MemphisX

The Grizzlies should trade for John Wall

When has Wall been this dude nobody was able to deal with?  I don't even get this narrative.  

This is like getting a 4 year old Porsche for a $1,000 and complaining because it has some dents.  You are giving up Parsons and at most a nothing 1st and some peripheral talent.  What are we talking about here?

6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

John Wall is two years older than Tim Hardaway.  The NBA is not a fit league.  The NBA is about top shelf talent.  Usually it would cost you a mint to get a 28 year old with the resume of John Wall.  To me this is a no brainer.  John Wall is an All NBA talent.  The added bonus is he has made the All Defense team which fits this group.  Unlike Hardaway, he extends Mike Conley's career by taking him off the ball more.

I would consider adding a protected first to get him.  I think adding him would be the equivalent of Detroit adding Rasheed Wallace. It would take us from a good defensive team to an All Time great level defensive team.  Plus we would have two closers.

John Wall's contract could go as high as 37m next season. If that's not a mint, what is it?

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

When has Wall been this dude nobody was able to deal with?  I don't even get this narrative.  

This is like getting a 4 year old Porsche for a $1,000 and complaining because it has some dents.  You are giving up Parsons and at most a nothing 1st and some peripheral talent.  What are we talking about here?

I’m no great basketball mind but this is mad off

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

A 4 year old Porsche for a $1,000 that costs a ton of money to maintain.  It doesn't matter.  If the FO went this route I'll be rooting for him just like any other Grizzlies player, but I think they might find the price too high.

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

uhmm its more like getting a 4 year old Porshe for $40m then complaining about it crapping out after taking it mudding.   I just don't think he is that good of a player(push us to championship) or fit for our team.   

If its one thing I know Pera wont do is pay luxury tax. Thankfully that makes most of these trade proposals almost impossible.

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

If its one thing I know Pera wont do is pay luxury tax. Thankfully that makes most of these trade proposals almost impossible.

Pure truth. One penny into luxury tax costs the team tens of millions.

F....orget John Wall

Derrick ROSE is the one

Don't know how it can be done, hopefully Wolves implode, Thibs gets fired, we can pick him up as an assistant, and then send him and Mike to talk with DRose 😆

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

I'm not sure about that. It was Levien who did what he did. Pera paid for Mike and Parsons at levels that most thought were ludicrous deals. Like I said, I don't know. 

I’m just confused as to why Chip hasn’t politicked to have the thread removed 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

zbo was like 10th highest paid player when he came here so it's not that big of a difference cap hit wise .

55 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Zbo's cost was way less.

We traded for ZBo in 2009...He made $16 million.  The salary cap was $57.7 million (28%)

Wall will make $38.15 million.  The Cap will be $109 million. (35%)

Not that big of  difference especially considering $25 million of that would be dead Parsons money in year 2.

6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I remember people showing me this video to say ZBo sucked...

Then they also said Brandon Roy said we can't win with that dude.  I have heard it all.  Talent won out in the end.

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

We traded for ZBo in 2009...He made $16 million.  The salary cap was $57.7 million (28%)

Wall will make $38.15 million.  The Cap will be $109 million. (35%)

Not that big of  difference especially considering $25 million of that would be dead Parsons money in year 2.

Yeah they both had max contracts...which is set at a percentage of the cap.

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah they both had max contracts...which is set at a percentage of the cap.

I’m just assuming it’s a done deal now. That being said, what is the best way to implement him into the Grizz’s gameplan 

17 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I’m just assuming it’s a done deal now. That being said, what is the best way to implement him into the Grizz’s gameplan 

Besides letting him go our and score 20 a game? And play lockdown defense? Not sure. 

19 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Did you know that Booker was taken at 13, Lyles 14 Jokivic 41 Rozier 16. Would you call those guys nothing, and with your eagle eye,  I'm sure you could find some player that could be a game changer.

19 hours ago, MemphisX said:

I would ask myself why am I being offered a Porsche for so cheap

I can see X's overall point....however since he is a recent 5x Allstar I cant believe that all Washington gets offered is cap relief in the following Summer and a pick in 2021 and no one beats that. Phoenix, for example, needs a pg and can offer relief now and has all their picks plud one. There are other teams too like New Orleans that can make a splash. I think his low value has been overexaggerrated.

Like if Parsons and Wall were both free agents this offseason, what would be more likely. Wall getting 4 years, 170 or Parsons getting 1 year, 25 million. Thats why I dont think Washington will view taking Parsons as some big relief

I think we would have to agree to take all of their bad contracts (Porter). Parsons, Temple, Green plus 2 future 1sts for Wall and Porter. They arent going to make it easy on us.

24 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I can see X's overall point....however since he is a recent 5x Allstar I cant believe that all Washington gets offered is cap relief in the following Summer and a pick in 2021 and no one beats that. Phoenix, for example, needs a pg and can offer relief now and has all their picks plud one. There are other teams too like New Orleans that can make a splash. I think his low value has been overexaggerrated.

Like if Parsons and Wall were both free agents this offseason, what would be more likely. Wall getting 4 years, 170 or Parsons getting 1 year, 25 million. Thats why I dont think Washington will view taking Parsons as some big relief

I think we would have to agree to take all of their bad contracts (Porter). Parsons, Temple, Green plus 2 future 1sts for Wall and Porter. They arent going to make it easy on us.

disgruntled combined with poor record and 200 million reasons why. They can certainly keep him, but trading him, you need to think about what minny got for butler as a stating point.

everybody also thought that we could get a 1st round pick for tyreke, how did that work out for biggie smalls? We are still holding Wallace's feet to the fire for that move.

The fact is that people aren't giving up first round picks anymore.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

disgruntled combined with poor record and 200 million reasons why. They can certainly keep him, but trading him, you need to think about what minny got for butler as a stating point.

everybody also thought that we could get a 1st round pick for tyreke, how did that work out for biggie smalls? We are still holding Wallace's feet to the fire for that move.

The fact is that people aren't giving up first round picks anymore.

the bucks gave up a 1st yesterday , phi gave up a top notch 3 and 3 defender and a young pf with potential .den traded a 1st to move Faried and Arthur , OKC sent a 1st to move melo , tor gave a 1st for leonard