oldmanGrizz

Welcome Joakim Noah!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

So will the free agent signing soon go down with an injury too?

Shhhh. (whisper voice) You aren't supposed to point that out.

Besides, we sign them Because they are injured and nobody else wants them. Wright -injured, Vince - injured, Parsons - mega injured, Reke - the league thought he was injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck here in Memphis Joakim. I hope you shock all the doubters with your solid play this season. Memphis would love you if you did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome joakim lets show MEMPHIS some of that Florida gators magic you had there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uh oh, I dont even want to think of another injured free agent signing by CWallace &Co.    So assuming normal health, does the Noah signing make good sense for MEM?  I mean we consistently get outrebounded by most teams.  Noah can help with that.  We need more rim protection besides Marc late in the game.  (Marc isnt going to protect much early in the game for fear of foul trouble and JJJ is a human foul machine sometimes).

We know Noah is NOT going to contribute points, right?   He has been brought here to back up Marc so Marc can get more rest.   I assume Noah and run to the rim cause I know he cant shoot.   

I guess Im somewhat excited about the signing for the league vet min.   I feel like he can help us--especially with rebounding.  What says the board?   What does Noah bring to the table that could help MEM make that playoff push?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

uh oh, I dont even want to think of another injured free agent signing by CWallace &Co.    So assuming normal health, does the Noah signing make good sense for MEM?  I mean we consistently get outrebounded by most teams.  Noah can help with that.  We need more rim protection besides Marc late in the game.  (Marc isnt going to protect much early in the game for fear of foul trouble and JJJ is a human foul machine sometimes).

We know Noah is NOT going to contribute points, right?   He has been brought here to back up Marc so Marc can get more rest.   I assume Noah and run to the rim cause I know he cant shoot.   

I guess Im somewhat excited about the signing for the league vet min.   I feel like he can help us--especially with rebounding.  What says the board?   What does Noah bring to the table that could help MEM make that playoff push?

assuming he's healthy and hasn't lost too many steps hes a really good defender, passer and rebounder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has added confidence to everyone on the team, which we didn't see coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This move really looks like it is going to work out. He is fiery, and looks to be in decent shape still. Hopefully it means we can give Gasol a rest one of the games in the back to back. He has been dealing with a lot of nagging injuries and needs a rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

He has added confidence to everyone on the team, which we didn't see coming. 

He's always struck me as a guy you have next to you in the trenches.

And also has that makeup which makes him worthy of the G & G culture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did that irritating fast hand clap thing he does ! And ... as a GRIZZ - I love it !!! He does a lot of little things to get in guys heads ... I watched him specifically when he was on the floor .

At first he looked like he just didn’t wanna mess up - he deferred ...

Then when the ball came his way - he hadda shoot it ... he MADE it and he celebrated like he won a chip ... ( we did too !) 

Welcome to the M my man .

Lets get it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good addition.  I think all 4 bigs will play a role throughout the season, especially when the injury big hits.

This might be a good time to reassign Rabb to the Hustle for some games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The grizzlies are by far the best defense in the league when Marc and Jaren are on the court together. But 5th in the league overall. I believe that Noah will move the grizzlies to being the best overall defense in the leaque now that he have a guy that can rim protect once Gasol goes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Good addition.  I think all 4 bigs will play a role throughout the season, especially when the injury big hits.

This might be a good time to reassign Rabb to the Hustle for some games.

Rabb did pretty well the other night with the Hustle. I hope he can keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Noah and Lebron James got into it during the playoffs a few years ago? 

James dunked the ball and stared Noah down, Noah came back at him and said "$#@& you, you're still a &$#@+.

I like that he won't take $#-& off anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Rabb did pretty well the other night with the Hustle. I hope he can keep it up.

I liked Rabb but I think they're done with him.

Noah's energy was awesome last night. He stays unless he gets hurt imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Remember when Noah and Lebron James got into it during the playoffs a few years ago? 

James dunked the ball and stared Noah down, Noah came back at him and said "$#@& you, you're still a &$#@+.

I like that he won't take $#-& off anyone.

hah, upon looking at youtube, he and Bron really do not like each other.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

hah, upon looking at youtube, he and Bron really do not like each other.

 

That's fine by me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now