

a. Hornets

b. Lakers

c. Bucks

d. Clippers

e. Spurs

the only trade I see there to make the grizzlies better is the BUCKS trade

Look, this is the only possible trade I think that could possibly work.

Jimmy Butler complains his way into a trade over his role, management gets fed up with him, and Embiid suffers an injury that keeps him out for an extended period of time with the possibility of returning for the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler for Gasol works economically, but without the Embiid injury doesn't make sense basketball wise unless they just want to move him.

Clearly, Butler's welcome is a pretty short one, but I don't think there are great options to move Gasol.

59 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I'll stand by what I've been saying the last couple years: Marc is un-tradeable, especially in this era of dominance by the Warriors as no teams are a Gasol away from dethroning them.

Bad to average teams have no reason to trade for him unless it is to truly unload bad contracts which the Grizzlies have no reason to take back.

Good teams either have a center who fits their scheme better, don't want to give up the assets that are needed to even match salary (much less the logic for Grizzlies take on bad non-expiring salaries), and/or don't want his salary and PO clustering up their free agent plans even if somehow a trade could be worked out where the salaries match. But again, no good team that I can find is going to give up beneficial assets to acquire Gasol.

I was in agreement with this until I looked at Charlotte. Kemba has openly said that he is waiting to see what the F.O. does to make the team better. They have shown recent interest in getting Kevin Love and want to trade Batum, Biyombo, and Kaminsky. Kupchak is running out of time. They have all of their future first round picks and have been stocking up on 2nd's as well. I honestly see a Grizzlies friendly deal with them.

15 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I was in agreement with this until I looked at Charlotte. Kemba has openly said that he is waiting to see what the F.O. does to make the team better. They have shown recent interest in getting Kevin Love and want to trade Batum, Biyombo, and Kaminsky. Kupchak is running out of time. They have all of their future first round picks and have been stocking up on 2nd's as well. I honestly see a Grizzlies friendly deal with them.

Fair, especially with a vet like Tony Parker there, but the Gasol PO makes things tricky for all these teams.  Some probably want guarantees that he will opt in.  Others might want him to opt out so they have more FO money next year.

There is some financially sound reasoning to assume Gasol opts in.

If their FO is like this board, they are probably shopping him to make sure that they get something for him, instead of nothing in case he leaves.

3 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I live out side of charlotte I. known  the charlotte mind set petty good if the grizzlies can get some of charlotte first round picks get them charlotte upper management are not the smartest people in the world

24 minutes ago, lions said:

I live out side of charlotte I. known  the charlotte mind set petty good if the grizzlies can get some of charlotte first round picks get them charlotte upper management are not the smartest people in the world

Plus Kupchak was always trying and often getting quality centers with those Laker teams. He is very likely to stick with what has worked for him in the past. I can't help but wonder how many rings him and Jordan have combined. It has to be eating at them that they can't bring a championship to Charlotte. Add in their desperation to keep Kemba at the end of the season and I think there has to be a good deal for the Grizzlies there.

I’m more interested in trading Conley than Gasol or Parsons. They’re both going to be gone after next season anyway 

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Look, this is the only possible trade I think that could possibly work.

Jimmy Butler complains his way into a trade over his role, management gets fed up with him, and Embiid suffers an injury that keeps him out for an extended period of time with the possibility of returning for the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler for Gasol works economically, but without the Embiid injury doesn't make sense basketball wise unless they just want to move him.

Clearly, Butler's welcome is a pretty short one, but I don't think there are great options to move Gasol.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9rpndvy

Give them two 2nd round picks

3 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Plus Kupchak was always trying and often getting quality centers with those Laker teams. He is very likely to stick with what has worked for him in the past. I can't help but wonder how many rings him and Jordan have combined. It has to be eating at them that they can't bring a championship to Charlotte. Add in their desperation to keep Kemba at the end of the season and I think there has to be a good deal for the Grizzlies there.

when kupchak was a GM with the lakers the salary cap was not the same as it is now he kupchak had a open check book 

9 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Not only Gasol but Temple as well. 

Maybe time off would help some of these role players that are playing more minutes than what they are accustomed to. That really could explain why several played well early but trailed off as of late.