Lord Gordon

Time to trade Marc

We could have about $25 million in capspace.  Roughly what he makes.  Depends on if we have a 1st rounder and what we do with Parsons' deal.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Don't forget trading Marc allows a 15% trade kicker to be exercised as well. Gasol may want to be traded but no one is taking him off our hands in a trade. 

The thing is the only teams I could see wanting Marc are contenders, and I can't find any teams that could make it happen. Either they don't need Marc, can't match contracts without giving up better players, or could only offer us trash (not that I expect we could get much). If we can't get at least one pick or prospect that looks like a future starter, I say just let Marc walk and wait for the Parsons contract expire. Clear the deck and start over.

52 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

We could have about $25 million in capspace.  Roughly what he makes.  Depends on if we have a 1st rounder and what we do with Parsons' deal.

Oh that's real money to work with.  Now I think im more in favor of him opting out and moving on. 

20+mil capspace ...That kind of money means we can get 

Jeremy Lamb,  Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kanter, Vucevic,  or Mirotic. 

or even take gambles on guys like  DeAngelo Russell,  Mudiay,  Delon Wright, Oubre,  or....Rodney Hood. 

37 minutes ago, King Dork said:

The time to trade Marc was while he was playing like an MVP candidate. Now he has no value. 

I agree, and unless we deal for a player like Beal that is AllStar level and to a team like Wizards that wants to shed salary we better stick with him, try to get a Hardaway/Fournier with our expiring deals and go after a 7th or 8th seed. If we fail to make for Playoffs we better get lucky via lottery or we will stay with the pick and miss the top 5.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

20+mil capspace ...That kind of money means we can get 

Jeremy Lamb,  Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kanter, Vucevic,  or Mirotic. 

or even take gambles on guys like  DeAngelo Russell,  Mudiay,  Delon Wright, Oubre,  or....Rodney Hood. 

Marc will pick his option.

We better let him walk the other year or work on a 2 or 3 year deal with less than 50 mil and have money next year to sign Oubre or someone like him. This of course if we fail to trade Temple + Jam now and maybe cleaning some of Parsons salary.

I don't want Marc any time past this season.  If he opts in, he should be traded as a useful expiring deal.  If he opts out, we celebrate.

Only player I would offer any money to is Russell.  I would offer him up to the MAX.  He is 23 and improving rapidly.  He is a capable combo guard that can facilitate and score.

Otherwise, I would try and take on money for assets.  

2 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Marc will pick his option.

We better let him walk the other year or work on a 2 or 3 year deal with less than 50 mil and have money next year to sign Oubre or someone like him. This of course if we fail to trade Temple + Jam now and maybe cleaning some of Parsons salary.

You are prob right.

I am listening to Tony Allen on Vernon show.   He is raving about Jaren and how much he likes Dillon Brooks.  Loves both of their hearts and skills.  

He commentated on Mike and Marc's leadership style and said they need to be more vocal.   That what is missing in his opinion.   He told a story about him encouraging Mike to yell at him when he messed up to be the example.   He said Mike would eventually call him out but never cussed him. 

Tony then made a revealing comment about Gasol's lack of leadership.   He said that when a guy doesn't take a lot of shots during a game that he is doing it to deflect blame.   In other words  he wants to be able to say it wasn't his fault we loss.   Tony played with Marc for 7 years so that was very telling for him to say that.      

Time to move on from Marc - once again just like last season.   I am fine with Mike being sole representative from glorydays but Marc is a problem. 

6 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I don't want Marc any time past this season.  If he opts in, he should be traded as a useful expiring deal.  If he opts out, we celebrate.

Only player I would offer any money to is Russell.  I would offer him up to the MAX.  He is 23 and improving rapidly.  He is a capable combo guard that can facilitate and score.

Ok you would do that, FO wont do it. Even my idea of trading for Beal is near impossible. I see Marc picking his option and staying, or making a new deal that wiuld still hurt us longterm like I said before. I just wish we could cut a lot salary in thta process like a 3 year deal less than 50 mil with the 3rd being a team option. Or a 2 year 36 mil 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are prob right.

I am listening to Tony Allen on Vernon show.   He is raving about Jaren and how much he likes Dillon Brooks.  Loves both of their hearts and skills.  

He commentated on Mike and Marc's leadership style and said they need to be more vocal.   That what is missing in his opinion.   He told a story about him encouraging Mike to yell at him when he messed up to be the example.   He said Mike would eventually call him out but never cussed him. 

Tony then made a revealing comment about Gasol's lack of leadership.   He said that when a guy doesn't take a lot of shots during a game that he is doing it to deflect blame.   In other words  he wants to be able to say it wasn't his fault we loss.   Tony played with Marc for 7 years so that was very telling for him to say that.      

Time to move on from Marc - once again just like last season.   I am fine with Mike being sole representative from glorydays but Marc is a problem. 

I have been telling people that a great shooter not shooting is the same dumb basketball as a bad shooter shooting.  Somehow, not shooting when your team needs it is not as frowned upon in most circles.  Passing up wide open shots to kick it to Temple and others is just bad basketball and shows either a lack of BBIQ or lack of heart.  Seems TA thinks it means he has no heart.

But I have been telling y'all Marc wasn't 'bout dat life for almost 5 seasons.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Gasol opts out and goes elsewhere -- how much caproom does that gives us to make a signing in 2019?  Anyone know?

Assuming we renounce all our free agents and the MLE/BAE, we'd have about around $23M. We'd also have the $4.6M room exception. If we keep our 1st round pick that would create another cap hold worth $3.6M-$6.9M depending on the pick position. So we'd have something between $16M-$20M in cap room.

EDIT: Actually less than that because we'd also have an incomplete roster cap hold due to not having 12 players in the roster.

Enough to hire a bunch of role players to fill the 7 empty roster spots but not enough for a max salary bid because we cannot add the exceptions to the cap space.

A pointless exercise anyway because Marc is not leaving $25M on the table at 34 years old.

2020. Keep the eyes on the prize.

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are prob right.

I agree, but the time already passed that we would get a lot. If we give picks and get Beal I a Marc trade I would be in favor. I just dont want some scrubs for Marc, or a late lottery pick in a draft like the next one. I would luv if he opt out, but if that its not the case we should change his contract to allow us to sign a player like Oubre or Russel.

9 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Dude i got the spray can ready to paint over the Gasol mural's on standby!  

Out of the list of names i provided Russell is clearly the most talented and fills biggest need of combo scorer.   I hope the fact that Nets spent all that money on Dinwiddie that they are willing to let DR go.   Skill set wise DeAngelo is a better fit than Jaylen Brown.  

Future Lineup:   Jevon/DeAngelo/Dillon or Cam Reddish/Kyle/Jaren     Much more balanced with scoring, playmaking and defense.    

Charlotte Hornets.

Kemba is having his best year and will be a free agent. They don't want to lose him. Trading for Gasol will show him and their fans that they want to be bonafide contenders. M.J. and Kupchak would go for it.

4 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Assuming we renounce all our free agents and the MLE/BAE, we'd have about around $23M. We'd also have the $4.6M room exception. If we keep our 1st round pick that would create another cap hold worth $3.6M-$6.9M depending on the pick position. So we'd have something between $16M-$20M in cap room.

Enough to hire a bunch of role players to fill the 7 empty roster spots but not enough for a max salary bid because we cannot add the exceptions to the cap space.

A pointless exercise anyway because Marc is not leaving $25M on the table at 34 years old.

I agree.

6 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I have been telling people that a great shooter not shooting is the same dumb basketball as a bad shooter shooting.  Somehow, not shooting when your team needs it is not as frowned upon in most circles.  Passing up wide open shots to kick it to Temple and others is just bad basketball and shows either a lack of BBIQ or lack of heart.  Seems TA thinks it means he has no heart.

He is not a alpha and since Zbo has gone MC tried to be that,  but healthy never let him become. Marc on the other hand always shy away from been a 2nd option.

4 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Charlotte Hornets.

Kemba is having his best year and will be a free agent. They don't want to lose him. Trading for Gasol will show him and their fans that they want to be bonafide contenders. M.J. and Kupchak would go for it.

I would take a terrible contract back for Bridges

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dude i got the spray can ready to paint over the Gasol mural's on standby!  

Out of the list of names i provided Russell is clearly the most talented and fills biggest need of combo scorer.   I hope the fact that Nets spent all that money on Dinwiddie that they are willing to let DR go.   Skill set wise DeAngelo is a better fit than Jaylen Brown.  

Future Lineup:   Jevon/DeAngelo/Dillon or Cam Reddish/Kyle/Jaren     Much more balanced with scoring, playmaking and defense.    

I dont know man, I would favor Jaylen Brown over Russel. Problemn is that Jaylen is FA only in 2 years right?

9 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

EDIT: Actually less than that because we'd also have an incomplete roster cap hold due to not having 12 players in the roster.

Way to crush my dreams Fanboy.......What about if they stretch Parsons!  At that point wouldn't it be the last year of his deal?

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Way to crush my dreams Fanboy.......What about if they stretch Parsons!  At that point wouldn't it be the last year of his deal?

3 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I dont know man, I would favor Jaylen Brown over Russel. Problemn is that Jaylen is FA only in 2 years right?

Yea Brown won't be available till 2020 but we will have the capspace then to move on him. 

5 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I would take a terrible contract back for Bridges

Yep i would be real tempted to take Batum if it includes Bridges too.    Then slide him or Kyle over to PF to start with Jaren. 

22 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

That's what i thought he was insinuating as well.   He wasn't being malicious about it but calling it as he sees it.    

36 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You are prob right.

Wow that stuff about Marc is crazy. He really said that?

Or are you paraphrasing.

If that's really what he said he need Marc needs to go, yesterday