chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets -12/31/18

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Monday, December 31, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Houston Rockets

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Garrett Temple Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Marc Gasol
201144.png 202066.png 203937.png 1628991.png 201188.png

Rockets Starting 5

James Hardin Eric Gordon Daniel House P J Tucker Clint Capella
201935.png 201569.png 1627863.png 200782.png 203991.png

Benches

Grizzlies: Shelvin Mack, Jevon Carter, Wayne Seldon, Dillon Brooks, JaMychal Green, Omar Casspi, Chandler Parsons, Ivan Rabb, DJ Stephens, Marshon Brooks, Yuta Watanabe, Joachim Noah

Houston: Michael Carter-Williams,  Marquese Chris, Gary Clark, Vincent Edwards, James Ennis III, Gerald Green, Isaiah Hartenstein, Brandon Knight, Nene, Chris Paul 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Rockets: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

after Houston last win on xmas I bet our grizzlies fans wish the grizzlies sign AUSTIN RIVERS

RIVERS 10pts 2-3 from the 3pt line and that's the first game with the rockets, wait until he has weeks of PRACTICE   chris Wallace screw up again

On 12/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, lions said:

after Houston last win on xmas I bet our grizzlies fans wish the grizzlies sign AUSTIN RIVERS

He also defends pretty well. I'm not sure why we didn't do it to be honest. He has the size to play the 1 or the 2. Most importantly he can score of the bench. He'd certainly be better than Marshon or Wayne. He'd really just be the replacement for Marshon. 

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

He also defends pretty well. I'm not sure why we didn't do it to be honest. He has the size to play the 1 or the 2. Most importantly he can score of the bench. He'd certainly be better than Marshon or Wayne. He'd really just be the replacement for Marshon. 

most likely its a money thing

8 minutes ago, lions said:

most likely its a money thing

The Grizzlies may have wanted to sign him (hence the rumor) but Rivers didn't want to sign with Memphis. 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies may have wanted to sign him (hence the rumor) but Rivers didn't want to sign with Memphis. 

thanks for the info, it pays to have important grizzlies people to give you that infor

6 minutes ago, lions said:

thanks for the info, it pays to have important grizzlies people to give you that infor

No inside info there. Just a feeling I got from talking to people who should know. 

This one means a lot to me, I hate the Rockets more than the Griffin/Faul Clippers if thats possible

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

This one means a lot to me, I hate the Rockets more than the Griffin/Faul Clippers if thats possible

yep - definitely possible. Scoot on over ... make some room for me ! HATE and HATE HARD! 

we don't really have any rivals I guess ... but I sure do have my I HATE THIS GUY and THAT GUY'S GUTS - they are usually Flopper related... CPwee , Flake Griffin, not Deandre - he's cool .

Hate Rivers - BOTH of the Father AND Son and the ... hahaaaa!

Hating on James Harden right now in anticipation of some of the (starts with an F though)-boy stuff he's guaranteed to pull .

(am I gonna have to warn myself for kinda cussin' a lil bit?) 🤔

Totally not related to anything in this thread But ... anybody know what happened to JR? How about TA? Where's Mac-Bo? Also Oladipo was burning it up last season ... he flamed out this year or..?

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The rumors were we weren't interested, not him. The pay wasn't the issue as Houston is over the luxury line so they only could offer a minimum contract, the same we could offer.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/2018/12/18/memphis-grizzlies-expected-sign-austin-rivers-suns-trade/2352066002/

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

4 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

The rumors were we weren't interested, not him. The pay wasn't the issue as Houston is over the luxury line so they only could offer a minimum contract, the same we could offer. 

ok... this is kinda important ...

Did we shoulder shrug him ?

OR 

Did he hit us with a shoulder shrug?

Enquiring minds want to know. 

or me ... just me . I mean I kinda would like too know.

53 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

yep - definitely possible. Scoot on over ... make some room for me ! HATE and HATE HARD! 

we don't really have any rivals I guess ... but I sure do have my I HATE THIS GUY and THAT GUY'S GUTS - they are usually Flopper related... CPwee , Flake Griffin, not Deandre - he's cool .

Hate Rivers - BOTH of the Father AND Son and the ... hahaaaa!

Hating on James Harden right now in anticipation of some of the (starts with an F though)-boy stuff he's guaranteed to pull .

(am I gonna have to warn myself for kinda cussin' a lil bit?) 🤔

Totally not related to anything in this thread But ... anybody know what happened to JR? How about TA? Where's Mac-Bo? Also Oladipo was burning it up last season ... he flamed out this year or..?

agreed wirh all

I heard Pete say during the Kings game in SAC, that Zbo was there but not suited up.

Haven't heard anthying about the others

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

agreed wirh all

I heard Pete say during the Kings game in SAC, that Zbo was there but not suited up.

JR Smith was told to stay away from the team and will probably be bought out at some point.

TA is all but retired. If nobody picked him up last season after being waived I don’t think he’ll have many suitors this season.

Oladipo was injured for a month and his stats are a bit down from last season but he’s still scoring 20 per.

17 hours ago, chipc3 said:

That's what I was thinking. I didn't want him on the Grizzlies anyway.

11 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

agreed wirh all

I would much rather have Zbo as a mentor for Jaren then Noah. Imagine the mentoring from both Gasol and Zbo.

3 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

I would much rather have Zbo as a mentor for Jaren then Noah. Imagine the mentoring from both Gasol and Zbo.

Have to disagree with you here.   Jaren ultimately will be a Center and having 2 former DPOY multiple AllStars that play same position is better than Zbo.  Keep in mind if he was some great mwntor wouldnt he be doin that alreasy in SAC with Bagley, who will play same position?  Instead the coach that actually knows him better than JB (Joerger) instead told him to stay away from team.   

Mentor wise Jaren already in good hands with his ex NBA father and his old teammates.  

Guys like Rabb need more mentorship than Jaren.  

On 12/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, chipc3 said:

Maybe it was because of the fiasco over the trade but the Suns didn't cut Rivers loose when it became known that the Grizz wanted him and then CP got hurt  and Rivers decided he wanted to go to Houston. I'm wondering what Houston will do with Rivers when CP comes back. I would have traded DB and WS if the Grizz could have wound up with Rivers and Oubre.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, Blue Bear said:

Me too, Z knew the moves to get open around the goal. But not at 14-15 a year.

Clicked on the preview link and noticed that Carmelo is still listed on the Rockets roster.  I guess it takes more than 45 days to update a website.  Hopefully the Rockets play as slow so the Grizzlies can GaG a NYE W. 

3 minutes ago, Gman1 said:

Clicked on the preview link and noticed that Carmelo is still listed on the Rockets roster.  I guess it takes more than 45 days to update a website.  Hopefully the Rockets play as slow so the Grizzlies can GaG a NYE W. 

I think Carmelo is technically still with them, but I could be wrong.