Holidayinn21

Jaren's 4th Quarter Stats this season

24/46 from the Field(51%)

7/14 from 3(50%)

23-27 from the Line(85%)

He's fourth in points, despite being 6th in minutes, and 5th in FGA's

S/N: Mike is shooting 38% while taking the 2nd most shots-in the entire league. This is not a good look.

And some of ya so-called Grizz fans looking  tojustify not playing the kid during crunch time.

7 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

9/27 from the Field(33%)

And the next 3 he hits in the 4th this season will be his first. He's 0-7.

🤔 

38 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

7/14 from 3(50%)

23-27 from the Line(85%)

S/N: Mike is shooting 38% while taking the 2nd most shots-in the entire league. This is not a good look.

And some of ya so-called Grizz fans looking  tojustify not playing the kid during crunch time.

Wowsers...eye opening.

I agree. Not sure why we don't see more of JJJ PERIOD. I feel like, with the way JB is staggering rotations, that there should never be a time when neither JJJ or Gasol are on the floor. These lineups with JaM and Noah are scary bad on offense. JJJ feasts against bench units, and could be our 2nd best offensive player on the team right now (sadly). 

Looks like he is 5th on the squad in MPG at 25.3. Not sure why he can't give Gasol some rest from his rediculous 34.7 MPG. 

Side note: why the hell can't i upload a screenshot? who the heck sets the max size of an attachment to 110kb??? I can't even have a pic of an emoji be that small. 

This is about more than development. JJJ is clearly our third best player and probaly the 2nd best shot creator right now. His minutes should only be reduced when he is in foul trouble and he should be featured in the offense when he is out there.

I look at it a different way of course. I just think the Grizzlies are in a great place. They are not going to win every game and they may not even win even majority of the games.

the reason the Grizzlies are winning is because they're leaning so much on veteran and older players.

However that's only going to take you so far. Especially when you don't have a lot of offensive Talent.

The future of this team depends on jeran Jevon and Dillon Brooks.

What worries me is that we really do need to be trying to build around those three guys and Mike and Marc and Kyle Anderson.

Is JB Bickerstaff the guy for the job, I don't know because he's more interested in winning games and hoping the young guys just progress. 

I really don't know what I want out of everything but I do think that the grizzly should not box jeren in to a zbo role.

I think the Grizzlies do need to overhaul their offense a little bit because it's way too predictable, but I absolutely have no idea how to do it.

Missing out on the playoffs AND not getting our pick (finishing in the 9-12 range) would be a disaster.  Especially the high expectations buzz around the Tiger High program going into next season.

MUST make the playoffs this year.  Some teams have already gotten a jump start on the tank.  

Almost too late to tank -- although before the year started I had Christmas as our Make-Break Deadline.

Get in the playoffs this year.  Wheel and deal for some extra second rounders -- draft Admiral Schofield or some other "name" college dude.  At the very least, Admiral And Sagaba would make for a feel-good summer blockbuster.  

Next year, we can SNEAK TANK and hopefully deal Chandler Parsons as an expiring contract to make ONE MORE RUN around the Mike-Marc patty-cake-patty-cake offense (or not).

Now when Dillon gets back I am running a ten man rotation, ok? (channeling Hubie Brown)

Starters: Conley, Temple, Anderson, Jaren, Marc

Bench platoon: Jevon, Mack, Dillon, Jam, and Noah

I am keeping Marshon and Casspi around for decorative purposes.

Put Selden, DJ, and Yuta in a steel cage and let 'em fight it out for the 13th man spot.  Or, Rabb.  Just go Full Rabb as a 13th man.

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Missing out on the playoffs AND not getting our pick (finishing in the 9-12 range) would be a disaster.  Especially the high expectations buzz around the Tiger High program going into next season.

MUST make the playoffs this year.  Some teams have already gotten a jump start on the tank.  

Almost too late to tank -- although before the year started I had Christmas as our Make-Break Deadline.

Get in the playoffs this year.  Wheel and deal for some extra second rounders -- draft Admiral Schofield or some other "name" college dude.  At the very least, Admiral And Sagaba would make for a feel-good summer blockbuster.  

Next year, we can SNEAK TANK and hopefully deal Chandler Parsons as an expiring contract to make ONE MORE RUN around the Mike-Marc patty-cake-patty-cake offense (or not).

Now when Dillon gets back I am running a ten man rotation, ok? (channeling Hubie Brown)

Put Selden, DJ, and Yuta in a steel cage and let 'em fight it out for the 13th man spot.  Or, Rabb.  Just go Full Rabb as a 13th man.

He looks experienced, not so certain about his athleticism though.

admiral schofield.jpg

The chance of making the playoffs is 50-50, and a Mike/Marc injury could easily dash our playoff hope. To compete for the playoffs we need to upgrade our SG/SF and Oubre seems to be a very good fit. We missed out but at least we know Wallace is looking. We will see, but with the tough schedule ahead we may get desperate soon.

9 hours ago, Zappastache said:

I agree. Not sure why we don't see more of JJJ PERIOD. I feel like, with the way JB is staggering rotations, that there should never be a time when neither JJJ or Gasol are on the floor. These lineups with JaM and Noah are scary bad on offense. JJJ feasts against bench units, and could be our 2nd best offensive player on the team right now (sadly). 

Looks like he is 5th on the squad in MPG at 25.3. Not sure why he can't give Gasol some rest from his rediculous 34.7 MPG. 

Side note: why the hell can't i upload a screenshot? who the heck sets the max size of an attachment to 110kb??? I can't even have a pic of an emoji be that small. 

To be fair,  it's not just Noah and Green making the second unit bad

Dude I been saying we don’t have a knockdown shooter. Garret is has been horrendous and has had extremely open looks. I see him trending upward soon. However we need that shooter guy he doesn’t even have to be athletic just have the ability to shoot

"Developing players" is a misnomer anyway.  Teams won't be in both development mode AND win mode.  And I've never seen a coach who, put in a situation with a mix of young and veteran talent with any kind of a chance to make the postseason, to minimalize veterans' presence by giving the minutes to young guys.  Quite the opposite.  It doesn't surprise me that Gasol is averaging the minutes he is averaging - it actually could be worse. 

"Develop your players" is just a nice way of saying "we still pretty much suck because we're green as the Hulk (the Ang Lee one - MCU's is kinda pale)."  This team is playoffs or bust this season.  We may still see a trade out of them before the deadline just to ensure we can.

JJJ is getting burn because he has the actual talent to deserve it, and there's not a veteran in his way.  It would be good if he could get even more, but an at-the-twilight-of-his-career Noah was brought in for a reason, and it's not just being a direct backup to Gasol, it's about keeping a vet presence in the Frontcourt longer.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:31 AM, Holidayinn21 said:

7/14 from 3(50%)

23-27 from the Line(85%)

play 13

On 12/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Get that Tiger High ish out of here. What a frucktard!

I love JJJ. I would like to see him more in crunch time. But I am not sure how many more minutes per game I want to give him. His career is a marathon not a sprint. He is 19. He's definitely over matched strength wise most nights. He's never had to play this many games. You start playing him 35 mpg and fatigue becomes an issue. When players are tired, statistics say their chance of injury nearly doubles. I'm not trying to ruin his career at 19. I'd get his minutes to about 28-29 and that's about it. Then I'd make his minutes mean more by getting him the ball more often.

7 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I love JJJ. I would like to see him more in crunch time. But I am not sure how many more minutes per game I want to give him. His career is a marathon not a sprint. He is 19. He's definitely over matched strength wise most nights. He's never had to play this many games. You start playing him 35 mpg and fatigue becomes an issue. When players are tired, statistics say their chance of injury nearly doubles. I'm not trying to ruin his career at 19. I'd get his minutes to about 28-29 and that's about it. Then I'd make his minutes mean more by getting him the ball more often.

Good observation. Maybe the team is trying to help him avoid the rookie wall

3 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

34 minutes a night feels like the new 40 minutes a night.

34 minutes a night, or around that, should be the max for just about everybody.

Go deeper into the bench if you have to.

Teams probably need an 8 1/2 man rotation now -- MINIMUM.

JJJ should never leave the game in the 4th

11 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Jamychal has dropped to 27% in 4th quarters, yet receives more minutes than Jaren.

Why should JB still have a job

he should'nt

He's only still got it because the FO has an image problem when it comes to their head coaches and stability