Made you look.

Actually, what kind of coach do you want to replace JBB, if he is indeed made to walk the plank?

A younger guy?  An older guy but not as old as Hubie?  An X's/O's tactical guy?  A motivation guy?

Whaddaya thinkin'?  (Begging L.H. is not an option)

Stackhouse.  A good, established coach will not take this job.  We have to find someone young who is looking for an opportunity to get into the coaching ranks.

13 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Stackhouse.  A good, established coach will not take this job.  We have to find someone young who is looking for an opportunity to get into the coaching ranks. An assistant coach who's already in the books and will coach for dirt money, as it is traditional.

Fixed it for you.

44 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Stackhouse.  A good, established coach will not take this job.  We have to find someone young who is looking for an opportunity to get into the coaching ranks.

If there is a good, established coach looking for an NBA job, they would be silly to turn down the Grizzlies opportunity. 

I wouldn't mind Brevin Knight taking off the headset and sliding over a few seats. During games he's constantly pointing out things you would think the coaching staff would notice. Things like getting Jaren more involved or how the team constantly stands around and watches Marc and Mike.

1 hour ago, LilFrontOffice said:

I wouldn't mind Brevin Knight taking off the headset and sliding over a few seats. During games he's constantly pointing out things you would think the coaching staff would notice. Things like getting Jaren more involved or how the team constantly stands around and watches Marc and Mike.

+1

2 hours ago, LilFrontOffice said:

He would be interesting but I support it 

I'd like Mark Jackson most but no way the FO would take him on, they can not tolerate any constructive criticism or suggestions at all.

But he's got a very good BB mind, and he'd bring back the toughness that we lack, plus he wouldn't tolerate and diva antics from anyone.

Having said that, Brevin Knight would be an excellent fit, and he also has great vision of the game and probably already has a very good relationship with the players.

The other thing to consider is the assistant coaches - the gang we got just don't seem to have any intelligence, vision, planning at all.

They all need to be cleaned out

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If there is a good, established coach looking for an NBA job, they would be silly to turn down the Grizzlies opportunity. 

Can you name one that you would hire if it was your team and your money paying him? 

I have a wild card to toss out there.

**If they can wait until college basketball season is over -  Avery Johnson

I've asked this question buried in other threads, but who is the defensive guru on this coaching staff?  It seems easy to look at most staffs or read the bios to see who the defensive coach is, but I'm not sure.  It seems like the whole staff has a background in "player development".

3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Can you name one that you would hire if it was your team and your money paying him? 

Honestly no. 

Brevin does seem to “GET IT”. Marc Jackson?

I really don’t know about coach...But I think I would do David Griffin for GM tho

7 hours ago, LilFrontOffice said:

5 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

+1

5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

He would be interesting but I support it 

5 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Conley would thrive under Knight. I love Knight so I'd be down.

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Brevin it is make it happen Wallace

5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'd like Mark Jackson most but no way the FO would take him on, they can not tolerate any constructive criticism or suggestions at all.

But he's got a very good BB mind, and he'd bring back the toughness that we lack, plus he wouldn't tolerate and diva antics from anyone.

Having said that, Brevin Knight would be an excellent fit, and he also has great vision of the game and probably already has a very good relationship with the players.

I'm pretty sure Brevin has stated several times that he's fine doing what he's doing and playing golf. Isn't his brother a coach? I'm pretty sure I have heard them discuss it at least twice and Brevin laughs coaching off. 

8 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Brevin does seem to “GET IT”. Marc Jackson?

I really don’t know about coach...But I think I would do David Griffin for GM tho

This.

Before we can consider a new coach, I feel it is imperative we find a competent GM. It will pretty much be the blind leading the blind as long as Chris Wallace is at the helm.

6 hours ago, bhoyal said:

I have a wild card to toss out there.

**If they can wait until college basketball season is over -  Avery Johnson

i like Avery Johnson....I've always liked him as a coach.  

8 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

i like Avery Johnson....I've always liked him as a coach.  

Even after coaching a few crappy NBA teams toward the end of that NBA coaching run before switching to college coaching, his winning % is still around 58% - which is really not bad considering everything.

11 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Even after coaching a few crappy NBA teams toward the end of that NBA coaching run before switching to college coaching, his winning % is still around 58% - which is really not bad considering everything.

I like his style.  He doesn't take crap from anybody.  

20 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

A good, established coach will not take this job.  We have to find someone young who is looking for an opportunity to get into the coaching ranks.

Isn't that exactly what we have right now?

4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I like his style.  He doesn't take crap from anybody.  

What was in ESPN when Avery J. was hired at Bama:

"Coach Johnson has an impressive record from the professional ranks, as both a player and a head coach," Alabama athletic director Bill Battle said in a statement Monday. "His personal history is a testament to what character, enthusiasm, perseverance, talent and intelligence can do. He has shown fortitude and skill in every opportunity."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12623514/avery-johnson-agrees-become-alabama-crimson-tide-basketball-coach

So... Stack as interim and then A J as permanent coach after Bama's season ends?  I vote for it.  

7 hours ago, bhoyal said:

What was in ESPN when Avery J. was hired at Bama:

"Coach Johnson has an impressive record from the professional ranks, as both a player and a head coach," Alabama athletic director Bill Battle said in a statement Monday. "His personal history is a testament to what character, enthusiasm, perseverance, talent and intelligence can do. He has shown fortitude and skill in every opportunity."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12623514/avery-johnson-agrees-become-alabama-crimson-tide-basketball-coach

So... Stack as interim and then A J as permanent coach after Bama's season ends?  I vote for it.  

Changing coaches again won't have any impact at this point. We need a major overhaul.