Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies at Miami Heat - 1/12/2019

Marc fell asleep on the rebound. At times the team is asleep. Just create the mismatch and do what works until they adjust. This is the number one frustration watching Griz games, followed closely by post entry passing.

This team should have a playoff worthy record. And the players know it.

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Look like we will have.

I believe next years first round draft goes to boston  the jeff green trade back around 3 years ago 

I just looked at the 2019 mock draft 2019 top 8 protected  2020 top 6 protected

it looks like we gave away our first round pick away for a N.B.A ROLE PLAYER

30 minutes ago, Grizzly_Bear said:

They were both in the game along with Gasol in the last few minutes. Jaren was great on defense and Jamychal made a big shot on offense. Unfortunately, nothing else seemed to go right. Mack always ends up with the ball in crucial moments. Marc had a bad turnover. The final possession was mismanaged. I don't really have a problem with the lineup that finished the game. We just need a real shooting guard. This Mack + Mike thing ain't working.

If Mack had been making shots, I could have understood having him in there.  

I know there isn't much on that bench right now, but Temple should have inbounded and gotten 1 of those 3 guys on the post up.

23 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

Marc fell asleep on the rebound. At times the team is asleep. Just create the mismatch and do what works until they adjust. This is the number one frustration watching Griz games, followed closely by post entry passing.

This team should have a playoff worthy record. And the players know it.

Marc absolutely does not know what his role on the team is. The grizzlies right now have 1 star and that is Mike and Jam is probably our second best player on the team but JB doesn't have the balls to demote marc and move to designing an offense around Jam and Mike.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Marc absolutely does not know what his role on the team is. The grizzlies right now have 1 star and that is Mike and Jam is probably our second best player on the team but JB doesn't have the balls to demote marc and move to designing an offense around Jam and Mike.

I go back to my old standby. Its Marc and Mike's team. They need to enforce the mismatch thing.

Because of his size, Marc is often the one who should be taking advantage of the mismatch. He should be shooting over or pounding and bullying his way to the hoop until they double or the refs stop him. Then there will open jump shots.

Jam Green is our second best player on this team, that's a testament to jam and an indictment on Marc. Although clueless Bickerstaff will not recognize this.

Only mike and our bench players did anything this game. I know y'all love Jaren, but he is hit or miss and his lack of rebounding is a problem.

55 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jam Green is our second best player on this team, that's a testament to jam and an indictment on Marc. Although clueless Bickerstaff will not recognize this.

Only mike and our bench players did anything this game. I know y'all love Jaren, but he is hit or miss and his lack of rebounding is a problem.

What?

he is a ROOKIE !

how many games has he played in the NBA?

news flash - he’s gonna hit the dreaded “rookie wall” soon too. we gonna blast him for that too?

see 13 has been so good performing well above expectations that when a stinker pops up it is very noticeable.

also... please x3 look at where he is on the floor ! 

kinda hard to get rebounds directly under the basket , playing in the paint.

also I absolutely hate it when I hear lazy columnists make wild comparisons to other players yet, I find myself hoping 13 can become a kg for us once he puts on a little weight. He already has the heat.

remember when I mentioned that the Grizz appear to be playing under orders to hustle back on d seemingly as soon as we hoist a shot... how can you crash the boards when the whole team is running back the other way?

Jam is playing pretty good ball and he definitely has a fire to his game.

oh ...

MIKE CONLEY IS NOT A SHOOTING GUARD AND MARC GASOL IS NOT A POINT GUARD

annnnddd - mack IS NOT A QUALITY NBA PLAYER

(I MEAN, SURELY YOU KNEW ID SLIDE SOME MACK HATE IN HERE SOMEWHERE, RIGHT?)

if the coach can’t even recognize where his veteran players’ strengths are , how can we blame the players?

13 is gonna be a beast ... he has to grow by playing to get there. he , as all players do, will have a few off nights.

this loss (well , all losses) sucked. 

but at this point I’ve already checked out of pushing for the playoffs and placed my hopes firmly into next season. (Kinda like I’m doing with Penny and the Tigers ... NEXT season can’t come quickly enough. We had better be BEASTING by then).

roll the ball out, play 13 , Yuta, Rabb , and Jevon - ALOT. (put Dillion here too)

everybody else is expendable... at least that’s how it plays in my mind.

When was the last time we made a buzzer beater?

Who made that shot?

I rest my case

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He's hit and miss because he doesn't get the dam ball when there is no one in the paint, against teams who don't play in the paint.

I guess you choose to ignore how he can take guys off the dribble and score at the rim, basically unstoppable

He did it to James Johnson tonite.

Why does this "coach" not allow The Kid to play his own game?

What a waste of a draft pick to bring in REAL talent and use him just to set screens and launch the occasional 3

41 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

MIKE CONLEY IS NOT A SHOOTING GUARD AND MARC GASOL IS NOT A POINT GUARD

annnnddd - mack IS NOT A QUALITY NBA PLAYER

You've summed up our season and what is wrong with it

We beat the Spurs because we let Temple only take 6 shots.

Tonight Mack took 13 shots - you don't need to be Nostradamus to figure out the result

17 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

When was the last time we made a buzzer beater?

Who made that shot?

I rest my case

Lol no idea... Rudy over Lebron?

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Lol no idea... Rudy over Lebron?

LOL

Jaren in the OT win and scored 36. He hit a buzzer beater to tie the game and send it to OT

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I know y'all love Jaren, but he is hit or miss and his lack of rebounding is a problem.

He had as many rebounds as Gasoft.

If you exclude the last Spurs game, in the 7 latest losses, do you know how many FT attempts Gasoft has had in total?

How about AD, Aldridge, Embiid, KAT, in the same 7 game stretch.

The whole game plan is Fd up, stretch 4, stretch 5, it's all a load of BS

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

You've summed up our season and what is wrong with it

If Anderson is out for any amount of time, get ready for a healthy dose of Mack and Carter.

14 hours ago, lions said:

I believe next years first round draft goes to boston  the jeff green trade back around 3 years ago 

Zion is coming.

23 hours ago, memphis slim said:

as close to a must win as there is i would say.

slim.

The Grizzlies are way past must wins in my opinion.

Man i'd love to see what Spoelstra could've done with this roster.   Dude truly knows how to adapt and maximize his players strengths.  

He is playing Winslow at PG!! and has now truly unlocked his potential.   It is no coincidence that little heralded guys(Josh, Tyler, Whiteside, JJohnson) have all thrived down in MIA and got paid.   He understands his players strengths and weaknesses.