Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

So all we got to do is add a second round pick and wall is ours, decisions decisions. 

yes and swap parsons for expiring contracts and now its getting closer

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

And yet even at what was considered low value, what they gave up far exceeds anything being discussed on this thread as a proposal for Wall. Most of those pundits also know if Covington/Saric hit the market today they would be worth 12-15 million. Parsons, Selden, Rabb might not even get an offer. In other words, you cant compare a trade where something of value is being offered then say because he sold for less now we can get the same type of player for no value. Thats absurd.  And again, as for the contract Philly will have to offer Butler the same deal as Wall to keep him, so the cap relief is not a factor.

Very good point(s). After all, look what we got for Harrison. Some of the guys on the boards thought he was an emerging player. The F.O. was obviously trying to make a deal when he was stuck to the bench and there were no takers. The best he could do was sign as a 2 way player for one of the worst teams in the league, only to get waived, and then sign another deal as a 2 way player. He had started in half of the games he played for the Grizzlies and can only get glorified G league contracts once he is off the team.

I guess it is natural to think the players that are on the team you are a fan of are better than what they are, and Harrison is a prime example. I guess we should have "Grizzly good", and "NBA good" monikers for players. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I find it funny that the same people that think Wall is game changer just suddenly think he is available for literally NO TALENT IN RETURN simply because he is a cancer with the same max contract that every franchise player is about to get. lol.  Like no one can produce a better offer than no talent. Even Demarcus Cousins, a well documented cancer (not a rumored cancer like Wall) was able to draw a recent lottery pick in return as well as a future first. Good grief.

if parsons was expiring this year these deals would make more sense and not be far off imho.  i think we would have to take Ian to get Wall.. i wonder if the grizzlies would trade conley for parsons and a 1st ? hopefully not so while i think the wizards will mostly get lowballed  i think they simply say no like any other team thats trading an overpaid but high quality PG 

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah they both had max contracts...which is set at a percentage of the cap.

Only the first year of the contract. Wall gets higher annual raises because he got a contract extension.

its-gonna-be-a-no-from-me-dawg-17097466.Wall is close to being washed. My boy Sexton looked good though. Having a better season than Young

Until the 1st round pick conveys to the Celtics, the Grizzlies aren't able to trade any of the 2019, 20, 21 or probably 22 first rounders as the pick could be any of the next 3 years, and they aren't able to trade consecutive years first round picks.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Until the 1st round pick conveys to the Celtics, the Grizzlies aren't able to trade any of the 2019, 20, 21 or probably 22 first rounders as the pick could be any of the next 3 years, and they aren't able to trade consecutive years first round picks.

What are the circumstances under which we will convey the pick? Our making the playoffs this year increases the chances it will convey this year, yes?

11 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

What are the circumstances under which we will convey the pick? Our making the playoffs this year increases the chances it will convey this year, yes?

It's top 8 protected, so as long as we don't fall to the bottom 8 it conveys this year. Obviously making the playoffs guarantees that. If we don't there's still the possibility of winning the lottery.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:31 PM, Subliminal said:

I’m just confused as to why Chip hasn’t politicked to have the thread removed 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ve given up. Some people can’t stop doing it no matter what the topic. I’m not a moderator and I have no control. I am tired of asking people to follow the rules we established. 

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Lol...this thread gets moved but Seattle getting a NHL franchise remains.

+1 - Moving threads to an inactive forum on an already low traffic fan board makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

+1 - Moving threads to an inactive forum on an already low traffic fan board makes a lot of sense.

+2

I motion to bring this back to the main forum 👩🏼‍💼            👩🏼‍⚖️

According to ESPN, here is what the Grizzlies have in regards to trade assets/ability;

Memphis Grizzlies

mem.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=true

What to watch: The luxury tax

Through a series of transactions starting with the Jarell Martintrade to Orlando this summer, Memphis has taken an aggressive approach of remaining below the luxury tax. The Andrew Harrison waiver and recent Joakim Noah signing is another example of how the front office has balanced the cap ledger this season.

Now $1.64 million below the threshold and in contention for a playoff spot, the Grizzlies should be under the line when the season ends. Memphis has not been a tax team since 2005-06 and will receive $4.9 million in tax distribution from the eight teams in the penalty.

Restrictions/notes

• Joakim Noah cannot be traded.

• Marc Gasol and Kyle Anderson have 15 percent trade bonuses. The bonus is $1.3 million for Gasol and $4.7 million for Anderson at the time of the trade deadline.

• Garrett Temple cannot be reacquired by Sacramento this season.

• Memphis has $2.66 million in cash to send in a trade.

• The Grizzlies have $2.4 million, $1.7 million and $1.5 million trade exceptions.

• The Grizzlies cannot trade a future first-round pick until 2023 -- unless the top-8 protection is eliminated from the 2019 first owed to Boston, making the 2021 pick available.

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25459260/nba-trade-deadline-team-team-guide-moves-make