chipc3

Free Ivan Rabb

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

You know I have never had a big love for coaches. They are all over-rated. Coaches get too much credit and too much blame. Smart coaches don't win with bad teams. dumb coaches don't lose with good teams. Focus on the roster development and the coaching tends to take care of itself. Very few, but there are some, coaches make a difference in the outcome. 

pat riley 

7 minutes ago, lions said:

one problem I see with rabb his is size I feel he is to thin. unless he can get some size and strength he will always be a role player

Maybe he is wiry strong like Dennis Rodman.  Rabb is great on the boards.  He probably can't guard Embiid but then neither can Jaren (I think I heard that Embiid smoked JV, too).

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

You know I have never had a big love for coaches. They are all over-rated. Coaches get too much credit and too much blame. Smart coaches don't win with bad teams. dumb coaches don't lose with good teams. Focus on the roster development and the coaching tends to take care of itself. Very few, but there are some, coaches make a difference in the outcome. 

i tend to agree and these coaches that can do it are much rarer  than people want to admit when trying to find a new one .  

33 minutes ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i tend to agree and these coaches that can do it are much rarer  than people want to admit when trying to find a new one .  

But there are coaches who can ruin things and make things much worse too. Guys like Byron Scott make you worse. Hollins was never that bad but he certainly had qualities that were bad and they were the reason he did so awful in Brooklyn in addition to the talent level.

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

But there are coaches who can ruin things and make things much worse too. Guys like Byron Scott make you worse. Hollins was never that bad but he certainly had qualities that were bad and they were the reason he did so awful in Brooklyn in addition to the talent level.

Lh was middle of the pack to me ,  closer to a great coach than an awful one like Scott

Hubie was a great coach.  Just for nostalgia's sake, I went on YouTube last night and watched the 4th quarter to the end of the 2003-04 Grizzlies game against the Atlanta Hawks.  The one in Atlanta where Posey had a great game and we won in double overtime.

Hubie used to drill it into his teams to win the last 2 minutes or so of every quarter.  That alone was good for a few wins.  If you notice when we are losing, the end of quarters is where the game tends to get away from us.

4 hours ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

I think Rabb is **** strong with good post positioning and moves. He can even dribble to get space and he plays well with Jayson(Jaron Jackson). He’s been feasting lately so I would like to see if he continues to improve.

I,m watching the spurs game now he has two quick fouls that because he is not strong enough now to handle the big boys he has no  size 

7 minutes ago, lions said:

I,m watching the spurs game now he has two quick fouls that because he is not strong enough now to handle the big boys he has no  size 

At least on his second foul if he went straight up he wouldn’t have gotten called, like Brevin pointed out. He like Jaron will get better avoiding stupid fouls.

3 hours ago, MickyFrickyGrizzyFan said:

At least on his second foul if he went straight up he wouldn’t have gotten called, like Brevin pointed out. He like Jaron will get better avoiding stupid fouls.

I hope rabb becomes a breast  Jaron will becomes the next Anthony Davis he has Great size and a good touch around the rim 

19 minutes ago, lions said:

I hope rabb becomes a breast  Jaron will becomes the next Anthony Davis he has Great size and a good touch around the rim 

Are you hoping chicken or woman?

52 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Are you hoping chicken or woman?

ded

for real ... just choked.

🤣

send some hep !!!

7 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The Clippers were playing Reggie Evans at backup c and a raw DeAndre Jordan, no reason to even play a backup C. 

I think the Brooklyn stint exposed him for what he is.

You might want to look at the roster he had to work with.  Not saying Hollins is some great coach or anything, but Greg Popovich wasn't going to win with that roster.  Brook Lopez and Thad Young were about the only thing he had to work with.

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

You might want to look at the roster he had to work with.  Not saying Hollins is some great coach or anything, but Greg Popovich wasn't going to win with that roster.  Brook Lopez and Thad Young were about the only thing he had to work with.

So a coach can't out-coach a bad roster. Shocking.