Lord Gordon

Time to trade Marc

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

This team needs to do whatever it can to either get draft assets or young talent assets so if that means taking on a bad contract or two then so be it. They are in no position to be picky with this crap roster they have 

That's just the thing. I don't think Marc will get you what you desire. 

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

How about a bad contract and a second round pick?

I'd be ok with getting a truly awful contract in exchange for a first round pick. Otherwise it's not worth losing the cap flexibility.

The reason I'm ok with getting a bad contract is I don't think we're going to be any good in 3-4 years, so we may as well use that and collect picks. The first moment we're really going to need cap space is when we max Jaren's contract in 2022.

If only Chris Wallace could trade with himself because Gasol + 2nd pick traded for Chandler Parsons + 1st  is about the only thing that could get done.  So maybe Wallace is calling himself up.

c-658vsxoao3ovc-1139955-1280x0.jpeg

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I'd be ok with getting a truly awful contract in exchange for a first round pick. Otherwise it's not worth losing the cap flexibility.

The reason I'm ok with getting a bad contract is I don't think we're going to be any good in 3-4 years, so we may as well use that and collect picks. The first moment we're really going to need cap space is when we max Jaren's contract in 2022.

Exactly.  Say that again for the crowd in the back!

I don't think ppl understand that we already have 3 bad contracts.  Mike Marc and Chandler are not playing anywhere close to their pay level and are handicapping our cap space.   That is the very definition of bad contracts.     
All we are proposing is exchanging bad contracts with another team in hopes of getting young talent or assets.     At bare minimum removing Mike/Marc forces  team focus to Jaren and the future.    GnG in all shape and forms is over.     

Marc needs to go same reason Zbo had to go.   It is too difficult to fit them in as role players in our situation from a coaching and mentality standpoint.    Removing them will force JB to change his philosophy.   WE are a halfcourt team because Marc prefers slow paced offensive scheme.    Everyone else on the team can run.  Our defensive scheme is also dependent on him.    Once he got hampered it made it more difficult to keep up as well.     He needs to go. 

#MAGTA

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Anybody (here) have access to theathletic.com

I'd be interested to see what was so candid and honest from Gasol.

Nothing he just spoke as if his time as a grizzly was coming to an end 

This is from Marc Stein:

If (when?) the Grizzlies reach the point that they are truly prepared to break up their star duo of Gasol and Mike Conley, one potential trade scenario I’ve heard would involve Memphis insisting to any interested team that Chandler Parsons must be involved in the same trade.

39 mins ago – via New York Times

Is the FO or Wallace already trying to kill the Marc trade by conditionally demanding that Parsons be tied in???

37 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

This is from Marc Stein:

If (when?) the Grizzlies reach the point that they are truly prepared to break up their star duo of Gasol and Mike Conley, one potential trade scenario I’ve heard would involve Memphis insisting to any interested team that Chandler Parsons must be involved in the same trade.

39 mins ago – via New York Times

Is the FO or Wallace already trying to kill the Marc trade by conditionally demanding that Parsons be tied in???

Imagine how many picks and young assets we would get from that trade.

If this is true, and this is the FO strategy, it's game over. We're doomed.

If parsons has to be the deal we won't move anyone.