Thomas

Woj: Parsons to leave Grizzles indefinitely

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I'm not opposed to using it, and it was part of the reason I wanted him to come back and play.  He couldn't have a career ending injury sitting on the bench.

It would be hard for the Grizzlies to prove that he is physically unable to play when there are independent and/or team doctors who have cleared him to play, he has been begging to play, AND the Grizzlies (allegedly) asked him to play in California and in Southaven.  All 3 are indicators that he isn't an injured player.

The purpose of the exception isn't to knock bad salaries off of your salary cap..

Not allowing him to play during an NBA regular season game is explained by the 10 game limit and the 1 year anniversary rule. Making him prove his fitness to play in the G League is not conceding that he is fit.

The purpose of the exception is to knock unfit-to-play-due-to-career-ending-injury salaries off of your salary cap.

I would like to know more about the doctor reports from an unbiased source.

My point is that he can't play. How much more money can he earn in the NBA?

HE SHOULD RETIRE.

8 hours ago, Gradey said:

The only thing I blame Parsons for is being tone deaf to the situation.  Honestly, you got one over.  Just shut up and cash your checks.

+10000000. EXACTLY!!!!!

2 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Not allowing him to play during an NBA regular season game is explained by the 10 game limit and the 1 year anniversary rule. Making him prove his fitness to play in the G League is not conceding that he is fit.

The purpose of the exception is to knock unfit-to-play-due-to-career-ending-injury salaries off of your salary cap.

I would like to know more about the doctor reports from an unbiased source.

My point is that he can't play. How much more money can he earn in the NBA?

HE SHOULD RETIRE.

Nobody from the Grizzlies organization has stated he isn't healthy right now.

There were a lot of concerns about his effectiveness and durability, and some here have argued he needs to earn it before getting back on the court, but it would have been medical malpractice for Grizzlies doctors to knowingly have him play in G League if he knew he wasn't physically capable.  When Grizzlies officials stated they requested him to play in Southaven, they were agreeing he was physically capable of playing, but they wanted to see him be effective.

10 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

There were a lot of concerns about his effectiveness and durability, and some here have argued he needs to earn it before getting back on the court, but it would have been medical malpractice for Grizzlies doctors to knowingly have him play in G League if he knew he wasn't physically capable.  When Grizzlies officials stated they requested him to play in Southaven, they were agreeing he was physically capable of playing, but they wanted to see him be effective.

Then games like tonight and the other night should be games that he gets in. The games that are over in the fourth quarter, should be the time when Chandler plays. I rarely see Ivan Rabb plays unless it’s garbage time. Chandler should do the same, and if he proves he’s effective then he’s can get more minutes, simply because of his paychecks.

Hopefully a Parsons trade will go down soon. Actually it’s now time to press the panic button and do something ASAP. The goal is to stay out of the bottom 8 and deliver the pick to BOS.

I m beginning to wonder why Parsons isn’t getting a shot. How much worse can it get? Maybe he will blow out his knee again and the team could use the injured player exception. That’s bettter than watching the team implode and Parsons in LA

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I m beginning to wonder why Parsons isn’t getting a shot. How much worse can it get? Maybe he will blow out his knee again and the team could use the injured player exception. That’s bettter than watching the team implode and Parsons in LA

Because he's trashed the organisation, he dogged out his teammates, he cant be trusted, and frankly he aint that good.

Cuban was right about him.

CJ McCollom was right about him

Geoff Calkins is right about him

If Parsons is going around screaming "Give me a M...F.. jersey", then he can have one that says, "Made in China"

Dont go soft on him Chip

I’m just sick of watching this team play so poorly. I’m willing to try anything to change THAT trend.

59 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

We will just have to differ on this.

We're talking about a knee not a heart. A lot of it has to do with how it feels, probably more so after extensive repair. I don't see malpractice issues.

What do you think about that video of him after 2 months of rest and rehab?

Do you think that the players and coaches are looking at those kinda workouts and saying "Chandler, you look great. You are ready, buddy." Or are they saying something encouraging like "We really need you out there. We're looking forward to getting you back. You could really help us."

Its tough for a pro but its over. He's a friend. We'd like to stay friendly and have him face reality. If it is over, then he could refuse to retire out of spite.

If he does eventually retire early, putting him in games now hurts us badly according to that question #61.

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Because he's trashed the organisation, he dogged out his teammates, he cant be trusted, and frankly he aint that good.

Cuban was right about him.

CJ McCollom was right about him

Geoff Calkins is right about him

If Parsons is going around screaming "Give me a M...F.. jersey", then he can have one that says, "Made in China"

Dont go soft on him Chip

I’m missing something, where did he trash the organization?  Where did he dog out his teammates?

man Wallace has you guys all spun up, it’s called slight of hand... 

get mad cause dude is hurt and can’t play?  Get mad cause dude says he is ok and wants to play?  Which is it?

again why have the Grizz not ask Mike or Marc to ever go g-leaguing after an injury?

heck the Grizz aren’t much better than the g-league so let him play and see if he can play...

wallace is the one you should be getting spun up about, he could help that he made a horrid acquisition, Parsons can’t help that he’s a cripple. 

12 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

I’m missing something, where did he trash the organization?  

He trashed the organisation by going to the media and telling lies about his rehab plan and his communications with management. He did this deliberately to make the organisation look bad and to rehabilitate his soiled name and reputation

Where did he dog out his teammates?

By leaking to the media about the Temple-Casspi fight, he wasn't even there, and he wasn't having a beef with either of them. This was reported by Edmiston. I choose to believe this report. You can choose whatever angle you like. He can never be trusted ever again. If I was a Grizzlies teammate, I would never ever trust him. He spilled his guts like the rat that he is.

He also dogged his teammates because his delusional mind thinks he is entitled to be a starter, that he earned that, and even said this in the media, I've already posted the reference. What about the guys who have actually played well and EARNED  that position: Jaren, JaM, Kyle - he's dogged them out to the media

Parsons, you ain't entitled to Jack s...., you ain't earned nothing, and now we got Jaren, Kyle, JaM who can all play the only position left that you're crippled peg-legs could handle so their ain't no roster spot left for you.

No one here that I have ever read has said Wallace has done a good job. NOBODY has said he should not be fired. EVERYONE has said he SHOULD BE FIRED

get mad cause dude is hurt and can’t play?  Get mad cause dude says he is ok and wants to play?  Which is it?

BOTH, because he is a liar, and he's shown over the three years here, that he will never be able to string games together  without breaking down. That's as sure as night turns to day. 

again why have the Grizz not ask Mike or Marc to ever go g-leaguing after an injury?

He hasn't been able to play 3 games in a row since Nov 2017. He's broken down at least a half dozen times and gone into rehab. He SHOULD prove he can play. He's been asked to play 3 games with the Hustle. There is not one media commentator that has said that is unreasonable and he should refuse. They are saying he should do it.

It's actually insulting that you would even compare Marc or Mike to this fiasco. Insulting to them, insulting to me, and insulting to the fans who have rode this team since 2010

heck the Grizz aren’t much better than the g-league so let him play and see if he can play...

Yeah let's see how you can play. It's just 3 games with the Hustle. Show some pride Parsons, if you're so good, you should tear it up and make HOF stats.

wallace is the one you should be getting spun up about, he could help that he made a horrid acquisition, Parsons can’t help that he’s a cripple. 

I've already responded to you about Wallace. If Parsons can't help he's a cripple, he should shut his trap, collect his pension checks and retire.

26 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

I’m missing something, where did he trash the organization?  Where did he dog out his teammates?

You're missing how he shouted at the GM in the middle of practice and in front of teammates, demanding to play. You're also missing how he and his agent are saying that he had already earned a starting spot and so he is entitled to a playing time guarantee. And he was the one bringing this up on Twitter and Instagram. Parsons can't help he's a cripple but he could help not being an entitled prick.

I'm not saying that trying to send him to the G-league is the right decision, but the guy (unlike everyone else in the roster) has supposedly been healthy, received playing time and then re-injured in a matter of weeks or even days, several times over. Don't you think the organization has a right to be skeptical about his game readiness when all he has to show is a few 5-on-5 practices with assistant coaches? To be honest, I think the G-league proposal was just an attempt to call Parsons' bluff more than anything (and a stupid one at it, since he is entitled to reject it,) but that's the least of my concerns with Parsons. The problem is his attitude, which has always been suspect and now has gone over the edge.

How is it so hard to understand that we can be mad at Parsons for demanding special treatment and even madder at Wallace for creating this whole mess?

Forget the Mexican wall, there should be an APB - if Parsons enters the Tenn-Miss-Ark tristate area, he should be automatically arrested, charged with criminal fraud, an enemy of the state, and a security risk, and throw his azzzz into Parchman, with his Grizzlies contract attached to his papers and stamped, "Never to be released"

On 1/7/2019 at 9:57 PM, chipc3 said:

Easy there, chip, you were starting to sound like me in the other thread when many thought he should be sent packing because of the sin of lack of self awareness and not trusting Wallace a 2nd time (after Wallace had already deceived everyone about the December return).

There was nothing to lose, and something to gain by playing him.  The best outcome was the injured player exception, now apparently off the table.  The next best outcome was an actual winning performance.  We had messed up trades, players fighting, and losing streaks, and posters were were actually worried about Parsons ruining chemistry.  But most of all, who cares if he got hurt again?  That could potentially help the Grizzlies.

I'm still really amazed that fans were OK with Wallace deceiving Parsons and Bickerstaff about returning in December, and then upset at Parsons for wanting something more definite when Bickerstaff was already ready to play him.

Just collect your check and wait to roll off the Grizzlies books/out of the NBA. 

Honestly, Parsons should be embarassed of what a clown he looks like right now. 

Most already knew Wallace was a clown. Now we all know Parsons is one too. 

I'm sure the FO are racking up a big phone bill trying to move Peg-Leg.

I just pray they don't mortgage the future with more picks or Mozgov type deals

And I hope they don't trade JaM and keep Marc, I'd be looking at it the other way round

he Grizzlies are also working on a potential trade destination for forward Chandler Parsons, who has spent time away from the team after the franchise made him a healthy inactive even as he was cleared medically on Dec. 21. Grizzlies forward JaMychal Green, who is in the final year of a two-year, $18 million deal, is seen by NBA teams as one of Memphis’ best young assets.

this trade will be a screwing for the grizzlies who in there right mind would take on that parson contract knowing his knees are shot

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Mozgov type deals

Ah but that's exactly the type of deal they should expect, and be making. Mozgov, Biyombo, Tristian Thompson, Ryan Anderson, Batum etc. Basically any of the non-allstar guys that got massive contracts because of the TV deal. They're all expiring around the same time, all could use a new team.‎

24 minutes ago, cdp said:

Ah but that's exactly the type of deal they should expect, and be making. Mozgov, Biyombo, Tristian Thompson, Ryan Anderson, Batum etc. Basically any of the non-allstar guys that got massive contracts because of the TV deal. They're all expiring around the same time, all could use a new team.‎

I could handle a Biyombo +  Monk + parts deal

I could handle a Batum + Monk/Bridges deal

I couldn't handle any of the others you mentioned.

Personally, I really would rather let him expire or wait until next year's deadline -  this is what is in our best interests, and just put up with the mediocre team play for another season

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I'm sure the FO are racking up a big phone bill trying to move Peg-Leg.

I just pray they don't mortgage the future with more picks or Mozgov type deals

And I hope they don't trade JaM and keep Marc, I'd be looking at it the other way round

he Grizzlies are also working on a potential trade destination for forward Chandler Parsons, who has spent time away from the team after the franchise made him a healthy inactive even as he was cleared medically on Dec. 21. Grizzlies forward JaMychal Green, who is in the final year of a two-year, $18 million deal, is seen by NBA teams as one of Memphis’ best young assets.

No ****, people think jam is our best asset. yeah, because the dude has been our second best player and does everything for this team. But then again, I don't think jam will think twice leaving Memphis after he got lowballed last go around.

42 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

No ****, people think jam is our best asset. yeah, because the dude has been our second best player and does everything for this team. But then again, I don't think jam will think twice leaving Memphis after he got lowballed last go around.

No way he would stay. He's worth a little more than we are paying him. He knows that. He knows we need him more than he needs us. 

22 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

CW is going to screw us up for a decade. You heard it here first.

like me coming on here and stating it’s going to be very cold and wet tonight. come on fbs. 

slim. 

20 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The entire league lowballed him though