Kevin B Moses

Fire ME First. Then Fire Bickerstaff. Now.

16 minutes ago, Allen said:

What?

Larry Brown is old and a stickler for "playing the right way," which is what Gasol is and why our offense right now looks like a dead corpse walking. A bunch of careful passes, till the shot clock runs down and then a desperation iso with guys that have no athletic ability or the ability to beat their man off the dribble.  

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Larry Brown is old and a stickler for "playing the right way," which is what Gasol is and why our offense right now looks like a dead corpse walking. A bunch of careful passes, till the shot clock runs down and then a desperation iso with guys that have no athletic ability or the ability to beat their man off the dribble.  

You’ve been pro Gasol in every way imaginable for years but now you’re trying to go the other way and say the same things people have been telling you for years. Funny 

youre supposed to ride with Gasol til the wheels fall off 

13 minutes ago, Allen said:

You’ve been pro Gasol in every way imaginable for years but now you’re trying to go the other way and say the same things people have been telling you for years. Funny 

youre supposed to ride with Gasol til the wheels fall off 

Y'all misunderstand me. I am more about what I see on the court. Sometimes you guys are way too quick to want to make moves.

Right now I think it is the right thing to do. Gasol is a huge cloud over this team. I mean he wants to win, but I really think he is making it harder for our team to play offense and while he is technically still a good positional defender, the tradeoff is becoming not worth it.

I see him similar to Jimmy Butler right now.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Y'all misunderstand me. I am more about what I see on the court. Sometimes you guys are way too quick to want to make moves.

Right now I think it is the right thing to do. Gasol is a huge cloud over this team. I mean he wants to win, but I really think he is making it harder for our team to play offense and while he is technically still a good positional defender, the tradeoff is becoming not worth it.

I see him similar to Jimmy Butler right now.

The same Jimmy Butler that you wanted to trade Jaren for 3 weeks ago?

The thing is nothing has changed since the days that you were on Gasols balls. People have been saying we’re going to ride the core until the wheels fall off for years and here we are the wheels are off. Basically I just want you to admit that you were wrong and Gasol should have been traded at least two seasons ago. It would bring me great joy 

Bickerstaff issue is that he has completely catered/crafted  the team to Marc and Mike.     Problem is neither of those guys are elite enough to do that for.     JB knows better than to challenge Gasol so he lets him loaf and play while injured and do whatever his hearts desire.    JB crafted offense so Mike can be primary secondary and complimentary option.   

In order for this to work at all; those two had to be something they are not - elite scorer and aggressive consistent production.    This worked for as long as they pulled that off in the beginning of season.   BUT we all know Gasol ain't gonna keep that up and Conley would need to be atleast Kemba level scorer for us to maintain competitiveness.   In this shambled offense, Mike literally has to score and assist like Harden.   Problem is that Mike thinks that means more chucking instead of playmaking.    On top of that we don't have talented enough shooters to bail him out when he does decide to pass. 

Bottomline no coach will be successful if they are depending on Marc to provide points consistently in their offensive scheme.   If JB had any coaching acumen he would at least make Jaren 1b and Dillon 3rd option.    Mike Jaren and Dillon are the only guys that can put ball in hole, can create own shot and are fearless.    Run offense thru Kyle and let  Marc focus on rebounding, defense, spot up shooting, and pouting.   

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bickerstaff issue is that he has completely catered/crafted  the team to Marc and Mike.     Problem is neither of those guys are elite enough to do that for.     JB knows better than to challenge Gasol so he lets him loaf and play while injured and do whatever his hearts desire.    JB crafted offense so Mike can be primary secondary and complimentary option.   

In order for this to work at all; those two had to be something they are not - elite scorer and aggressive consistent production.    This worked for as long as they pulled that off in the beginning of season.   BUT we all know Gasol ain't gonna keep that up and Conley would need to be atleast Kemba level scorer for us to maintain competitiveness.   In this shambled offense, Mike literally has to score and assist like Harden.   Problem is that Mike thinks that means more chucking instead of playmaking.    On top of that we don't have talented enough shooters to bail him out when he does decide to pass. 

Bottomline no coach will be successful if they are depending on Marc to provide points consistently in their offensive scheme.   If JB had any coaching acumen he would at least make Jaren 1b and Dillon 3rd option.    Mike Jaren and Dillon are the only guys that can put ball in hole, can create own shot and are fearless.    Run offense thru Kyle and let  Marc focus on rebounding, defense, spot up shooting, and pouting.   

Completely agree. I’ve been saying this for a while 

28 minutes ago, Allen said:

The same Jimmy Butler that you wanted to trade Jaren for 3 weeks ago?

The thing is nothing has changed since the days that you were on Gasols balls. People have been saying we’re going to ride the core until the wheels fall off for years and here we are.  Basically I just want you to admit that you were wrong and Gasol should have been traded at least two seasons ago. It would bring me great joy 

You want me to admit that I was wrong about wanting to keep Gasol? I just you'll be waiting for that a long time, man.

You guys basically said the same thing about zbo, till he was gone, about tony, till he was gone. All I heard was that we need to give the keys to Mike and Marc. Now by some stretch of the imagination I feel Gasol SHOULD be traded, that this validates that y'all were right. About what? The fact that you wanted to blow the team up, or that we would never be able to get a superstar as long as we keep mike and marc on the team (yeah y'all were right about that one too).

Pretty soon (in fact it is already starting) Mike will be the problem. Basically, the same tired argument switches to the next scapegoat in the line once other other one is now gone: first tony gambles too much, then zbo is a black hole and we need to get rid of him, now marc is a cancer to the team, next mike's holding Jaren back.

Give me a break man. I look at what is happening on the floor. 

Also, you never ever will win a championship by blowing it up, like y'all wanted to do, over and over. 

It's similar to the revisionist history about Lionel Hollins (who all of y'all wanted gone) and now Hollins was the best coach we had. Give me a break. Very few people here were ride or die Hollins fans. And now that we are 3 more coaches in, Hollins wasn't so bad after all.

the Best coach to ME was mike Fratello . if Memphis sign him to a long term contract will -out there BS; Memphis would have been one of the best teams in the n.b.a for past the 10 years for some reason we have poor upper management

you cannot keep going threw coaches every 3/4 years it will not work

I,m getting very close to being done with the N.B,A they will not have one penny of mind 

On 1/6/2019 at 2:04 PM, BigHunkALove said:

man you're funny - change in title thread again

On 1/6/2019 at 2:12 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm clarifying my thoughts

Hey Kevin, change the title again

Leave it nice and simple:

FIRE BICKERSTAFF NOW is good enough and appropriate.

JB can't coach if he can't do better than this.

Fizdale got fired, aside from being a D, because the team kept losing and losing....and that was without Mike for pretty much the whole season.

What's JB's excuse?

Or more accurately....since we have Mike in there and playing quite reasonable, and a quality draft pick who has played generally quite reasonable, and we are still losing and losing, why should JB not also get fired?

Why fire Bickerstaff? Do you believe the Grizzlies front office will hire anyone better?

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Why fire Bickerstaff? Do you believe the Grizzlies front office will hire anyone better?

I know you're theology, but this guy cant coach and neither can that group of luds that call themselves assistants

Chip I know you follow soccer

Morinho got fired why?

Because MU was playing like crap, even with the great players they have.

Look at the results now, 4 wins out of 4

That's professional sports, if you lose and lose and lose, the coach gets fired

This ain't like Brett Brown having to put up with a garbage team for years, we have a reasonable team that should be better than this

25 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

JB can't coach if he can't do better than this.

Fizdale got fired, aside from being a D, because the team kept losing and losing....and that was without Mike for pretty much the whole season.

What's JB's excuse?

Or more accurately....since we have Mike in there and playing quite reasonable, and a quality draft pick who has played generally quite reasonable, and we are still losing and losing, why should JB not also get fired?

I was thinking about this the other day. If you go back to Wallace’s reasoning/logic/explanation for firing Fizdale, then JB should be gone as well. Unless there was another reason Fiz was canned...😏

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I was thinking about this the other day. If you go back to Wallace’s reasoning/logic/explanation for firing Fizdale, then JB should be gone as well. Unless there was another reason Fiz was canned...😏

This ain't like the Nets that lost like 9 in a row and the coach was on the hot seat, they lost a bunch of real close games.

We are getting smashed.

28 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Morinho got fired why?

MARC IS THE COACH!!!!

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

This ain't like the Nets that lost like 9 in a row and the coach was on the hot seat, they lost a bunch of real close games.

We are getting smashed.

down to 278 post and counting to hit that magic 10.000

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

This ain't like Brett Brown having to put up with a garbage team for years, we have a reasonable team that should be better than this

That’s debatable. We have an aging  Marc and Mike, a 19 year old rookie and a bunch of scrubs

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Morinho got fired why?

Morinho always gets fired after a couple of seasons. He gets hired, has a great first season, grinds on players and gets fired the next. You should know that but point taken with MU. 

How about the other times a coach is fired and the teams don’t improve? Fulham fired their manager this season and I haven’t seen them winning four straight in response.

I’m not saying JB deserves his job. I’m saying don’t expect this front office to hire anyone better.

12 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Can't really agree with you here brother.   Our roster is anti-good but JB still isn't maximizing what little he has.  However,  I wouldn't be calling for JB's job if he just simply did these 3 things

1. Start maximizing and featuring Jaren
  2. When we got Noah he should've sat Gasol to heal.   That was the entire reason we signed Noah yet JB refused.
  3. Show me you can develop an offense more than Mike N Marc 2man game
  4. Show me that you hold vets accountable; Mike Marc, Temple, JaM and Mack are allowed to stink up the court yet Jaren, Jevon, Rabb have no rope.  

FO didn't give JB really anything to work with but a solid coach would still know how to maximize what he has.   

I did it in all the time in college and bachelor days.   I couldve survived off just ramen noodles and hot dogs like the rest.  But i would enhance them with tomato sauce,   chili,  saurkraut,  onions, banana peppers, green peppers,  dijon mustard, Pesto,  Sauteed mushrooms etc.. Yea at the base it was still Ramen noodles and hotdogs but i maximized them! 

JB has taken these garbage ingredients and flavored it with toxic runoff.