8 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

No you wouldn't.  The cap and luxury tax threshold will go up.  Will be about like having Chandler on the team except Wall will be playing.

Would you rather go after the guy that is a better fit and younger in Tim Hardaway (26y) over the malcontent poor fit 28 year old that's super expensive?

Wall is more of a risk than Parsons due to his terrible attitude and toxic contract.  I wouldn't want him any where near Jaren.  Our locker-room is great right now so no reason to bring in a guy that won't be enough to beat GSW or LeBron this year anyway.  I just don't believe he is the key to championship for us.  

https://hoopshype.com/2018/12/05/dallas-mavericks-nba-trade-rumors-wesley-matthews-tim-hardaway-jr/

"For the Knicks, Hardaway has a very large contract that eats up cap space that could otherwise be offered to an upcoming big-name free agent (like, say, Kevin Durant in July).

Plus, Hardaway will help New York win some games when it may make more sense to tank for a top talent like Zion Williamson."

Hardaway could prob be had for a couple of expiring contracts and his age and experience level is perfect to help now and be around for Jaren.    Having him and Kyle locked up means we won't have to worry about our wing rotation for years.   Plus he would be perfect fit as secondary shot creator (He is avg 22ppg) and is a True SG.   

If we make a move then moving on from 2 expiring deals (JaM and Temple) makes the most sense considering present and future goals. 

42 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Once Noah gets more integrated then moving on from JaM will be more feasible.     Hardaway would be a great fit. 

JMG had a great game last night and here you are today moving on from him. He, 3J and OC make a good line for the Grizz

29 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

No you wouldn't.  The cap and luxury tax threshold will go up.  Will be about like having Chandler on the team except Wall will be playing.

To me, John Wall is toxic, wouldn't have him. I'd much rather have Porter.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

JMG had a great game last night and here you are today moving on from him. He, 3J and OC make a good line for the Grizz

I agree that our frontcourt is the strongest its been in years (if not ever).   I am just being realistic.   

He is a 28y backup PF on expiring deal.  Temple is a 32y on expiring deal that shouldn't be starting.   We complain every season that FO holds onto expiring guys that have no future with team instead of using them as an asset.  

Hardaway is a more valuable player so moving JaM for him isn't an insult to what he is doing.  

24 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Would you rather go after the guy that is a better fit and younger in Tim Hardaway (26y) over the malcontent poor fit 28 year old that's super expensive?

Wall is more of a risk than Parsons due to his terrible attitude and toxic contract.  I wouldn't want him any where near Jaren.  Our locker-room is great right now so no reason to bring in a guy that won't be enough to beat GSW or LeBron this year anyway.  I just don't believe he is the key to championship for us.  

https://hoopshype.com/2018/12/05/dallas-mavericks-nba-trade-rumors-wesley-matthews-tim-hardaway-jr/

"For the Knicks, Hardaway has a very large contract that eats up cap space that could otherwise be offered to an upcoming big-name free agent (like, say, Kevin Durant in July).

Plus, Hardaway will help New York win some games when it may make more sense to tank for a top talent like Zion Williamson."

Hardaway could prob be had for a couple of expiring contracts and his age and experience level is perfect to help now and be around for Jaren.    Having him and Kyle locked up means we won't have to worry about our wing rotation for years.   Plus he would be perfect fit as secondary shot creator (He is avg 22ppg) and is a True SG.   

If we make a move then moving on from 2 expiring deals (JaM and Temple) makes the most sense considering present and future goals. 

I don't see hard way being better fit than John Wall.

Hardaway isn't an all-league defender like John Wall can be.

Secondly he's not going to take over games and be the best player on the court like John Wall can be on a consistent basis. 

And more importantly hardaway is not even available so I'm not sure why we're even talking about him.

But there is a extreme Talent differential between John Wall and Tim hardaway Jr.

Hardaway is an okay player on a really bad team.

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I don't see hard way being better fit than John Wall.

Hardaway isn't an all-league defender like John Wall can be.

Secondly he's not going to take over games and be the best player on the court like John Wall can be on a consistent basis. 

And more importantly hardaway is not even available so I'm not sure why we're even talking about him.

But there is a extreme Talent differential between John Wall and Tim hardaway Jr.

Hardaway is an okay player on a really bad team.

Did you misread the hoopsrumor link that said Knicks are looking to move off salary to have capspace to sign Kevin Durant?   He is available maybe not as much as Wall but he can be had. 

Did you forget that Hardaway avg 15ppg on the last Hawks team that made it to the playoffs?   The good player on bad team narrative has been destroyed on here a million times.  

Understand my argument - I am not saying THJ is a better player than Wall.  I am saying he is a better fit financially  on the court and in locker-room too.  

We have all seen John Wall give zero effort on offense if he isn't the focal and meh effort on defense.   He has also been injured a ton over the years. Folks complaining about Conley injury-proneness have never looked at Wall's game logs. 

Not to mention the price.    Hardaway will be getting a max of 18m next 2 seasons compared to Wall's 40m.     

There is no awkward fit - he plugs in easily as starting SG that can space floor and be secondary creator.    Wall doesn't really like playing off the ball.  So Mike will be full-time SG while Kyle is relegated to being a complete zero on offensive possessions.   Wall has never traditionally been a 3pt shooter (career 32%) but THJ is a career .35% and shooting .36% currently.    Hardaway is avg 3ast so it isn't like he is a black-hole on offense. 

Easy pecking order when bringing in THJ -    1)Mike 2a)Jaren 2b)Tim 3) Gasol.    

19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Did you misread the hoopsrumor link that said Knicks are looking to move off salary to have capspace to sign Kevin Durant?   He is available maybe not as much as Wall but he can be had. 

Did you forget that Hardaway avg 15ppg on the last Hawks team that made it to the playoffs?   The good player on bad team narrative has been destroyed on here a million times.  

Understand my argument - I am not saying THJ is a better player than Wall.  I am saying he is a better fit financially  on the court and in locker-room too.  

We have all seen John Wall give zero effort on offense if he isn't the focal and meh effort on defense.   He has also been injured a ton over the years. Folks complaining about Conley injury-proneness have never looked at Wall's game logs. 

Not to mention the price.    Hardaway will be getting a max of 18m next 2 seasons compared to Wall's 40m.     

There is no awkward fit - he plugs in easily as starting SG that can space floor and be secondary creator.    Wall doesn't really like playing off the ball.  So Mike will be full-time SG while Kyle is relegated to being a complete zero on offensive possessions.   Wall has never traditionally been a 3pt shooter (career 32%) but THJ is a career .35% and shooting .36% currently.    Hardaway is avg 3ast so it isn't like he is a black-hole on offense. 

Easy pecking order when bringing in THJ -    1)Mike 2a)Jaren 2b)Tim 3) Gasol.    

I would rather pay 40 million to a known All-Star the 20 million to a rotational player, that's just my opinion.

Hardaway is an okay player. He's probably a rich man's MarShon Brooks.

There's not a lot of value there.

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I would rather pay 40 million to a known All-Star the 20 million to a rotational player, that's just my opinion.

Rich Man's MarShon Brooks is basically last years Tyreke.  

Last Years Tyreke would be really big help for this team now.   I would take that 10x outta 10.    

Guess we have different views on what is considered valuable.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and ours just differs today. 

I don’t want a career 32% three point shooter playing shooting guard 

Plus he doesn’t care about winning 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Would you rather go after a player who has done nothing in the NBA to contribute to winning or a 5x All Star?

20 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Would you rather go after a player who has done nothing in the NBA to contribute to winning or a 5x All Star?

Would he have been a 5x AllStar in the West?   Melo is a multiple time AllStar too and he is filling out job applications.   

I'd rather have this Tim over that Wall for this team because i value fit and chemistry along with talent.   Hardaway isn't some scrub he is a solid player.  Like i pointed out earlier he was an important  contributor to the last ATL team that went to Playoffs.    

I just don't see Mike and JW meshing. 

And JW is overrated with that contract. He's a Mike Conley less the shooting, and more of the dunking.

John Wall's contract is the type of contract that could put a small franchise in the dumpster for years. 

Washington is NEVER going to get rid of that contract. It would be one thing if he was one of the 3 best players in the league (I seriously don't think that even Giannis on this contract would be moveable). 

I think John Wall would be interesting on our roster (Mike is sensational off-ball and has been needing someone to take on more point duties for years), but at that number, NO THANK YOU. 

9 hours ago, MemphisX said:

This is not even remotely fair as a point. THJ has only been in the league for like 5 years and has played for GARBAGE teams. There are plenty of great players in the NBA that are still great despite being on a sorry team so they can't 'contribute to winning'. You can't even compare them. I'm not saying we should necessarily get THJ but your argument that we should get Wall over THJ off the basis that he hasn't contributed to a winning team relative to JW (has he really contributed to winning anyway) doesn't make any sense.

12 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

This is not even remotely fair as a point. THJ has only been in the league for like 5 years and has played for GARBAGE teams. There are plenty of great players in the NBA that are still great despite being on a sorry team so they can't 'contribute to winning'. You can't even compare them. I'm not saying we should necessarily get THJ but your argument that we should get Wall over THJ off the basis that he hasn't contributed to a winning team relative to JW (has he really contributed to winning anyway) doesn't make any sense.

John Wall is two years older than Tim Hardaway.  The NBA is not a fit league.  The NBA is about top shelf talent.  Usually it would cost you a mint to get a 28 year old with the resume of John Wall.  To me this is a no brainer.  John Wall is an All NBA talent.  The added bonus is he has made the All Defense team which fits this group.  Unlike Hardaway, he extends Mike Conley's career by taking him off the ball more.

I would consider adding a protected first to get him.  I think adding him would be the equivalent of Detroit adding Rasheed Wallace. It would take us from a good defensive team to an All Time great level defensive team.  Plus we would have two closers.

Did you guys learn nothing from ZBo?  When he is locked in, Wall is great on both sides of the ball.

On 12/5/2018 at 1:37 PM, Blackwatch said:

John Wall would be a great get, by why would the Wizards agree to this? 

This will never happen. The Wizards wouldn't agree to this and worse it's too risky for the team chemistry we have now. John Wall wants to be the face of any team he is on. This will be Jaren Jackson's team soon. No way man.

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

John Wall is two years older than Tim Hardaway.  The NBA is not a fit league.  The NBA is about top shelf talent.  Usually it would cost you a mint to get a 28 year old with the resume of John Wall.  To me this is a no brainer.  John Wall is an All NBA talent.  The added bonus is he has made the All Defense team which fits this group.  Unlike Hardaway, he extends Mike Conley's career by taking him off the ball more.

I would consider adding a protected first to get him.  I think adding him would be the equivalent of Detroit adding Rasheed Wallace. It would take us from a good defensive team to an All Time great level defensive team.  Plus we would have two closers.

I trust Mike and Marc that Wall would come to this team and not have any problems. Like when malcontents go to the patriots. When you have vets like the grizzlies do, you can afford a knucklehead.

Washington is going to play it coy, but I don't see them getting a whole lot of offers for John Wall. If New York pulls the trigger it would a supremely stupid move in my opinion.  That would be a bandaide over a bullet wound. But who knows, new York is a terrible franchise.

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I trust Mike and Marc that Wall would come to this team and not have any problems. Like when malcontents go to the patriots. When you have vets like the grizzlies do, you can afford a knucklehead.

Washington is going to play it coy, but I don't see them getting a whole lot of offers for John Wall. If New York pulls the trigger it would a supremely stupid move in my opinion.  That would be a bandaide over a bullet wound. But who knows, new York is a terrible franchise.

As noted by several Insiders- big part of the reason for Gasol' resurgence is that he actually likes and trusts everyone on the team.   I think Wall is the problem in Washington and don't see him changing in a new environment.   I mean didn't we all watch Gasol last season debacle not even handle Tyreke well?   The Strong personalities that can handle him and get him inline were Vince, Tony and Zbo.  Heck i trust Temple and Noah to be able to deal with him better than Mike and Marc.   

Environmental change can do a lot for a player.

Saw X mention how acquiring Wall could be similar to Detroit acquiring Sheed. You could argue that Sheed was a chemistry killer prior to coming on board to Detroit. This is probably the last team that can say they're unable to handle certain personality types. 

If all we were losing was Parsons + a protected 1st + some out of rotation role players, I would definitely take it. 

On 12/6/2018 at 10:17 AM, Kevin B Moses said:

I can agree with this. I wouldnt trade for either player, but if you are going to commit to doing the luxury tax dance, do it for an AllNBA player.  Temple and Jam for Hardaway doesnt move the needle much. First off, who protects JJJ from foul trouble with no Jam. Hardaway can put it on the deck better than Temple, but isnt close to elite level. Its almost a wash trade on the court, before you even consider the salary you are taking on.

56 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

As noted by several Insiders- big part of the reason for Gasol' resurgence is that he actually likes and trusts everyone on the team.   I think Wall is the problem in Washington and don't see him changing in a new environment.   I mean didn't we all watch Gasol last season debacle not even handle Tyreke well?   The Strong personalities that can handle him and get him inline were Vince, Tony and Zbo.  Heck i trust Temple and Noah to be able to deal with him better than Mike and Marc.   

Marc is a strong personality. And I think that he and mike call everybody out. Didn't mike say something to that effect that we keep each other accountable but because we are so close that we can say anything to each other without it being malicious. 

26 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Marc is a strong personality. And I think that he and mike call everybody out. Didn't mike say something to that effect that we keep each other accountable but because we are so close that we can say anything to each other without it being malicious. 

I am just saying how did that work out last season?   Marc was always the most temperamental of the CORE4.   I wouldn't count on them being able to deal with Wall.  I'd give more credit to Noah and Temple in current iteration.