Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Grizzlies at New Orleans Pelicans - 1/7/2019

2 minutes ago, GamesOut said:

Is Hustle stadium beer cheaper?

honestly don't know.

lemme check next game. 

I'll 'report my findings' ! 

Seriously ... I think I will do a real post letting you guys know what its like at the Hustle games.

I'm on it.

Funny how everyone seems amazed that Marc can't dominate when he's going against the best center in the NBA.  Marc definitely has been in a funk lately.  Not sure why anyone expected different results.

10 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Mike is at the point that he'd be better served being traded to a team that is in need of his services to take them to the next level...

I have been team he's just a rookie, to team keep Kyle , to team well he's figuring it out ... finally team - he is who he is - and that's not a knock on him at all.. he is not now , never has been able to put this team on his back and get us to the next level.

that is what we need.

test the waters and see what he's worth out there... not saying trade him ... but ... at least see what he's worth in other teams' plans

As for Marc... he really gets under my skin because he HAS the PHYSICAL tools AND the MENTAL KNOW HOW to be a very very VERY good player... 

zbo showed us he CAN do it.

he.just.won't.do.it.

Mike would be a good fit in San Antonio and make them a dangerous team in the West. And San Antonio has young guys like Walker and Murray that we could build around JJJ.

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

As for Marc... he really gets under my skin because he HAS the PHYSICAL tools AND the MENTAL KNOW HOW to be a very very VERY good player... 

zbo showed us he CAN do it.

he.just.won't.do.it.

Maybe a year ago, two years ago he wouldn't do it. Now it's more like he can't do it. That's what being 34 years old playing some of heaviest minutes in league at that age will do to you.

The wheels may have finally fallen off for Marc.

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

honestly don't know.

lemme check next game. 

I'll 'report my findings' ! 

Seriously ... I think I will do a real post letting you guys know what its like at the Hustle games.

I'm on it.

Just wondered.  Don't mind spending $5 on a beer at Fedex, but wondered if there were better incentives to go to a smaller arena.

11 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Grizz gave up 70--SEVENTY points in the paint.   Nice defense Marc and everybody else, but 70 pts in the painted area????   Jesus, that is just not giving a darn. 

MEM led 60-55 in the 3rd and lost 114-95.  That is a helluva a collapse in a short time

As I said earlier in the thread, the defense is MUCH worse when Gasol is on the court than when he is not on it.

If D = effort, then Gasol has checked out

4 minutes ago, cdp said:

Maybe a year ago, two years ago he wouldn't do it. Now it's more like he can't do it. That's what being 34 years old playing some of heaviest minutes in league at that age will do to you.

Yup Marc’s dunski

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Funny how everyone seems amazed that Marc can't dominate when he's going against the best center in the NBA.  Marc definitely has been in a funk lately.  Not sure why anyone expected different results.

Because he's done it before, and done much better before against the same guy

5 minutes ago, cdp said:

No I don't think its that, I think he's checked out - he looks like he did during that losing stretch that got Fizdale fired, its the same look and same effort on show

check out the next 4 games.  Get used to this.  Going to be 4 more losses.  Now they are 18-22 and about to go to 18-26.  SAS, at MIA, @HOU and MIL ( the #1 ranked team in the league).   Loss, loss, loss loss based on the way they are playing right now.

Oh they will hang around in the 1st half then dig the hole in the 3rd quarter and either just fall short or get blown out in the 4th.  You can just about predict how its going to go.

JB can't coach if he can't do better than this.

Fizdale got fired, aside from being a D, because the team kept losing and losing....and that was without Mike.

What's JB's excuse?

Or more accurately....since we have Mike in there and playing quite reasonable, and a quality draft pick who has played generally quite reasonable, and we are still losing and losing, why should JB not also get fired?

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Lately?

well.....

We did win one game against them and he wasn't too bad in that, not like this and not like he has been

10 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Because he's done it before, and done much better before against the same guy

No one expects him to dominate ADavis.  That is ridiculous but 7 pts and 5 boards????   Come on man, at least give some effort.  If Marc was out there busting his butt and trying to guard ADavis and getting waxed but on the other end, he was aggressive and was trying to find his shot, then I can cut him some slack.  We all understand how great Davis is, but its not just this game.  Marc is in some sort of funk for some reason.  He wont say what it is.  He said after the famous fight that he was going to be more vocal in his leadership role with the team.  Well the team sucks just as bad as it did before "the fight."  So what ever leadership Marc was going to give is basically a big fat zero and yes, we all understand Davis is a handfull.   And if Marc cant stop Davis and Davis gets 36 pts like tonight, then at least Marc could maybe try to score some more and negate as much as possible what Davis did.  But 7 pts on 3 for 10 shooting is just sorry and not worth the $24.1M he is getting from the team.

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

well.....

We did win one game against them and he wasn't too bad in that, not like this and not like he has been

No one cheats Father Time.  He catches everyone.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

No one cheats Father Time.  He catches everyone.

What...in a month of time passing?

19 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

AD isnt some lock down defender, he guarded JJJ quite a bit and the NBA switches a lot. So stop these excuses.

12 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

No I don't think its that, I think he's checked out - he looks like he did during that losing stretch that got Fizdale fired, its the same look and same effort on show

I think you are right, but we are most likely stuck with JB.  Cant see Pera firing a 2nd coach in 2 years.  

28 minutes ago, bobblybook1 said:

I’d get the lakers on the phone. See if we could get Kuzma or Brandon, with some young shooters 

we can't match salaries without them giving us like 3-5 players, they need to have a roster of 13

8 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

What...in a month of time passing?

he was doing just fine when MEM was 12-5.   This is between Marc's ears. He is aging and he has played a lot of minutes over the years, but it didnt just go south for Marc in the last month and a half.   Something is not pleasing to Marc and when he is not happy, this is what you get.  And it surprises me that he would do this to his buddy Mike.  He is leaving his friend high and dry when it comes to leading this team.  Poor Mike is doing all he can, but he isnt Allen Iverson in his prime like Brevin was alluding to in the post game show.  Mike can carry the team only so far by himself

I just woke up saw  the score  WOW another 20 pt lost