Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Brooklyn Nets - 1/4/2019

Demarre Carroll shoots 33% from 3 normally but he is 3 of 4.  

No way in Hades MEM sniffs the playoffs this season after starting 12-5.  Brooklyn just punking us with 11 3s so far and if they dont make the 3, we foul the 3pt shooter and he gets 3 from the line.   Its just sad. Frustrating and sad to watch.  

I dont think JB can fix this. Poor Mike is trying his heart out and his buddy Marc has just left him to do it alone. 

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What's he supposed to do?  Argue?  It was a good call.

Its his body language.  He looks as if "oh well, I ran over him, who cares."   He is supposed to act like he gives a rats arse and you know he isnt playing like he does.  But whatever

Mike is going to have to play the whole 4th quarter for MEM to even stay close and lose.  Then he will be worn out for tomorrow.  

6 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Demarre Carroll shoots 33% from 3 normally but he is 3 of 4.  

No way in Hades MEM sniffs the playoffs this season after starting 12-5.  Brooklyn just punking us with 11 3s so far and if they dont make the 3, we foul the 3pt shooter and he gets 3 from the line.   Its just sad. Frustrating and sad to watch.  

I dont think JB can fix this. Poor Mike is trying his heart out and his buddy Marc has just left him to do it alone. 

every team comes into Memphis thinking the basket is an ocean. it's more than just bad defense or having a good night. it's piling on to a rolling avalanche 

4 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Its his body language.  He looks as if "oh well, I ran over him, who cares."   He is supposed to act like he gives a rats arse and you know he isnt playing like he does.  But whatever

Some of you guys put way too much stock in what a player looks like.

First game that I wanna leave early... this.is.ridiculous.

no energy, bad substitutions. Mack is still on the team - I mean , can it get any worse?

ugh

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Some of you guys put way too much stock in what a player looks like.

I have watched Marc play his whole career here as Im sure you have as well and I think we can all tell that Marc is darned near sleepwalking through this.  Defend him if you like but he is not contributing 

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

every team comes into Memphis thinking the basket is an ocean. it's more than just bad defense or having a good night. it's piling on to a rolling avalanche 

Demarre's high game this year so far was 10 pts but tonight, he has 20.  Next game he will go back to being his normal mediocre self shooting 33% from 3, but tonight, he is an All Star.  

13 for 32 from 3 pt range for BKN.  MEM has 5 3 pointers.   Dont care who you are, not going to win many games when you have that kind of disparity.  So they better shooter more of them themselves or do a better job guarding the line cause this simply isnt working.  Same thing different game

2 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I have watched Marc play his whole career here as Im sure you have as well and I think we can all tell that Marc is darned near sleepwalking through this.  Defend him if you like but he is not contributing 

Can confirm. 

slaw. he’s not even pretending to care anymore. not just you- we see it too. 

This team is absolute garbage right now... but I really don't understand what happened.  I always felt like our place high in the standings was an illusion, but we were at least competitive... as of late we've looked like the worst team in the league.  

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Can confirm. 

slaw. he’s not even pretending to care anymore. not just you- we see it too. 

well tell smit-tay cause Im being too hard on widdle Marc.  Im being mean to him by calling him out for being disengaged.  You are there and you see it.  We all , except a few, see it on TV.  He is giving his team NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH and that wouldnt be so bad except the whole offense is built around Marc and Mike.  

3 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

well tell smit-tay cause Im being too hard on widdle Marc.  Im being mean to him by calling him out for being disengaged.  You are there and you see it.  We all , except a few, see it on TV.  He is giving his team NOTHING, NADA, ZIP, ZILCH and that wouldnt be so bad except the whole offense is built around Marc and Mike.  

I have pretty much given up on Marc but he was definetely more interested earlier this year. Its obvious.

I see the Grizzlies are getting out of position on defense allowing free runs to the basket. They have to sag off and stay in front of the defense, dammit man!

Marc didnt even think of shooting, Instead he wants to pass it to Kyle "I have the ugliest shot in the NBA" Anderson in the corner who promptly hit the side of the backboard with his 3 attempt.   Great job Marc finding the right guy there and dont even look at the basket.  

I think Marc wants out of this team so badly he is counting the days til the trade deadline. 

We are losing to a mediocre team on our home court.  I dont know if JB knows how to change things.  

I just don’t understand how we went from playing great defense to this absolute mess 😕 right now only players I don’t want to trade is Conley JJJ and Kyle

13 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

who the eff was temple guarding? getting backdoored like that. get that dude off the floor

Kevin B Moses, a technical foul on the bad use of the word backdoored. 

PUT EVERYONE ONE THE BLOCK EXCEPT JAREN MIKE AND KYLE

THEY ARE BAD