Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Houston Rockets - 12/15/18

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

and that Lakers game was another example of this poor strategy - all be it we didn't have the mismatch p[potential like tonite - which makes tonite worse because we already saw how it plays out being a jump shooting team

Both of the last 2 games have been an example of terrible defense in the opening periods.

13 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

It sure didn't help that KA wasn't playing tonight.

Yeah, he is a difference maker. He gets rebounds, steals and improves the team defense.

Everyone in the media talks about how ugly or boring the Grizzlies game is. I for one will take this style we play any day of the week over boring *** Houston with their dribble drive corner 3 offense with getting a rip through foul as a backup plan. 

edit: It's just not fun to watch. They just shoot 3s. It may be effective, but all I know is that I enjoyed watching the NBA more before the game trended this way.

59 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

You act Gasol is a gazelle, he's more like a rhino. If you're not shooting 3 that back down even farther and clog the middle up.

What? Gasol doesn't even have to move much to find open spots in the defense,  especially considering he has a good jump shot.  If the defense slacks of him,  he can easily sink a shot from anywhere on the floor. It was no reason not to exploit mismatches and force their defense to rotate instead of jacking up 3 pointers for a historically bad 3 point shooting team. Houston has struggled guarding the paint,  exploit their struggles 

32 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

What? Gasol doesn't even have to move much to find open spots in the defense,  especially considering he has a good jump shot.  If the defense slacks of him,  he can easily sink a shot from anywhere on the floor. It was no reason not to exploit mismatches and force their defense to rotate instead of jacking up 3 pointers for a historically bad 3 point shooting team. Houston has struggled guarding the paint,  exploit their struggles 

I've never seen Gasol shoot a jump shot, he just springs up on his toes. You been listening to Pranica tooooooooooo much. You give Gasol way too much credit.They got to where they're just playing yo yo again with him and Conley way to much.

9 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I've never seen Gasol shoot a jump shot, he just springs up on his toes. You been listening to Pranica tooooooooooo much. You give Gasol way too much credit.They got to where they're just playing yo yo again with him and Conley way to much.

Lol you're being to literal.  Ok Gasol can find an open spot when his man sags off and shot a toe springy shot. Does that work better or was that just a waste of botj our times when you knew what the implied meaning was? The whole point of exploiting the smaller Tucker is to get more players involved besides Mike and Marc 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Look I understand for you all, you are only interested in what Jaren does and couldn't care less if we win, or what Mike does ir what Marc does, just give the ball to Jaren so we can watch him. Some of us, believe we should play to win and if another player is jeopardizing that (Jaren's stupid fouls) you gotta go another way.

i can usually follow you ... but this one makes it sound like you are not really watching the games... he gets ticky tack calls ... calls that are only reserved for rookies.

He starts and is banged with his first foul before the first quarter is 90 seconds old. (not gonna bother with the exact time - im just gonna wing it here  ) 

I heard Harden calling him rook LIVE and saw him hit 13 in the chest with a forearm - RIGHT in front of the ref... on an inbounds play! Then proceeded down the court and hit em with the hesi step back into a rip through move and - you get it ... the harden

The word is out on 13 (actually its been out - rooks got dues to pay- period) 

13 moves his feet - quickly and covers alot of ground - bites on a few pump fakes but he also has a really quick second bounce(really QUICK).

He also does something that WE ALL are familiar with -> the TA hands on his head I can't believe I missed another layup (sometimes on the same possession) ... you can tell he feels bad and is truly trying ... no prima donna at all - genuine frustration that comes from being competitive AND young in a grown man's game.

Im riding with the rook ...

like my Tigers say :

This.

Is.

MEMPHIS.

Oh... and ' Everybody Clap Your Hands!'

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Both of the last 2 games have been an example of terrible defense in the opening periods.

No

Both of those examples I gave are examples  of horrific perimeter shooting, when you, me, and everyone who follows the Grizzlies knows FOR YEARS we are not a good perimeter jump shooting team.

But you go ahead with your mantra, just tell us, with this roster, whose going to be the 3pt scoring threat because Mike has not been good this year, Marc has been right off this month, and no one else is good enough, or consistent enough to be the threat you are looking for

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Temple made a couple of bad plays that really hurt coming down to the end of the game, he cheated off of Green and he drilled 2 3s, if that was TA some people would be screaming their head off. BTW, MSB was 3-4 tonight, 1 3.

The game was lost way way before then

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

So jjj va tucker isn't a mismatch? 

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Yeah but Conley doesn't try to get him the ball. And Capella will come off Gasol.

So it IS a mismatch, but it is not a mismatch because we didn't get the ball there, with two bigs (Jaren/Marc, Marc/JaM, Jaren/JaM) v Capella and Tucker/bench scrubs?

Are you serious?

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

No

Both of those examples I gave are examples  of horrific perimeter shooting, when you, me, and everyone who follows the Grizzlies knows FOR YEARS we are not a good perimeter jump shooting team.

But you go ahead with your mantra, just tell us, with this roster, whose going to be the 3pt scoring threat because Mike has not been good this year, Marc has been right off this month, and no one else is good enough, or consistent enough to be the threat you are looking for

Well you know, I watched Dallas the other night shoot 5-33 and Carlille didn't stop his guys from shooting and he is regarded as 1 of the best coaches in the league. You got to shoot them.

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

So it IS a mismatch, but it is not a mismatch because we didn't get the ball there, with two bigs (Jaren/Marc, Marc/JaM, Jaren/JaM) v Capella and Tucker/bench scrubs?

Are you serious?

I tell you what, I'd like to see you go out there and get the ball to them, it isn't like I'll just throw the ball to him,  this is the NBA, I"d bet you would crap in your pants before you were able to get the ball to Gasol or 3J. The defensive guys aren't just standing there. 

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Lol you're being to literal.  Ok Gasol can find an open spot when his man sags off and shot a toe springy shot. Does that work better or was that just a waste of botj our times when you knew what the implied meaning was? The whole point of exploiting the smaller Tucker is to get more players involved besides Mike and Marc 

Yeah that works a heck of a lot better than a jump shot.

One of the Grizzlies Problems they don,t have a good third scorer . that were Carmelo  would come in nicely 

7 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Temple made a couple of bad plays that really hurt coming down to the end of the game, he cheated off of Green and he drilled 2 3s, if that was TA some people would be screaming their head off. BTW, MSB was 3-4 tonight, 1 3.

19 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

No it wasn't, they were like 6 behind.

If "Green" is Gerald Green, at no time in the game did "Green" hit 3s when we were behind by only 6. The closest we got was 6 behind when Conley made a layup with 40sec left in the game.

"Green" as in Gerald Green made his last 3 with 10:55 left in the 4th to go 82-67

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I get it, give the ball to Jaren and get the hell out the way. 

Nah, I'm not going to give you that much credit.  I think you still don't understand that someone shooting 10% higher is shooting better than someone shooting 10% lower.

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Are you serious?

32 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I tell you what, I'd like to see you go out there and get the ball to them, it isn't like I'll just throw the ball to him,  this is the NBA, I"d bet you would crap in your pants before you were able to get the ball to Gasol or 3J. The defensive guys aren't just standing there. 

I tell you what, that is a really weak argument, by attacking me and refusing to address the points of discussion being raised here. By this same standard, I should say to you, "why don't you go out there and shoots 3s, since you're the one saying if they did they would have won" How ridiculous would I sound making such a statement?

Are you seriously saying that getting the ball to the low post, whether it be Jaren, Marc, or JaM when it's Tucker guarding them is SUCH a hard task it's beyond these guys? You know you are mostly talking about Mike Conley, so he hasn't got the ability to do this?

7 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Everyone in the media talks about how ugly or boring the Grizzlies game is. I for one will take this style we play any day of the week over boring *** Houston with their dribble drive corner 3 offense with getting a rip through foul as a backup plan. 

edit: It's just not fun to watch. They just shoot 3s. It may be effective, but all I know is that I enjoyed watching the NBA more before the game trended this way.

I hate that team