chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Boston Celtics - 12/29/18

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Saturday, December 29, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Boston Celtics

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Garrett Temple Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Marc Gasol
201144.png 202066.png 203937.png 1628991.png 201188.png

Celtics Starting 5

Kyrie Irving Marcus Smart Jason Tatum Marcus Morris Al Horford
202681.png 203935.png 1628369.png 202694.png 201143.png

Benches

Grizzlies: Shelvin Mack, Jevon Carter, Wayne Seldon, Dillon Brooks, JaMychal Green, Omar Casspi, Chandler Parsons, Ivan Rabb, DJ Stephens, Marshon Brooks, Yuta Watanabe, Joachim Noah

Boston: Aron Baynes, Jabari Bird, Jaylon Brown, PJ Dozier, Gordon Hayward,  Semi Ojeleye. Terry Rozier, Daniel Theis, Brad Wanamaker. Robert Williams III, Guerschon Yabusele, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Celtics: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

It should be a low scoring affair, Boston doesn't score well, we don't score well. It should be fun. JJJ should have a huge advantage over any of their PFs, Kyle should do a good job on Tatum. I bet Temple will guard Kyrie, so that is a match-up to watch. Jevon might get a little run to try and pester Kyrie as well. 

Let's see...

Kyrie (Big Name)

playing in Memphis -

on a SATURDAY night ...

Imma go out on a limb here and predict a huge crowd... prolly wearing Kyrie gear too BUT I can't hate . ( I mean , I CAN hate but Im saving it for later in this thread)

I like good basketball and he plays pretty good basketball sooo- yeah ... gonna be fun .

STILL gonna hate and pretend like Im not impressed with some of the smoothest handles in the league... cat quick first steps and all that...

Imma sit there and cheer - a little bit - on the inside- while openly hating on him as often as possible. 

DEFINITELY gonna mention that he plays ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE as often as possible too.

Also, I want to see who our tuff guy is ... gonna need to balance out Marcus Smart 

Almost forgot about Tatum - he was getting it in last year with Kyrie and Hayward out BUT seems to be having a little trouble figuring out how to play with those guys now that they are back...

Never really watched Hayward so I can't say if he's back or what... BUT the fact that he is back on the court after we all saw what happened to him at the beginning of last season... says a lot to me

Dillion Brooks looks like he is facing the same challenge. (not the gruesome injury - just the learning to mesh his game with the established team leaders now that they have returned).

Game 2 of a 3 game road trip sandwiched between Houston and San Antonio.  Not sure we can count on the Celtics overlooking the Grizzlies but maybe a few too many ribs in the off day will help make their play sluggish. 

On 12/28/2018 at 4:12 AM, MemphisX said:

Big game from the kid in this game...29/8 with 5 blocks and 5 3s.

I hope so, make it a W and lets go win the next one too and pass Rockets

The next 2 games are going to show everyone just where the Grizz are currently at. A split wouldn't be bad but losing both won't be good. The Grizz didn't look good in either of the last 2 games to me even though they did beat the Lakers. I think they should match up pretty good with the Celtics.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:29 PM, Subliminal said:

Trap game

Celtics are 20-14 but they'e faced much easier opponents. Trap for both teams? 

I just started the Carolina hurricanes fan board almost throw out with my remarks about how bad the teams is doing I want to. thank the Memphis  grizzlies fan board to allow our fans to let out our FRUSTRATION

Here's a few tidbits from the ESPN preview of the game, the second is an interesting statement:

When the Celtics have scored more than 100 points, they've won 12 of the last 14 meetings. When they've been held to 100 or fewer, the Grizzlies have prevailed in seven of the last nine games.

....it'll be Conley vs. Irving in a point guard matchup that might be seen again at the NBA All-Star Game in February, but because of circumstances, hasn't been seen in an NBA regular-season game in nearly four years -- March 2015.

1 hour ago, TimBC said:

Celtics are 20-14 but they'e faced much easier opponents. Trap for both teams? 

For them 😼

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Here's a few tidbits from the ESPN preview of the game, the second is an interesting statement:

When the Celtics have scored more than 100 points, they've won 12 of the last 14 meetings. When they've been held to 100 or fewer, the Grizzlies have prevailed in seven of the last nine games.

....it'll be Conley vs. Irving in a point guard matchup that might be seen again at the NBA All-Star Game in February, but because of circumstances, hasn't been seen in an NBA regular-season game in nearly four years -- March 2015.

Should have All Stars recognized, but no game.   Too much risk for injury.  

Kyle has been a great addition, he's off to a good start.

Need to control the boards better and close out on their perimeter shooters better/quicker

two bad calls there, the Selden big push in the back, he should have been at the line, and that O basket interference.

Man, if that was Jaren, he'd be fouled out now - no justice at all