Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs LA Clippers - 12/5/18

2 hours ago, Myers said:

Great win, West is a dog fight right now, except the Suns they're all in contention for PO. 

Jo-No is like Matt Barnes: hateful opponent, pretty useful as a Grizzly. 

Yep, we need Dillon back... and #freeJevon

Regarding Noah...he brings a certain energy that is very useful.  When he got his first points, you could feel the energy in the building rise.

He's got some fire.  The level headed, high IQ guys we have are great, but you need a fiery personality or two as well.

1 hour ago, CarloJ63 said:

Regarding Noah...he brings a certain energy that is very useful.  When he got his first points, you could feel the energy in the building rise.

He's got some fire.  The level headed, high IQ guys we have are great, but you need a fiery personality or two as well.

Was  it was Tokyo who said we need a crazy guy? I think Noah fits the bill

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Do you perceive him as being against us?

No, of course not, but he’s the only boogeyman left since Joey Crawford retired.

Plus...

10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Whoever it was hating on Marshon ... you’ve got it wrong- he is out there specifically to hunt shots - he’s the only offensive weapon we have on the floor when he’s out there.

Yep check this out for irony.

Marshon has a 12.10 PER and shooting .43% from the field.

Tyreke has a 11.53 PER and shooting .37% from the field?!?

Marshon is a better locker-room presence and gives more effort on defense and a fraction of the cost.   I think he is going to continue to improve as his role becomes more steady.    And was it just me or was he better against defensive pressure of PatBev and Avery than Mack was?

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep check this out for irony.

Marshon has a 12.10 PER and shooting .43% from the field.

Tyreke has a 11.53 PER and shooting .37% from the field?!?

Marshon is a better locker-room presence and gives more effort on defense and a fraction of the cost.   I think he is going to continue to improve as his role becomes more steady.    And was it just me or was he better against defensive pressure of PatBev and Avery than Mack was?

Marshon was better against the defensive pressure. I'm not sure why Mack has so much trouble when he's pressed full-court.

7 hours ago, Allen said:

Was  it was Tokyo who said we need a crazy guy? I think Noah fits the bill

Yup ! 

always gotta have some crazy on your team ... 

I’m telling y’all... watch that nutty clap real hard in their faces move he has !

love it!

its SURE to get under somebody’s skin

I,m very happy we won that game last night. GREAT EFFORT  in the 4th if mike did not foul out last week in L.A  this would have been a nice sweep

the grizzlies are a better team than the clipper you can take that for DATA

1 hour ago, lions said:

the grizzlies are a better team than the clipper you can take that for DATA

LOL

That phrase is iconic

11 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

No, of course not, but he’s the only boogeyman left since Joey Crawford retired.

Plus...

Ken Mauer is still around.  I'll never forget that double-overtime loss to the struggling Kobe/Pau Lakers when we had been on a roll with a winning streak and were up by about twenty when the guys with whistles had to make sure the darling Lakers won.  We put up a franchise record number of shots (most of 'em by Zach and Marc in the paint) and the Lakers only fouled us twice.  Prompted a careful comment to the press from Heisley.  Ain't he in the boogeyman club?

EDIT:  My memory must be getting cloudy.  I checked the box score.  That was 2012 season.  No Zbo - out with injury.  It was Speights paired with Marc that game.  Still, we got hosed.  Five total free throws and, if I remember correctly, two were technicals. two shooting fouls, one on TA and an and-one for Mo.

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Ken Mauer is still around.  I'll never forget that double-overtime loss to the struggling Kobe/Pau Lakers when we had been on a roll with a winning streak and were up by about twenty when the guys with whistles had to make sure the darling Lakers won.  We put up a franchise record number of shots (most of 'em by Zach and Marc in the paint) and the Lakers only fouled us twice.  Prompted a careful comment to the press from Heisley.  Ain't he in the boogeyman club?

EDIT:  My memory must be getting cloudy.  I checked the box score.  That was 2012 season.  No Zbo - out with injury.  It was Speights paired with Marc that game.  Still, we got hosed.  Five total free throws and, if I remember correctly, two were technicals. two shooting fouls, one on TA and an and-one for Mo.

And over 30 free throws for Koby and Co. in Memphis.

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Ken Mauer is still alive? I didn’t realize. He’s most definitely in the club.