Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Seattle Gets NHL Franchise

I realize this isn't directly related to the Grizzlies and for that I apologize but Seattle getting an NHL team does seem to have a small impact on the Memphis Grizzlies. For a long time people have said as soon as the contract is up at FedEx Forum the Grizzlies are going to Seattle. That is not as sure a thing now that Seattle is getting an NHL team.  

Does this news make anyone else feel better about the franchise staying in Memphis past the 2021 season (when the lease no move clause is up) or even the 2027 season when the lease has expired?    

Had to bring this up, didn't you...😁

Vegas will get a NBA team within 5 years. Portlands and New Orleans owners passing away may also change things. I don't see the Blazers moving, but easily see N.O. hitting the road. The thing about Vegas is they said a few years ago that they would get 3 major sports teams there in a decade. Nobody paid attention, then they went and got a NHL & NFL team. Now they claim they will get a NBA team through relocation - not expansion. 

About Seattle though, a NHL team definitely puts getting a NBA team on the back burner. If they make money hand over fist then they will be back in the hunt.

I hear the NBA referees are pushing hard for a team in Las Vegas but they don't want the Tunica, I mean Memphis, franchise to be relocated. 

Just teasing guys. Please don't take this seriously. It was only a Donaghy sarcastic remark.  

No this doesnt make me feel better. Also, mods, this doesn’t belong here, can we move this to the Off Topic forum?

5 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

No this doesnt make me feel better. Also, mods, this doesn’t belong here, can we move this to the Off Topic forum?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There is always one guy that asks threads to be moved, and it isn't you. Now, who is that guy again? I can't seem to remember...  :lol:

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There is always one guy that asks threads to be moved, and it isn't you. Now, who is that guy again? I can't seem to remember...  :lol:

Re-read the opening sentence. I acknowledge this could be beyond the scope of Grizz Talk. I have no problem with this being moved.

Will Seattle get extra-favorable expansion draft rules like Vegas got but Columbus, Nashville, and Minnesota didn't?

My guess is they will.  

Staples Center has 2 NBA teams plus an NHL team plus concerts.

Don't assume Seattle won't also get an NBA team.  

42 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Re-read the opening sentence. I acknowledge this could be beyond the scope of Grizz Talk. I have no problem with this being moved.

No. I'm not re-reading anything because someone lacks a sense of humor.

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It doesn't need to be moved, although it could have been put in one of the other threads that talks about Seattle that are on this board:

Seattle updates arena to attract NBA/NHL teams

Seattle and expansion

https://boards.grizzliesonline.com/topic/20632-grizz-to-seattle/

You're right. I should have done a search first. 

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It doesn't need to be moved, although it could have been put in one of the other threads that talks about Seattle that are on this board:

Seattle updates arena to attract NBA/NHL teams

Seattle and expansion

https://boards.grizzliesonline.com/topic/20632-grizz-to-seattle/

Way to pull a Moses Malone and do a little stat stuffing G- vet. One of the three examples is a link to this thread! :lol:

Disclaimer: For those born without a funny bone, this post is 100% humor intended.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I’m on record for hating this attitude on the boards.  Yeah, I know most of the replies to Chip are tongue in cheek, but the boards aren’t what they used to be.     New information on a topic like this is deserving of a new thread IMO.

If anyone disagrees, I motion that all game threads be regulated to Chip’s going away post from over 7000 posts ago (because everyone here was too negative?).

10 hours ago, JJJTG said:

I’m on record for hating this attitude on the boards.  Yeah, I know most of the replies to Chip are tongue in cheek, but the boards aren’t what they used to be.     New information on a topic like this is deserving of a new thread IMO.

If anyone disagrees, I motion that all game threads be regulated to Chip’s going away post from over 7000 posts ago (because everyone here was too negative?).

I know right? 

That being said, where’s that slacking mod Take or whatever his name is. Throw this thread in the waste bin 🚮

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

I know right? 

That being said, where’s that slacking mod Take or whatever his name is. Throw this thread in the waste bin 🚮

Break out the demerit cannon!

17 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Way to pull a Moses Malone and do a little stat stuffing G- vet. One of the three examples is a link to this thread! :lol:

Disclaimer: For those born without a funny bone, this post is 100% humor intended.

I'm more of a Ricky Davis man myself.

17 hours ago, chipc3 said:

It's really not a big deal IMO, but I was never one to play the role of hall monitor.