chipc3

Free Ivan Rabb

I’m not sure why people are down on a player for being able to be a solid 8-10th man. We need a starting five incl the stars but to win in the NBA we also need a solid bench within salary cap... Rabb looks like he could be very serviceable as part of 4 man big rotation. 

We should start Rabb. Lanky but long and can rebound. Not the best : point shooter or McHale in the post but he can hit a mid range face up jumper. That means he's a 4.

Jaren is a better rim protector and shot blocker plus better at the extremes on offense (3's and at the rim).  Jaren is probably a better dunker too.

Find schemes and a system that uses BOTH bigs (with Bruno at the 3).  Those 3 look like our top young guys.  Probably 3 keepers to build around.  That needs to be our front line the rest of the way with Kyle/Holiday/Jevon backcourt rotations.  

Unless we can get Zion we probably won't draft a big -- so we need to see what a Jaren/Rabb combo can do.  Jaren might have Tier 1 potential with Rabb maybe having Tier 2 or Tier 2a potential or Tier 1a rebounding potential.  

You know what?

Trade Mike/Marc/Jaren/Dillon/Washburn/future 2nd rounders for AD and Jru Holiday.  Draft either Zion or Bol Bol.  Build the perimeter rotation around Bruno and the Holiday Express.  Rabb and Noah fill out our big man rotation.  If neither Zion or Bol Bol are there go Best Wing Available.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

You know what?

Trade Mike/Marc/Jaren/Dillon/Washburn/future 2nd rounders for AD and Jru Holiday.  Draft either Zion or Bol Bol.  Build the perimeter rotation around Bruno and the Holiday Express.  Rabb and Noah fill out our big man rotation.  If neither Zion or Bol Bol are there go Best Wing Available.

AD's father would be sick.  If he don't want him in Boston he certainly wouldn't want him here.  AD is looking for the bright lights of LA or NY when he hits f/A.

Bump. Just wanted to remind everyoenI started this thread a while back. 😉

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Bump. Just wanted to remind everyoenI started this thread a while back. 😉

I was repping Rabb way before you even thought about him. Try when we drafted him. 

15 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I was repping Rabb way before you even thought about him. Try when we drafted him. 

i remeber you being high on him before he even declared ! i think it was him anyways that decided to stay after getting some hype  . i liked him and  Kristaps when they could have 1st declared but didnt see what other saw , both looked better the 1st year they could have come out and i didnt see tons of improvement from either 😂😂  

IMHO Rabb is proof that people need to understand that fit and opportunity are just as important as talent when it comes to the NBA.   

Rabb was being deemed a scrub because he couldn't crack rotation when really he was victim of circumstance.   Circumstance being that JB preferred playing mediocre Vets instead.  Basically victim of a coach that doesn't understand his roster AKA bad coach.  

Everything he is doing he already showed he could do.    

I wouldn't be surprised if the MIN game didn't happen that he would've been one of the players dealt.   Coaches greatly affect the careers of young players especially ones that aren't lottery picks.    

Always remember the CORE4 doesn't happen if Xavier Henry doesn't get hurt because Lionel only played Tony due to injury. 

3 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I dont see more than a role player in Ivan. 

NBA role player is a high bar for Grizz draft picks.   That would be a win. 

19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

NBA role player is a high bar for Grizz draft picks.   That would be a win. 

Second round draft picks that become NBA role players are rare indeed. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

IMHO Rabb is proof that people need to understand that fit and opportunity are just as important as talent when it comes to the NBA.   

Rabb was being deemed a scrub because he couldn't crack rotation when really he was victim of circumstance.   Circumstance being that JB preferred playing mediocre Vets instead.  Basically victim of a coach that doesn't understand his roster AKA bad coach.  

Everything he is doing he already showed he could do.    

I wouldn't be surprised if the MIN game didn't happen that he would've been one of the players dealt.   Coaches greatly affect the careers of young players especially ones that aren't lottery picks.    

Always remember the CORE4 doesn't happen if Xavier Henry doesn't get hurt because Lionel only played Tony due to injury. 

How does this support your point?  Tony was a veteran, Xavier a rookie.  Was Lionel's love of playing rookies getting in the way of TA's career?  Anyway it really wasn't Xavier getting hurt anyway because Sam Young took Xavier's spot.  Tony got burn when Rudy got hurt, Sam moved to SF, and TA took Sam's spot at SG.  We had some new faces, TA being one of them.  You can't expect a coach to know who fits best after one game.

Always trying to act like Hollins didn't know rotations or how to use players or wouldn't play young guys when none of those assumptions can be supported with evidence.  Most folks on these boards were PO'd that he didn't start OJ Mayo, but looking back now Lionel's choice has been vindicated.

lot's of coaches use the start to test out lineups  i mean how are you gonna know the best lineups in the payoffs if you didnt work all season figuring them out .

Rabb is a post player with a Strech 4 body .

He has two choices in my opinion either he bulks up 10 to 15 pounds .

Or he starts shooting 3s.

29 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Rabb is a post player with a Strech 4 body .

He has two choices in my opinion either he bulks up 10 to 15 pounds .

Or he starts shooting 3s.

Maybe a little of both.;)  I think Rabb's offense is alright, it's his defense I would like to see him make some improvement in.  He makes some nice passes, plays smart.  I hop we'll have him around for a while.

6 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

How does this support your point?  Tony was a veteran, Xavier a rookie.  Was Lionel's love of playing rookies getting in the way of TA's career?  Anyway it really wasn't Xavier getting hurt anyway because Sam Young took Xavier's spot.  Tony got burn when Rudy got hurt, Sam moved to SF, and TA took Sam's spot at SG.  We had some new faces, TA being one of them.  You can't expect a coach to know who fits best after one game.

Always trying to act like Hollins didn't know rotations or how to use players or wouldn't play young guys when none of those assumptions can be supported with evidence.  Most folks on these boards were PO'd that he didn't start OJ Mayo, but looking back now Lionel's choice has been vindicated.

Well because TA said it.  You should listen to Chris Vernon show.  He has Tony Tuesday's and they discussed that very subject several times.  If im wrong then Tony lying.  

17 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Well because TA said it.  You should listen to Chris Vernon show.  He has Tony Tuesday's and they discussed that very subject several times.  If im wrong then Tony lying.  

Maybe so, but you confused me by mentioning JB playing mediocre vets ahead of Rabb and switching to TA, Xavier and Hollins.  Seems like totally different circumstances to me.  Xavier was a rookie no. 12 pick that was expected to get playing time.  TA was a low dollar FA acquisition who was not known for being productive but had played some good defense on Kobe in the playoffs.  I can't blame Hollins for taking a couple of months to figure out what he had.

On the other hand, Rabb was a second round pick who had not done much yet either, plus he had the guy who started at PF for us the last time we went to the playoffs as well as the no. 4 overall pick ahead of him.  I'm not going to be too mad at JB for how he started the season with his depth chart.  What I am disappointed about with JB is that once JaMychal went down with his broken jaw he didn't give Ivan a shot.

21 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

In games where Ivan gets over 20 minutes he averages almost 14 points and 9 rebounds.

Ivan looks good out there.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Do you know that TA was on the All Defensive Team 6 out the 7 years he played for the Grizz? 3 1st and 3 2nd. He was hurt the year he didn't make it.

13 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Do you know that TA was on the All Defensive Team 6 out the 7 years he played for the Grizz? 3 1st and 3 2nd. He was hurt the year he didn't make it.

Yep, but a lot of folks around here just don't seem to care about defense.