cdp

We did not just trade for Oubre

3 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

no

Grizz lack scoring in a bad way. A starting two guard is needed that can consistently give you 13-15 ppg. Marshon and Wayne already are inconsistent and last nights screw up won’t help with production. 

The fact that they did the deal anyway without us tells me all I need to know. They basically shut the idiots out of the room and made the deal. Basically everyone EXCEPT the Grizz and local Memphis media are putting this on Memphis. This was another Wallace special served up on teh national scene.

42 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Rather go after Alex Burkes than Hood. Dont have assets to get him in a trade tho.

Burks salary is 11 million would require JAM or Temple and that would shake up the locker room a little too much culture wise during the season for a non game changer. 

Hood is at 3.4 million and is not apart of their future so 2nds for him should suffice. 

13 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

The fact that they did the deal anyway without us tells me all I need to know. They basically shut the idiots out of the room and made the deal. Basically everyone EXCEPT the Grizz and local Memphis media are putting this on Memphis. This was another Wallace special served up on teh national scene.

I see this quite differently and give Wallace credit for attempting the ‘ol switcheroo! 

And gotta disagree on us being the idiotic organization when compared to those obvious winners.

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I see this quite differently and give Wallace credit for attempting the ‘ol switcheroo! 

And gotta disagree on us being the idiotic organization when compared to those obvious winners.

I can't give him credit for that because it did not work.

As I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't put it past him to say "Brooks" and then try to backtrack and say he meant MarShon not Dillon. it didn't work and I think that's probably why we can't get involved in trades, we screw stuff up. The Wiz and Suns got the same deal without us playing the third party tells me all I need to know. Not saying they are perfect organizations, the Suns are definitely a train wreck but those 2 teams got the job done without us is all i need to know. Now we have 2 players on teh roster who know they were about to get traded and they have to play tonight.

54 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

As I said in my earlier post, I wouldn't put it past him to say "Brooks" and then try to backtrack and say he meant MarShon not Dillon. it didn't work and I think that's probably why we can't get involved in trades, we screw stuff up. The Wiz and Suns got the same deal without us playing the third party tells me all I need to know. Not saying they are perfect organizations, the Suns are definitely a train wreck but those 2 teams got the job done without us is all i need to know. Now we have 2 players on teh roster who know they were about to get traded and they have to play tonight.

There are legitimate gripes with Wallace to hang your hat on, I just don’t think this is one of them. He didn’t screw anything up because it didn’t happen. Just a little negative national media attention but who cares about that? I’m guessing Seldon and Brooks won’t be fazed by this much, if at all. The Grizz are giving them playing time and they know the business.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

There are legitimate gripes with Wallace to hang your hat on, I just don’t think this is one of them. He didn’t screw anything up because it didn’t happen. Just a little negative national media attention but who cares about that? I’m guessing Seldon and Brooks won’t be fazed by this much, if at all. The Grizz are giving them playing time and they know the business.

Sources I've been seeing seem to be putting the black eye on the Suns more than anything.  But that's probably only because of the 3 teams, we're doing the best on the court. Had this been Lakers/Toronto/Memphis, then it would be our fault, because that's how "deep" the national media bothers to go.  Kind of like when Virginia/Va Tech played football earlier this year and it was mentioned that Fuente and Mendenhall didn't talk before the game, and they put the bad blood on the game rather than their personal history.  But then they could have been aware all along, and realized that would have made it sound like to Group of 5 schools could have baggage carried into a Power 5 matchup, and ESPN knows which side their bread is buttered on.

The same deal going down between Washington and Phoenix anyway tells me that the Grizzlies wisely avoided being taken to the woodshed and Phoenix was trying some last second shenanigans with the, "what do you mean you don't want to give us Dillon?" nonsense.  Between Dillon and Oubre, it's a no-brainer to me who the better long-term prospect and team fit is.

And for those who like Oubre, when he gets to Phoenix and sees it's a train wreck, we can go to him in the offseason and say "hey, we've wanted you since December."

As for Seldon and Marshon, yeah, it's never fun to be traded, but these guys need to be realistic about their chances of being on the move. How many bench players are "safe" in this league? Players all the time say "it's a business" when they get traded.  Well, it's the same story when a trade falls through.  They should be smart enough to know they are shooting their own feet if they hold a grudge and let it affect their play.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

As the other guy said I see it differently as well.  If they could've easily done the deal without us why include us without trying to swindle us out of something? The fact that Chris didn't do the deal for a potential rental in Kelly and giving up picks to keep Dillon whom at this point is the only potential future piece beside JJJ, we have was cool. 

9 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

This was simply miscommunication.  We only had communication with the wizards, Washington apparently told the Suns that Dillon Brooks was in the trade not Marshon.  Not really our fault just miscommunication.  I do think we should go after Kelly with a direct trade adding in a second rounder and Wayne and or marshon

I agree this is on the Suns, they were hot for their part of the deal and tried whatever to get it over the line.

I wouldn't be surprised the second part of your comment comes to fruition. If not he will probably be a FA target for our FO

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why would the other side say medicals were discussed when Wallace is adamant that was not the case, and went to lengths to explain how the process of deal making works and when medicals come into it?

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

As the other guy said I see it differently as well.  If they could've easily done the deal without us why include us without trying to swindle us out of something? The fact that Chris didn't do the deal for a potential rental in Kelly and giving up picks to keep Dillon whom at this point is the only potential future piece beside JJJ, we have was cool. 

Yep it's easy to portray us as the fools, but seeing all the commentary (and a lack of plausible explanation from the Suns) I reckon they were trying to do a number on us. The Suns were hot to get rid of Ariza, first it was the Lakers, then this 3 way, then a separate deal, they were trying to get as much as they could, even by shady means

14 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Jesus Christ, I stay one day, ONE day, off the grid and this happens???

same here

19 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Jesus Christ, I stay one day, ONE day, off the grid and this happens???

Wait until KBM gets his computer privileges back!

21 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Oubre was traded to the Suns yesterday. I don't see the Suns doing that.

I know he was. 

15 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why would you want to do that?

Because Jam isn't going to be here next year I'm guessing?

5 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Because Jam isn't going to be here next year I'm guessing?

I wouldn't be too certain of that.  He's been pretty effective off the bench and seems to have embraced his role.  I don't think he's going to be out of our range.