Kevin B Moses

Fire ME First. Then Fire Bickerstaff. Now.

14 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Get him gone and find somebody now, if Marc doesn't like it send him packing too. 

man you're funny - change in title thread again

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm clarifying my thoughts

LOL

Now my first post in the thread is relevant again

Bickerstaff has lost this team. Why would you make a stupid point by leaving the reserves in the game: Was mike not playing hard or Kyle? 

It was a stupid move,

44 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Bickerstaff has lost this team. Why would you make a stupid point by leaving the reserves in the game: Was mike not playing hard or Kyle? 

It was a stupid move,

It didn't look too stupid when they cut the lead in half.

59 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It was a stupid move,

Mike wasn't going to get Jaren involved in the offense. Kyle probably didn't return because it would put even more attention on Gasol and Conley sitting on the bench.

11 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

It didn't look too stupid when they cut the lead in half.

It wasn't a dumb move to play them as long as he did, but to me that move reeks of: I don't know what the hell else to do. I don't think he ever thought that they could actually come all the way back, and you probably don't think that either: so the entire move was more about sending a message which reeks of desperation. 

42 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It wasn't a dumb move to play them as long as he did, but to me that move reeks of: I don't know what the hell else to do. I don't think he ever thought that they could actually come all the way back, and you probably don't think that either: so the entire move was more about sending a message which reeks of desperation. 

Maybe they couldn't come all the way back, but maybe JB's eyes were opened a little seeing the young guys contributing.  I can only hope that he puts a little more faith in Jaren, Dillon, and Jevon (not sure about Holiday yet, needs more time).

There were times tonight were JJJ could not post up Rudy, and Rudy, who isn't exactly known to be an elite defender, basically just kept working JJJ out farther and farther.  Once he catches the ball, he's hard to stop, but sometimes there are no passing angles. (Future games, watch teams now fronting JJJ)

I don't blame JJJ for this and I know he'll improve, and I don't blame guys for not forcing an entry pass that's likely to be stolen, but I really think Dave Joerger would have had some offensive sets and movements that could have helped other guys get easier passing lanes to JJJ.

I'm not sure what offensive sets or plays this team has to help create opportunities.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

There were times tonight were JJJ could not post up Rudy, and Rudy, who isn't exactly known to be an elite defender, basically just kept working JJJ out farther and farther.  Once he catches the ball, he's hard to stop, but sometimes there are no passing angles. (Future games, watch teams now fronting JJJ)

I don't blame JJJ for this and I know he'll improve, and I don't blame guys for not forcing an entry pass that's likely to be stolen, but I really think Dave Joerger would have had some offensive sets and movements that could have helped other guys get easier passing lanes to JJJ.

I'm not sure what offensive sets or plays this team has to help create opportunities.

Oh I’m sure

None at all

I believe a coach should be given3/4 years with help from upper management 

it will be insane to fire a coach after one year, no big  time coach would  want to come here

2 hours ago, lions said:

it will be insane to fire a coach after one year, no big  time coach would  want to come here

This. 

JB is not a good coach. but this scenario is already how we got stuck with him.

1 hour ago, SC Grizz said:

This. 

JB is not a good coach. but this scenario is already how we got stuck with him.

Basically. No coach worth anything wants to coach here and firing JB would make it worse. We’ve treated coaches like crap probably dating all the way back to Hubie.

Grizz are stuck in neutral in so many different ways

And Kevin b the thread title should be “fire Chris Wallace” He’s the one that hires the coaches 

I would hire Larry Brown though.

Load up on young talent and have Brown teach them how to play 

3 hours ago, lions said:

Any potential coach who doesn't have a job would jump at the chance to coach any team. If it is matter of trying to convince a "big time" head coach to come to the grizzlies over other teams (see: frank vogel), you might be right we are not going to win that battle, but I don't want a re-tread anyway. 

3 hours ago, Allen said:

Basically. No coach worth anything wants to coach here and firing JB would make it worse. We’ve treated coaches like crap probably dating all the way back to Hubie.

Grizz are stuck in neutral in so many different ways

And Kevin b the thread title should be “fire Chris Wallace” He’s the one that hires the coaches 

100 percent right 

30 minutes ago, lions said:

100 percent right 

This is a myth. Y'all have been saying this for years. While I don't think we could convince a guy like brad stevens to leave butler to come to Memphis, like boston did, we could get a up and coming assistant easily.

Cleveland and the knicks do the same thing and they won the finals and have been going through coaches.

The problem is, if the coach is not the right coach, he is not the right coach. Period.

I think nobody would blame us for firing JB this season... Fizdale, we got blowback on. He was doing good.. but losing 12 out of 15 and looking at our roster and upcoming schedule. Our next win may not be until January 25th. If the grizz lose 10 straight... we fire him.. we have no significant injuries to even blame the losing on. 

2 hours ago, Allen said:

I would hire Larry Brown though.

Load up on young talent and have Brown teach them how to play 

Larry Brown is 78 years old.  I think his coaching days are over.

Grizzlies are getting whatever they want on offense.

However You can't win when a guy plays 35 plus minutes and scores about 5 points a game like Temple does plus he sucks on defense too.

That's what  gets me angry the most if a guy struggling why play him?????

16 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Larry Brown is 78 years old.  I think his coaching days are over.

He’s coaching overseas right now and wanted to coach at U of Memphis 

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

He’s coaching overseas right now and wanted to coach at U of Memphis 

Why would we want another Marc Gasol? We already have too many of them as it is.  

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Why would we want another Marc Gasol? We already have too many of them as it is.  

What?