Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis vs Detroit - 1/2/2019

Memphis Grizzlies teammates Garrett Temple and Omri Casspi got into a physical altercation during a postgame meeting in the locker room on Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The incident occurred following a 101-94 home loss to the Detroit Pistons. It was Memphis' third consecutive defeat.

The scuffle was "heat-of-the-moment stuff," a source described to ESPN.

Following the game against the Pistons, the club held a lengthy meeting in a closed locker room. Coach J.B. Bickerstaff took more than 30 minutes to emerge and address the media.

It was even longer before the locker room was opened, and by then it was occupied only by team leaders Marc Gasol and Mike Conley.

"A conversation that needed to be had that will stay between those of us that were in that locker room,'' Bickerstaff said about the session.

Wednesday's loss was the 10th game that Memphis (18-19) has dropped in its past 13 contests.

The Athletic first reported the altercation between the two players.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

8 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

every franchise makes mistakes, some more than others

But you cant not make the string of mistakes in a row we have made and not feel consequences

Rudy + 1ST RND to get Leuer

Give another 1st rnd to get Green

Letting James Johnson walk for nothing - who now commands 4x what we got him for

Brandon Humpty Dumpty

Not trading Zach when you (Fizdale) knew you were going to get rid of him

Ditto for Tony Allen

Not trade Tyreke for some assets

Buying the biggest consumer ripoff of all time @ $94 MIL

I've probably left out a few - but look at the list - its enough to sink a franchise for a decade

Edit: ADD sacking the most successful coach we ever had, followed by one of the most underestimated coaches in terms of drawing up plays, simply because they are communicating to management that help is needed on the roster front.

Also...

Draft 2009: Hasheem Thabeet

2010: Xavier Henry

2011: no 1st rounder

2012: Tony Wroten

2013: no 1st rounder

2014: Jordan Adams

2015: Jarrel Martin

2016 Wade Baldwin

2017: no 1st rounder

Until 2018 with JJJ.

in 2019 the best case scenario is not have the pick... 

it's hard to be competitive for a small market like us if you do not get basically nothing in ten years of draft...

30 minutes ago, Myers said:

Also...

Draft 2009: Hasheem Thabeet

2010: Xavier Henry

2011: no 1st rounder

2012: Tony Wroten

2013: no 1st rounder

2014: Jordan Adams

2015: Jarrel Martin

2016 Wade Baldwin

2017: no 1st rounder

Until 2018 with JJJ.

in 2019 the best case scenario is not have the pick... 

it's hard to be competitive for a small market like us if you do not get basically nothing in ten years of draft...

With that draft record and the Parsons signing how in the world is Wallace still here?

7 hours ago, grizlsg said:

Maybe they called each other out for sucking... Casspi only played for 4 minutes so he only sucked for 4 minutes... Temple played 37 and pretty much sucked for all of them...

😂

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Remember that the last time we had a fist fight in the locker room we upset the number one seeded San Antonio Spurs.

Way to look positively on this. 

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Way to look positively on this. 

I remember when Tony Allen got into a skirmish with I think OJ Mayo on team plane flight.    That resulted in a no-card games on the plane policy.     😁        I don't know if it translated into more wins or not.

23 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Chancun wants it his own way

He won't play G-league to find out how he goes, but lies to the media saying he wants to

What have they got to lose, it sure looked like they needed someone against the Pistons. You gonna cut your nose off to spite your face? He can sit there and draw his money so why not play him?

If you're a sub and you have good 1st half it appears that means you don't get on the floor in the 2nd half. They did it to Casspi twice and they did it to Selden last night. It's crazy.

If don't know if they could pick DD back up but I would if I could, he really didn't get a chance and I don't know if Rabb will be better than him because he is 2 years older. I don't know what has happened to the defense the Grizz is playing it isn't like what they were doing when they were winning.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

What have they got to lose, it sure looked like they needed someone against the Pistons. You gonna cut your nose off to spite your face? He can sit there and draw his money so why not play him?

1. Because if he gets injured it stuffs up the whole game plan and flow

2. Bad attitude and behaviour should not be rewarded, it sends a bad message throughout the team.

but I get what you're saying - from the bench

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If you're a sub and you have good 1st half it appears that means you don't get on the floor in the 2nd half. They did it to Casspi twice and they did it to Selden last night. It's crazy.

Been happening for a while now, and the media on GBB have been questioning JB about it - but his answers don't match what is happening on the court at that time