No one is interested in Parsons if he can not play any minutes at all.

Let him drop off the books, take our play/positioning as is for this year, and next, then go after a FA or two or three (Jaylen Brown) with Parsons off the books, and Marc (hopefully) on reduced salary.

Will there really be no better offers than that for Wall? I get the contract is toxic but surely someone would beat Parsons.

2 hours ago, MemphisX said:

I know, I know. 

However, you have to get over the initial sticker shock.  His contract is gigantic.  It is Chandler Parson almost x 2.  The difference is John Wall is an established All Star.

Now I am not saying this is the perfect scenario.  Or even ideal.  However,  I think he could be a nice fit.

Lets do the cons first:

1. The contract is large and extension does not kick in until next season. 

2. The chemistry.  The Wizards have been toxic for two seasons and he has been a part of the toxicity.

3. Low energy play the last two seasons.

The pros:

1. 28 year old 5 time All Star, 1 x All NBA, 1 x All defensive team.

2. Size makes it less likely for him to break down.

3. Has been relatively healthy before last season.

4. Fit.  Can play next to Mike Conley. Can defend shooting guards.  Will lengthen Conley's career. Gives us a dynamic shot creator.

5. Puts the Grizz squarely on the top of the non-Warriors tier of the West

6. John Wall is currently averaging 21/8/3 in a disappointing season.

Now I recognize that 5 additional years of mega-money is scary, especially for a small market team.  Wall could be Chandler Parson useful the last two years of the deal at 34.

The deal I propose is: Chandler Parsons/Ivan Rabb/Wayne Seldon/Marshon Brooks/2020 2nd round pick/2022 2nd round pick for John Wall/Markief Morris. With maybe one or two of our guys going to other teams so Washington can save on the luxury tax.  So I am not proposing any 1st rounders or any of our top young guys going.

Our rotation after the trade:

PG Mike Conley, Shelvin Mack, Jevon Carter

SG John Wall, Garrett Temple

SF Kyle Anderson, Dillon Brooks

PF Jaren Jackson, JaMychal Green

C Marc Gasol, Joakim Noah

To me this is a team that can not only make the Western Conference Finals but also get a game or two vs. the Warriors.  Plus the added benefit is that if KD leaves this offseason, we could possibly be a favorite in the West next season with Jaren's development.  I know it is not ideal.  I know there will be pain in the end but for a chance to make the WCFs and win the Southwest division, I think  it could be worth the pain.

I mean we have to be honest.  John Wall could possibly be our best player if he has that Pau Gasol in LA rejuvenation to his game.  Could be a ZBoish acquisition.

Ill give you props for proposing something that is gutsy and out of the box. And for laying off the Gasol hate for once ;) seriously. 

I do think we need to get creative to get the person chancun was supposed to be. Is this how we do it? 

With Walls contract the team will have to get creative filling out the roster to stay under the luxury tax threshold. The thing is, that has been going on for years just to field a mediocre team. Why not do it to fill out a team that could threaten for a title?

43 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Will there really be no better offers than that for Wall? I get the contract is toxic but surely someone would beat Parsons.

Very good question. A lot of teams are in a holding pattern so to speak with regard to potential free agents because there are many with player options. It is my belief that Washington's goal is to get rid of Wall, with moving Beal and/or Porter being backup plans to clear cap space. I think if the Grizzlies were to make an offer, it would be seriously considered.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Waste of time plus he wont be that easy to get.

He actually might be. The report from about a week or two ago said you could count the suitors on a few fingers. I feel like the team that's willing to give up an unprotected 1st + cap relief + a decent prospect can get him. May not take that, but I feel like that's what will get it done. Parsons doesn't give them immediate cap relief, but he does after next season.

Whether he's a fit, not sure. He doesn't quite thrive in a halfcourt offense and we would need to change our style to be more uptempo. As a talent, he would be great. Its also a win now move because I feel like we are going to struggling with that contract in Years 4 and 5 once his athleticism dies down.

I don't think a trade like that would get it done anyways. Wiz'll definitely be after FRPs/better prospects for Wall because you can easily still get 2-3 prime years left from him. If that was actually what Washington wanted for him dang it be temptin'. If he was little younger or that contract was a little shorter/smaller i'd do it in a heartbeat, but at age 32 he'll be paid FORTY-SEVEN MILLION(!!!) I mean we rag on about how Conley will be overpay at the end of his contract, just wait...

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

With Walls contract the team will have to get creative filling out the roster to stay under the luxury tax threshold. The thing is, that has been going on for years just to field a mediocre team. Why not do it to fill out a team that could threaten for a title?

Very good question. A lot of teams are in a holding pattern so to speak with regard to potential free agents because there are many with player options. It is my belief that Washington's goal is to get rid of Wall, with moving Beal and/or Porter being backup plans to clear cap space. I think if the Grizzlies were to make an offer, it would be seriously considered.

For Wall? You'd have to gut the team to cover his 47M final year. Don't want Wall.

Yeah, I think I'd rather take a chance on Carmelo before I would bring in Wall. These last couple of seasons have definitely humbled Melo so I'm sure at this point he just wants to prove he still belongs in the league; even if it means coming off the bench.

4 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

What happened to us trading Seldon for Porzingas

That was yesterday.   :lol:

I would pass X, Wall salary is scary high, and with Marc and MC here we cant afford that.  I prefer Beal than him, also would give way more for him too, I just dont know if Wizards wouldnt get a better offer than we could give them.

GTF had the idea of Hardaway, I think we can convince NY,  because they want to clear salary to get 2 FAs (Kyrie + Durant)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybjma3l5

Give them a protected 1st or a couple of 2nds.

MC/Mack/Carter

Hardaway/Lee/Marshon 

SlowMo/Dillon/Selden/Yuta

3Js/Jam/Casspi/Thomas/DJ

Gasol/Noah

9 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I would pass X, Wall salary is scary high, and with Marc and MC here we cant afford that.  I prefer Beal than him, also would give way more for him too, I just dont know if Wizards wouldnt get a better offer than we could give them.

GTF had the idea of Hardaway, I think we can convince NY,  because they want to clear salary to get 2 FAs (Kyrie + Durant)

MC/Mack/Carter

Hardaway/Lee/Marshon 

3Js/Jam/Casspi/Thomas/DJ

Gasol/Noah

Hardaway is a few steps down from John Wall. I mean a lot more steps down from John Wall.

Hardaway is Kyle kuzma level. you don't break up your team for hardaway that's for sure.

John Wall when he's motivated is an exceptional player he just has a huge egregious contract right now.

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Hardaway is a few steps down from John Wall. I mean a lot more steps down from John Wall.

Hardaway is Kyle kuzma level. you don't break up your team for hardaway that's for sure.

John Wall when he's motivated is an exceptional player he just has a huge egregious contract right now.

But with this trade we didn't give up nothing more than picks and Temple 

3 hours ago, BHZMAFIA said:

He actually might be. The report from about a week or two ago said you could count the suitors on a few fingers. I feel like the team that's willing to give up an unprotected 1st + cap relief + a decent prospect can get him. May not take that, but I feel like that's what will get it done. Parsons doesn't give them immediate cap relief, but he does after next season.

Whether he's a fit, not sure. He doesn't quite thrive in a halfcourt offense and we would need to change our style to be more uptempo. As a talent, he would be great. Its also a win now move because I feel like we are going to struggling with that contract in Years 4 and 5 once his athleticism dies down.

The trade suggestion I was replying too was that we would give up no first rounders

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

MC/Mack/Carter

Hardaway/Lee/Marshon 

3Js/Jam/Casspi/Thomas/DJ

Gasol/Noah

The problem there is that only saves them like 5 million. Lance Thomas is only partially guaranteed next year, so we is getting waived no matter what. I'm also pretty sure someone will take Courtney Lee next year without them having to take in salary back (like Denver did with Wilson Chandler or Kenneth Faried). I kind of feel like they see Hardaway as a core piece for them, obviously not as a 1st option, but a really good 3rd option when Porzingus comes back. 

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Also, the Wizards are playing a lot better as of late, so all the trade talk might have been premature. 

Locker room cancer Dwight is gone now.

Hardaway would be perfect here

7 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

The problem there is that only saves them like 5 million. Lance Thomas is only partially guaranteed next year, so we is getting waived no matter what. I'm also pretty sure someone will take Courtney Lee next year without them having to take in salary back (like Denver did with Wilson Chandler or Kenneth Faried). I kind of feel like they see Hardaway as a core piece for them, obviously not as a 1st option, but a really good 3rd option when Porzingus comes back. 

I did not know about Thomas salary, so you probably right, only chance to get Hardaway is if we trade Temple + JaM for him and give up picks, I really dont know if I would do that

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

I did not know about Thomas salary, so you probably right, only chance to get Hardaway is if we trade Temple + JaM for him and give up picks, I really dont know if I would do that

Once Noah gets more integrated then moving on from JaM will be more feasible.     Hardaway would be a great fit. 

15 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

For Wall? You'd have to gut the team to cover his 47M final year. Don't want Wall.

No you wouldn't.  The cap and luxury tax threshold will go up.  Will be about like having Chandler on the team except Wall will be playing.