Thomas

Woj: Parsons to leave Grizzles indefinitely

1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

like me coming on here and stating it’s going to be very cold and wet tonight. come on fbs. 

slim. 

I mean if he’s not ousted quickly he’s bound to make some franchise crippling move at the level of the Thabeet draft or the Parsons signing. And then it won’t matter if we get a new FO.

Yeah I’m expecting at least one more devastating blunder by Wallace before he is gone. Like trading for Wiggins contract or trading JJJ for a vet to make one more run with mike and Marc. It’s coming 

16 hours ago, memphis slim said:

like me coming on here and stating it’s going to be very cold and wet tonight. come on fbs. 

slim. 

LOL

On 1/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, Allen said:

The entire league lowballed him though 

Wasn't he a RFA at the time though?

It makes a difference.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure his agent understands that or communicated that.

I think JAM has done a good job developing his game and he'll be worth more, but bigs aren't worth what they used to be.  He really had a pretty fair deal, but should probably expect more this offseason.

I'm trying to think who the comparable FA was from last off-season:

Jerami Grant (3 year/$27 mm)

Ed Davis? (1 year/$4.4 mm)

Julius Randle (2 years/$17 mm), but that has a PO, and Randle didn't get a lot of takers.

Maybe he gets closer to that Aaron Gordon deal (4/$76 mm), but I highly doubt it.

My way too early guess is that Randle opts out, and some team throws him a bunch of money, and JaM is the consolation prize for another team looking for a PF (possibly here).   A 2 year/$18 mm type of deal, similar to Randle's this year.

Another example of the short-sightedness of this FO:

They knew they were going to get rid of Zbo but didn't have the guts to tell Marc or Mike until after the event.

Zbo walks for nothing instead of a trade for ANY assets

JaM gets a QO of 4mil and spits the dummy but there are no other takers

After months, including Julius Randle being passed over for 17/2, Jam signs for 17/2 with no other offers

Guys- maybe its just me, but this is driving me crazy that we can't do anything with Parsons. Has anyone heard any recent news? are there rumors out there that I am unaware of? The more I think about it, the more it drives me nuts. 

1 hour ago, Memphisyank said:

Guys- maybe its just me, but this is driving me crazy that we can't do anything with Parsons. Has anyone heard any recent news? are there rumors out there that I am unaware of? The more I think about it, the more it drives me nuts. 

I wouldn't think about it.  There was a tweet sent out today from USA Rehab about Parsons wanting to play, but it linked back to the CA article from late December.

The interesting tweets are coming from Celtics fans tired of Gordon Hayward, including something like this:

There are also dumb Laker fans that tweet this (actually it is the linked article that is the incredible s-t-r-e-t-c-h: