Thomas

Woj: Parsons to leave Grizzles indefinitely

Just hold off until he becomes a tradable expiring or let it run its course.  Please for the love of all that's lovely please don't stretch him.  He hasn't been contributing his whole contract si what's the point of rushing to get rid of him now? 

he Memphis Grizzlies tonight released the following statement from General Manager Chris Wallace:

“We met with Chandler and spoke with him and his representation numerous times during his rehab process, laying out a number of options to help integrate a healthy and effective Chandler back on to the floor.

In the last of these conversations, we presented Chandler clear options for him and his representatives to choose, which included a short three-home-game stint for the Memphis Hustle or rehab either in Memphis or in Los Angeles with the training team of his choice.

Chandler subsequently chose to continue his rehab in Los Angeles.

We will continue to monitor Chandler’s progress.”

So all of that talk by Chandler that he'd play for the Hustle if there were a definite plan is just B.S all along. Good riddance. JUST DONT BUY HIM OUT.

2 hours ago, cdp said:

Danm so that's how it ends huh? It sounds like he's healthy and they just don't want him around, can't blame em. Hope he works his way back to play one day...

I don't, unless it's to financially cripple one of our opponents.  Yes, I'm a bit bitter.

18 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

he Memphis Grizzlies tonight released the following statement from General Manager Chris Wallace:

“We met with Chandler and spoke with him and his representation numerous times during his rehab process, laying out a number of options to help integrate a healthy and effective Chandler back on to the floor.

In the last of these conversations, we presented Chandler clear options for him and his representatives to choose, which included a short three-home-game stint for the Memphis Hustle or rehab either in Memphis or in Los Angeles with the training team of his choice.

Chandler subsequently chose to continue his rehab in Los Angeles.

We will continue to monitor Chandler’s progress.”

So all of that talk by Chandler that he'd play for the Hustle if there were a definite plan is just B.S all along. Good riddance. JUST DONT BUY HIM OUT.

By this it appears that chandler was not told that he and the grizzlies are parting ways.

It sounds like to me that chandler choose one of the options the grizzlies offered to him to rehab in Los Angeles. None of this makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

I wonder how long it will take for his jersey to be discounted?

Its still selling for full price, and they probably have a lot of stock left

I think they should hang his jersey in the rafters of the FedEx Forum... right underneath a pigeon coop.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think they should hang his jersey in the rafters of the FedEx Forum... right underneath a pigeon coop.

Man that is hilarious

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

Is there any evidence that he's ever been healthy at all? He's been cleared multiple times before, plays 3-10 games, done for the season. 

I mean healthy enough to play sorry. He's been getting time in everything else except a game. So why not throw him out there?

And that Wallace statement sounds like bs, why would they offer to let him rehab in LA? Why allow him to be away from the team if they ever planned on letting him play again?

I think this is the grenade that causes the rest of the season to implode. Say what you will about Chandler but the team liked him. Now he has been shipped out. Who in their right mind would want to play for this second rate organization. 

5 minutes ago, cdp said:

I mean healthy enough to play sorry. He's been getting time in everything else except a game. So why not throw him out there?

And that Wallace statement sounds like bs, why would they offer to let him rehab in LA? Why allow him to be away from the team if they ever planned on letting him play again?

Time in the pool, time in the club, time at the golf course, time in the hot tub...

5 minutes ago, Lord Gordon said:

I think this is the grenade that causes the rest of the season to implode. Say what you will about Chandler but the team liked him. Now he has been shipped out. Who in their right mind would want to play for this second rate organization. 

Where'd you hear that?

19 minutes ago, Lord Gordon said:

14 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Where'd you hear that?

Marc Gasol

LOL

Marc hated his guts, they were blueing on the court almost everytime Parsons dragged his azzzz out there. Zbo got shafted because of Parsons and his contract

31 minutes ago, Lord Gordon said:

I see it as a neutral to positive effect. I guess you missed the video from about 3 weeks ago of Parsons limping around on the court. My guess is that the Grizzly players know that Parsons is toast. It is also my guess that there are doctors telling Parsons and the FO that if he wants to avoid walking with a limp for most of his remaining years that he should retire now.

I'm sure someone will correct me but the the reason that the FO opposes playing Parsons for a few games just to prove that he can't play is here from question #61:

There is one exception whereby a player can continue to receive his salary, but the salary is excluded from team salary. This is when a player suffers a career-ending injury or illness. The team must waive the player, and can apply for this salary exclusion following a waiting period. Only the player's team at the time the injury or illness was discovered (or reasonably should have been discovered) can apply for this salary exclusion.

The team can apply to have the player's salary excluded starting on the first anniversary of the player's last regular season or playoff game, and not before the one-year anniversary of the first regular season game for which the player was on the team's roster under his current contract. If the player played in fewer than 10 games in the last season in which he played, the team can apply on the one-year anniversary of the player's last regular season or playoff game, or 60 days after his last game in the current season, whichever is later.

The Grizzlies have gone the extra mile to get Parsons back to NBA form, but its over.

Either they put him away and work on a trade or waive and stretch his contract either this season or in the offseason. I think we will end up trading him before the deadline because waiving him would be the last resort and a total failure. This mess could last for a while, just look at Jokim situation with the Knicks. And the worst part is the timing of this happening during our losing streak.

Why stretch him out when teams needing to clear cap space will soon want to do business with us?  Sad as it is for Chandler and as much as I would have loved to have had a healthy, productive Chandler, keeping him on the shelf until the offseason seems to me to be the best use of this situation.  What am I missing here?  We've come this far!!  

3 hours ago, cdp said:

…  why would they offer to let him rehab in LA? Why allow him to be away from the team if they ever planned on letting him play again?

After Parsons spun those B.S. stories, you think the team wants him around? What we know now, the team has known for a long time; that Parsons is pathetic. 

Hope they are working on something, maybe getting a player with a longer contract. Gotta end this mess as soon as we can. We are going to be the second last team in the West very soon. And we could be in position to get the 8th pick which will be delivered to BOS. I am not hoping for a playoff berth nor do I want us to tank, we should use this season to figure out how far this team can go even with a healthy Mike & Marc. Try to be competitive and get as many wins as we can and build on the core of JJJ and Kyle. 

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

By this it appears that chandler was not told that he and the grizzlies are parting ways.

It sounds like to me that chandler choose one of the options the grizzlies offered to him to rehab in Los Angeles. None of this makes sense to me.

That’s how I read it as well. It’s like they gave him the option of staying in LA to work with his own medical team but then got mad when he chosed the option that they offered him. I think Wallace is lying. This is weird 

3 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

We prob are gonna buy him out and at this point who cares. 

I care. It matters a lot. The difference between trying to save money and not getting cap relief just to be done with it or keeping him around for the length of the contract to either trade him or get maximum cap relief is -  enormous. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, simply buying him out would be disastrous and would make it very difficult for me to continue to look forward with a positive outlook about where the team could be. So, I care. Many people care, and these decisions aren't trivial.

I hope we can find a working trade for him. 

Does anyone really know what is going on?  

Wallace is still trying to cover his tail because he is the one who made the terrible deal to begin with so I would not trust a word he had to say on the subject.

Parsons wants to play (just not in the G league) and he is definitly not going to give back money, none of us would.  

This comes down to one thing, Wallace made a terrible deal and the Grizz and we as the fans have been paying for it and will continue to do so for serveral more years.

Try and trade Parsons, even though I doubt anyone will deal, and above all can Wallace...