Thomas

Woj: Parsons to leave Grizzles indefinitely

3 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

Does anyone really know what is going on?  

Wallace is still trying to cover his tail because he is the one who made the terrible deal to begin with so I would not trust a word he had to say on the subject.

Parsons wants to play (just not in the G league) and he is definitly not going to give back money, none of us would.  

This comes down to one thing, Wallace made a terrible deal and the Grizz and we as the fans have been paying for it and will continue to do so for serveral more years.

Try and trade Parsons, even though I doubt anyone will deal, and above all can Wallace...

I don't think anyone knows the truth unless its Wallace and Parsons. I wish we could find a team dumb enough to take him. 

If Parsons is healthy enough to play, I don’t understand why we don’t let him play. It’s not like we have great players in the rotation or we are tanking or anything. A healthy Parsons could be better than Temple and Mack. The only thing that could make sense of this situation is they are working on a trade and Parsons is tired of waiting and not playing. 

17 minutes ago, Grizball said:

If Parsons is healthy enough to play, I don’t understand why we don’t let him play. It’s not like we have great players in the rotation or we are tanking or anything. A healthy Parsons could be better than Temple and Mack. The only thing that could make sense of this situation is they are working on a trade and Parsons is tired of waiting and not playing. 

Yeah I agree, it's not like he would be taking someones rotation that we needed, find out if he can play.

I thought maybe they were working on some type trade and didn't want him reinjurying himself but then if they wanted him to play in the G league then that wouldn't make sense.

If the truth is know Wallace probably tried to get him to restructure his deal and he said no so Wallace is ******.  If I had bad wheels like Parsons I wouldn't restructure that deal either, there's no more big pay days down the road for him.

23 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I think it's a combination of two reasons:

1. What Tango said in an earlier post ^^^ about the injured player exemption and the legalities about making this claim. All you apologists should read that post, and that section of the CBA quoted

2. What I and others said before about playing him, he breaks down again like Humpty-Dumpty, and then his contract is absolutely worthless in a deadline trade. It's pretty much worthless right now as we speak, but will have some slight value next year for teams wanting to buy capspace without giving up picks to do so.  

If Parsons is played, and breaks down, his contract is worth dirt in a trade.

2 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

I care. It matters a lot. The difference between trying to save money and not getting cap relief just to be done with it or keeping him around for the length of the contract to either trade him or get maximum cap relief is -  enormous. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, simply buying him out would be disastrous and would make it very difficult for me to continue to look forward with a positive outlook about where the team could be. So, I care. Many people care, and these decisions aren't trivial.

I agree

Just put Parsons on the shelf and wait until next year.

The only way I'd consider a buyout is if Marc opts out at the end of this season, the management don't resign him, thereby creating a max or near max space, and then you wanted to strike out at someone else at the same time and need more space to do so.

But we'll have competition, there will be at least 3 teams with 2 max contract capspace next FA

Calkins with another article slamming Parsons, but also taking a shot at whoever decided to sign him. You Memphian apologists should read this and let it sink in for a bit:

https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/sportsgeoff-calkins/article/2274/Calkins-Chandler-Parsons-may-be-an-entitled-phony-but-ultimate-blame-lies-with-the-Grizz

Ron Tillery is back with a shot at the FO. The Apologists will like this one:

Ronald Tillery: Chandler Parsons is not a phony. He’s an honest, likeable guy who took a big deal from the first sucker willing to give it to him. I actually saw the contact. It’s vague. Dallas knew he was hurt. Portland knew he was hurt. Memphis didn’t care. Don’t hate the player. Hate the game 

17 mins ago – via Twitter CAGrizBea

49 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Ron Tillery is back with a shot at the FO. The Apologists will like this one:

Ronald Tillery: Chandler Parsons is not a phony. He’s an honest, likeable guy who took a big deal from the first sucker willing to give it to him. I actually saw the contact. It’s vague. Dallas knew he was hurt. Portland knew he was hurt. Memphis didn’t care. Don’t hate the player. Hate the game 

17 mins ago – via Twitter CAGrizBea

This would be all good and fine if it wasn’t for Parsons’ latest public antics. Nothing forced him to go to twitter and whine about his playing opportunities. It was clear posturing for whatever negotiation is going on behind the scene, and he (and his agent) knew very well it would resonate with the “these rubes don’t know how to manage an NBA team” audience.

if it was just about the knee(s), I would understand, appreciate and even agree with ron-ron's shout out to his homie.

but, may we be frank?

chancun is immature. chancun is tacky. chancun lacks work ethic.

chancun put himself in this mess and it truly has zilch to do with the actual contract.

this is probably the most forgiving of markets.

could you imagine if this had gone down in phily or ny? la even.

we are sweet as our iced tea until we are not.

don't pis5 down our backs and try and tell us that its raining.

thanks for the advice on how this market should feel and process chancun ron-ron.

think we'll continue to bless his heart.

slim.

honestly im about one more bone headed move from CW followed by another losing season away from not watching games anymore.  ive got better things to waste my time on

Pera needs an intervention

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

I think it's a combination of two reasons:

1. What Tango said in an earlier post ^^^ about the injured player exemption and the legalities about making this claim. All you apologists should read that post, and that section of the CBA quoted

2. What I and others said before about playing him, he breaks down again like Humpty-Dumpty, and then his contract is absolutely worthless in a deadline trade. It's pretty much worthless right now as we speak, but will have some slight value next year for teams wanting to buy capspace without giving up picks to do so.  

If Parsons is played, and breaks down, his contract is worth dirt in a trade.

Then why would they be wanting him to play in the G-League it they are afraid of him breaking down?

44 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

if it was just about the knee(s), I would understand, appreciate and even agree with ron-ron's shout out to his homie.

but, may we be frank?

chancun put himself in this mess and it truly has zilch to do with the actual contract.

thanks for the advice on how this market should feel and process chancun ron-ron.

slim.

Zilch to do with the actual contract?  Really?  I get you don't like Chandler, but he alone did not put us in this mess we find ourselves in.  It's time to demand organizational accountability.  Pera needs to relieve Wallace of his duties, immediately.

16 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

Then why would they be wanting him to play in the G-League it they are afraid of him breaking down?

Maybe they knew he would never accept that offer in the first place. So it’s like we gave him options but he chose to stay away from the team. Another thing is I suspect Parsons was the one leaking the locker room fight to the media and now Wallace is making him pay for that.

Peter Edmiston just said on the radio that Chandler Parsons leaked the fight story between Temple and Casspi. 

This could be another example of the Grizzlies FO attack on a unhappy player they were forced to get rid of or it could be true. 

43 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

but, may we be frank?

slim.

So you personally watched his workouts and know first hand he lacks work ethic?

How did he "put himself in this mess", by signing a contract any NBA player would sign?  By getting injured? By not playing a couple of games in the G-League, go ask Marc to play a couple down there, how about Conley with his injuries, why not have those guys play a couple games in the G-League?  Be honest, you think the Grizz will every ask one of those two to play a single game in the G-League, not a chance.

You guys can get pis5ed at him all you want, I'm not his mommie, never thought he would help us anyway but the fact that this FO has you guys all worked up over a couple of G-league games is a joke.  They've taken the spotlight off of the monumental failure of giving this guy 94mil and put it on the player, as if he is the one who held a gun to their heads and made them give up 94mil to a player that was know to be injured.

Wallace and his clan have you guys on a string, working you like puppets.  So continue to blast away at Parsons, continue to keep taking the bait.

5 hours ago, grizlsg said:

Yeah I agree, it's not like he would be taking someones rotation that we needed, find out if he can play.

I thought maybe they were working on some type trade and didn't want him reinjurying himself but then if they wanted him to play in the G league then that wouldn't make sense.

If the truth is know Wallace probably tried to get him to restructure his deal and he said no so Wallace is ******.  If I had bad wheels like Parsons I wouldn't restructure that deal either, there's no more big pay days down the road for him.

I don't know whether Parson's contract allows it to be renegotiated or not, but these are the rules governing that possibility.

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.

Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.

If the player agrees to waive a portion of his trade bonus in order to facilitate a trade (see question number 100), his contract may not be renegotiated for six months following the trade.

Every category of compensation (base salary, likely bonuses, and unlikely bonuses) that are increased in the renegotiated season must also increase in all subsequent seasons of the contract. Raises are based on the salary that is added to the first renegotiated season -- 8% of the amount that is added to the first renegotiated season becomes the maximum additional (renegotiated) salary in each subsequent season.

A renegotiated contract can be extended simultaneously (see question number 58). If a player's contract is extended and renegotiated simultaneously in this manner, his salary may not decrease by more than 40% from the last season before the extension (after it is renegotiated) to the first season of the extension. For example, if the salary in the last season of a contract is renegotiated to $10 million and the contract is simultaneously extended, the salary in the first season of the extension cannot be less than $6 million.

Other rules for renegotiations:

• A signing bonus cannot accompany a renegotiation unless the contract is extended simultaneously (see question number 58).
  • A renegotiation cannot lead to any season having an unlikely bonus greater than 15% of the player's regular salary for that season.
  • A rookie scale contract (see question number 47) cannot be renegotiated.
  • A contract cannot be renegotiated in conjunction with a trade.
  • Two-Way contracts (see question number 82) cannot be renegotiated.

7 minutes ago, Grizball said:

Maybe they knew he would never accept that offer in the first place. So it’s like we gave him options but he chose to stay away from the team. Another thing is I suspect Parsons was the one leaking the locker room fight to the media and now Wallace is making him pay for that.

That's just speculation, I haven't seen anything that says Parsons leaked anything and if they knew he would not take the G-League assignment then what's the point?  I'll tell you the point, it's to get the fan base angered at Parsons and off of the FO.  This FO has made some really terrible moves over the years and we all know those but this one is the worst, they had the warnings and ignored them.

Regardless if Parsons play 3 games in the G-League or 30 games in the G-League it would not change the fact that the FO gave a injury prone player 94mil dollars not knowing if he could even play again... guaranteed 94 mil...

I don’t think Parsons owes it to anybody. It takes two parties to agree upon to sign a contract. So there is no way he would or should take less. At the same time he is getting his money so stop complaining about not playing. Anyone would be thrilled to be in his position to get 94 million without playing much.

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Peter Edmiston just said on the radio that Chandler Parsons leaked the fight story between Temple and Casspi. 

This could be another example of the Grizzlies FO attack on a unhappy player they were forced to get rid of or it could be true. 

It could be true, don't know, it's not like that hasn't happen before, just different players... heck just about everything they report has been leaked to them.

2 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

It could be true, don't know, it's not like that hasn't happen before, just different players... heck just about everything they report has been leaked to them.

Parsons wasn't in the locker room at the time. Maybe Noah leaked it to Parsons however. 

7 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

That's just speculation, I haven't seen anything that says Parsons leaked anything and if they knew he would not take the G-League assignment then what's the point?  I'll tell you the point, it's to get the fan base angered at Parsons and off of the FO.  This FO has made some really terrible moves over the years and we all know those but this one is the worst, they had the warnings and ignored them.

Regardless if Parsons play 3 games in the G-League or 30 games in the G-League it would not change the fact that the FO gave a injury prone player 94mil dollars not knowing if he could even play again... guaranteed 94 mil...

Blaming Wallace or Pera is not going to change anything. At the end of the day Wallace is still the GM and Pera is still the owner. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Now it’s our FO’s turn to make the next move.

10 minutes ago, Grizball said:

I don’t think Parsons owes it to anybody. It takes two parties to agree upon to sign a contract. So there is no way he would or should take less. At the same time he is getting his money so stop complaining about not playing. Anyone would be thrilled to be in his position to get 94 million without playing much.

Well I would disagree that players would be thrilled to get payed without playing, these guys have been playing basketball all their lives, they love the game.  Personally I would rather you pay me 94 mil to play than to watch.