Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Brooklyn Nets - 1/4/2019

Toke bringing that SMOKE and I'm loving it. Honestly the only reason I haven't been in the "blow it up" camp this season is because I want us to pay our debts to Boston for the draft pick that our idiot front office traded for Jeff Green (Jeff freaking Green).

56 minutes ago, Acehigh718 said:

Toke bringing that SMOKE and I'm loving it. Honestly the only reason I haven't been in the "blow it up" camp this season is because I want us to pay our debts to Boston for the draft pick that our idiot front office traded for Jeff Green (Jeff freaking Green).

Me too but now Im starting to get scared that they will start back losing like last year. Surely they can go something like 15-29 for the rest of the year and win enough games to not be bottom 8...cant they? Maybe they can find another Marshon type that can tear up trash time in April.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Me too but now Im starting to get scared that they will start back losing like last year. Surely they can go something like 15-29 for the rest of the year...cant they? Maybe they can find another Marshon type that can tear up trash time in April.

Yeah, but how many wins did that result in last season?

1 hour ago, ranstay said:

Tough times don't last, tough people do!(LOL)

Whaddup ranstay?  Been a minute since I’ve ‘seen ‘ you out here !

Way to reach waaay back and hit me with my own tag !

😉

57 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yeah, but how many wins did that result in last season?

It won a couple I think. The Portland game at home was one. It made a small difference from what I remember, especially against the other bad teams. One or two wins might end up being what it takes to stay out the bottom 8.

10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

They had the AUDACITY to show Mike and Marc on the Jumbotron with the caption "come on Grizz fans . Vote early and often for Mike and Marc to represent Memphis in this year's all star game."

seriously. this is a thing. that happened.

THEY even looked embarrassed ... they KNOW that WE KNOW TOO... 

Jevon Carter , 13, and Slo-Mo are crowd favorites. 

Jevon got up and headed to the scorers table to check in and got a STANDING OVATION.

seriously - WE ALL recognize and appreciate EFFORT.

The lady next to me asked what happened...

All we really care about as Memphis is that YOU TRY YOUR HARDEST. Doesn't have to be pretty BUT it HAS to be REAL.

YOU.HAVE.TO.CARE.

A month ago I was watching Jevon in Southaven playing JUST AS HARD for the HUSTLE as he played tonight.

Never said this out loud (or in writing) but ... it looks like its time - 1 (or both) Mike / Marc has gotta go ...(ugh...feel bad for even typing that but... yeah... Mike is KILLING HIMSELF running into screen after screen on D and Marc is shooting fadeaway hook shots OUTSIDE of the paint with a point guard on him...)

Mike should be dealt to a team that needs a guard like him to get them over the hump. Marc needs - well ... ZBO back ... Zbo seems to be the Marc whisperer ... MacBo is gone ... soo...

Then we can get rid of the entire front office... the IT guy ,the security team AND Karen from Accounting - clear ALL OF THEM out.

HIRE a REAL FRONT OFFICE that has responsibilities and are HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

Get a SEASONED HARD NOSED COACH that can set a vision AND STICK TO IT.

Build around 13 -> seriously I can see him waiting for his time to become a free agent AND HE IS JUST A ROOKIE- not even through his first season...

Get whatever we can for Mike and Marc because let's be real - we are not winning anything with them anytime soon ... they have been here for how many years? And what have we won?

GET 13 built up - just run plays showcasing his abilities ... then occasionally sneak in a Mike / Marc two man hot potato ...

Keep Slo-Mo - love this guy - and I am not alone.

Jevon Carter - gets a seat at the table... he TOOK his seat. 

Might even keep Noah for his ... well . anyway - I like Noah.

you may find this hard to believe ... but -> MAKE MACK pay for his ticket and SIT BEHIND the cheapest seats if he wants to be in the building. I mean, in case you couldn't tell - I am a Mack ANTI FAN!

Bring Rabb and Yuta up ... and just straight up threaten Parsons- make him just leave.  What's it called when the team says ugh .just.go.stay.away.? Whatever you call it - that. use that.

I worked harder paying for a ticket, parking, popcorn AND a Mountain Dew WHILE wearing ALL GRIZZ EVERYTHING than the team on the floor.

Something's gotta give... 

and they tell us GRIT and GRIND 2.0 

wow

really?

so we're dumb now, hunh?

that is no more grit and grind than it is showtime... 

Signed,

- angry FAN that spends more than I can afford to support OUR team

is that a rant?

I ranted? 

*kicks myself off the soapbox while shaking my fist at clouds

You think that they were yelling for Carter or because Mack was coming out?

1 hour ago, VikingWarrior said:

Would be nice if holiday was ready to go 

Apparently he is.  He'll have no trouble learning the offense. 

1. Someone, not you, brings the ball upcourt and passes it to Marc. 

2. Ball goes around the perimeter; if you get it, give it back to Marc. 

3. There is no 3. 

17 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I had three empties next to me AND 7 more that said enough and left at halftime.

Told you - pm me when you want to be punished for being a fan again and I'd love to help you get your heart broken !

My phone died on the car ride over and the charger I brought didn't work. I had to go to 3 Walgreens to get a new one, but I did see jamychal green there so that was cool. 

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

Me too but now Im starting to get scared that they will start back losing like last year. Surely they can go something like 15-29 for the rest of the year and win enough games to not be bottom 8...cant they? Maybe they can find another Marshon type that can tear up trash time in April.

I'm starting to worry about that too.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

I have pulled all my expectations and hopes back to that reality.   Now all i want is to see Kyle + JJJ develop chemistry and make sure we give up that pick.   Oh and curious about Justin Holiday simply because he is new.  

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I have pulled all my expectations and hopes back to that reality.   Now all i want is to see Kyle + JJJ develop chemistry and make sure we give up that pick.   Oh and curious about Justin Holiday simply because he is new.  

This is a long season and we just saw a 1-5 team (colts) just go into the Texans house and win a wild card game. Everybody is dooming and glooming but the grizzlies, like any team, could turn it around.

This isn't about talent, it isn't about Xs and Os (well maybe). The grizzlies have enough of those, but it's about something clicking, chemistry, belief.

The grizzlies have enough talent to win. 

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is a long season and we just saw a 1-5 team (colts) just go into the Texans house and win a wild card game. Everybody is dooming and glooming but the grizzlies, like any team, could turn it around.

This isn't about talent, it isn't about Xs and Os (well maybe). The grizzlies have enough of those, but it's about something clicking, chemistry, belief.

The grizzlies have enough talent to win. 

I don't completely disagree with you.   We just don't have enough talent to overcome the lack of X's and Os.     This team needs more than just an average coach to be competitive enough to make playoffs in tough West.      We need strong coaching and chemistry to offset our lack of roster talent.  

I don't completely disagree with you.   We just don't have enough talent to overcome the lack of X's and Os.     This team needs more than just an average coach to be competitive enough to make playoffs in tough West.      We need strong coaching and chemistry to offset our lack of roster talent.  

This team would require a Popovich level coach to be a serious playoff threat.

The biggest thing I dislike about this team is that the grizzlies are starting 2 positional defenders (Temple and Marc) and sometimes kyle becomes a third even though he's better than that, and only 1 penetrator, Mike. 

That makes us old and slow and too predictable on offense. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I think it would require that to make it past the first round but i don't think they need that level to be the 8th seed.     Mike Marc Jaren Kyle, Jam Dilllon and Temple are more than capable of being a top 8 defense all season long.    All we need is just an average offensive scheme that involves more than just Mike and Marc to be a playoff team.     

JB's coaching has actively sabotaged wins.   If dude just closed the game with his starting lineup throughout the year i guarantee we would have won atleast half the games we lost.   

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

and to pull Marc into line, and to ditch that 2-man ball garbage they play

Imagine if they pulled that with Pop, who is all about passing until the one with the best look gets it and takes the shot - they'd be immediately chewed out and benched

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think it would require that to make it past the first round but i don't think they need that level to be the 8th seed.     Mike Marc Jaren Kyle, Jam Dilllon and Temple are more than capable of being a top 8 defense all season long.    All we need is just an average offensive scheme that involves more than just Mike and Marc to be a playoff team.     

JB's coaching has actively sabotaged wins.   If dude just closed the game with his starting lineup throughout the year i guarantee we would have won atleast half the games we lost.   

LOL,

I doubt that's the game plan, but I sympathise with your concerns LOL

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The biggest thing I dislike about this team is that the grizzlies are starting 2 positional defenders (Temple and Marc) and sometimes kyle becomes a third even though he's better than that, and only 1 penetrator, Mike. 

That makes us old and slow and too predictable on offense. 

Yep i have been saying we need another slasher in starting lineup forever to balance the attack.    Wish we could've gotten Jonathan Simmons.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

There are those guys out there. But like I said, the west is hard, but none of these teams, even the warriors, are world beaters or worlds better than Memphis.

Basketball is a subtle game. The difference in winning and losing is a matter if a few feet of spacing, better postion on rebounds, a better lineup configuration, anything. This team will have its day.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

C857FFCF-A0EC-4F44-965D-2FFC6701255D.jpeg