Sign in to follow this  
bobblybook1

Gasol and Conley

Gasol talks a good game and puts his smiley face on but personally I see him moving on maybe even for the MLE to a team like Boston.

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Gasol talks a good game and puts his smiley face on but personally I see him moving on maybe even for the MLE to a team like Boston.

He’s not opting out of 25 million to sign for the mle 

48 minutes ago, Allen said:

Correct.  There aren't a lot of options outside of LA.

An extremely quick and unscientific review of teams with cap space for next year and also need a center really limits what is available.

Threats: Lakers (not sure Fizdale hasn't poisoned LBJ on Gasol though, and Lakers are looking for bigger catches)

I feel like every other team either doesn't need a center (Sixers, Jazz), don't have cap space (Nuggets, Raptors, Spurs, Celtics) or just aren't a better option for a team (Clippers & Pacers), or are just worse options.

I am on record that I hope he is a life long Grizzzzz. takes his big paycheck next year and signs for a MLE or something to stay with us the year after and finish out a grizz for life. 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

True. Maybe the year after next then. 

Marc Gasol can be a free agent at the end of this year. Do you want him to retire a Grizzly? Are you confident he’ll stay? Robert Pera: I can’t read his mind but if it were up to me I certainly want him to retire as a Grizzly.

1 day ago  via Daily Memphian

I agree. If he's nice, he won't pick up the option and will sign a 3 yr at MLE (not sure what that number is) or ~$12M per. I'd prefer 2 years but wouldn't make sense for him. I'd definitely love to see him retire here. He and ZBo are the 2 jerseys I currently own (gotta get a JJJ real quick). 

If we could afford to use him more as a defensive anchor and ACTUALLY HAD SOME OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKING ON THE ROSTER then he would look better. He and JJJ together have been a nightmare for opposing scorers in the paint, or at least that's what my eyes tell me. 

He's playing too many minutes for his old as$ body so far this year, and it's hurting his offense.