From Twitter:

175 players have attempted more than 150 FG's in 2018-19.

Of those 175 players, Ntilikina is the only player with an eFG% below 40% and a True Shooting Percentage south of 43%.

One could make an argument that he has been literally the NBA’s least efficient offensive player...

Makes sense -- a team in need of perimeter offense will look to acquire one of the least efficient offensive players in the league this season. 

Why would we do that to ourselves? 

8 hours ago, Dwash said:

Trash.

Exactly

This would be a really dumb move

Would much rather take a chance on Fultz. Despite his issues, I think he is a low risk high reward type of young talent we should be looking for.

We have our defensive minded point guard of the future in Carter. Obviously he isn't as big, but I think most people project he will have more of an offensive game then Frank. I do want Fultz however. I want at least 1 developmental project if we are going to have so many vets on the team and Selden ain't it.

2 hours ago, Grizball said:

Would much rather take a chance on Fultz. Despite his issues, I think he is a low risk high reward type of young talent we should be looking for.

Totally agreed.  I doubt he can ever be the superstar that some predicted at this point, but I think most of his issues are clearly just psychological in nature, so who knows, maybe a fresh start somewhere is all he needs to get out of his own head.  

I don't know. I have a different take than most. I'm not sure what we would give up to obtain him but if it's just him and no deadweight filler for non-rotational players well, why not. Plan for the future. I seriously would put him in the G League for the rest of the year. Wasn't he supposed to be a PG coming into the league?

I wouldn't mind giving up trash to acquire him and have him in the G-League to develop and then see what he has next year. He had some type of talent at some point to be a lottery pick. Let's be honest. The Knicks organization is a dumpster fire. i don't blame him for not thriving there. Many don't. 

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Totally agreed.  I doubt he can ever be the superstar that some predicted at this point, but I think most of his issues are clearly just psychological in nature, so who knows, maybe a fresh start somewhere is all he needs to get out of his own head.  

Another reason for giving Fultz a look ... I seem to recall Mike Conley working with a sports psychologist early in his career.  So if anyone can relate to the young man, it could be Mike.

Whatever happens to Fultz, it looks to be more than just a question of confidence. I get a seriously bad vibe about him and the people he works with. He may fit the profile we should be aiming for, but in his case I think I'd take a pass.

It’s because of whatever baggage and issues that come with him that makes his trade value so low. I saw some so called experts suggesting a first round pick or something for him but seriously I don’t think any team would offer that for him. My guess is a package of Green and maybe Marshon and a future 2nd should be good enough. If we can get him back on the right track, a future core of Fultz and JJJ would be something to watch.

9 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't know. I have a different take than most. I'm not sure what we would give up to obtain him but if it's just him and no deadweight filler for non-rotational players well, why not. Plan for the future. I seriously would put him in the G League for the rest of the year. Wasn't he supposed to be a PG coming into the league?

I wouldn't mind giving up trash to acquire him and have him in the G-League to develop and then see what he has next year. He had some type of talent at some point to be a lottery pick. Let's be honest. The Knicks organization is a dumpster fire. i don't blame him for not thriving there. Many don't. 

100%  I am with you.   On another thread it was suggested as Clee+Frank for JaM+Temple.   Basically a capspace move for Knicks and a young talent grab for us.    If the plan is for us to remain competitive as long as we have Mike and Marc on books then its possible we won't be adding lottery talent anytime soon. This is a plan for the future move (which folks around here criticize FO for all the time).   It's like some fans dont understand there are more ways to get lottery talent outside of tanking and trading your best players.  

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/frank-ntilikina

Strengths: Elite size for a point guard with very good athleticism and quickness … Impressive wingspan (close to 7 ft)… Very mature for his age with a good basketball IQ … He has a thin frame, but his body structure suggests that he can add weight and increase his muscle tone nicely … A true point guard with a “pass first” mentality … He can control the pace of the game nicely … Excellent passer with great court vision … He is always looking to find the open teammate … He can pass on the move and also while penetrating … Excels on the open court and loves to run the break … Great ball handler … He has a nice hesitation dribble and he has also an improving crossover dribble on his repertoire … Possesses an explosive first step … Really good on ISO situations thanks to his athleticism, length and excellent ball handling … He can create his own shoot and score off the dribble from mid-range and has also a floater as a counter move … When he has time to gather he can finish strong at the rim… Improving 3-point shooter… He is already very good on Pick and Roll situations as the ball handler, because he shows patience and is always looking for the right choice … His body and physical tools are his biggest weapons on Defense … He has great lateral quickness which helps him stay in front of his man … When he is motivated on Defense he can be a lockdown defender … His length and athleticism help him make a lot of steals … Versatile defender with the potential to guard multiple positions in the future … He has a high upside… 

Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Frank-Ntilikina-77051/ ©DraftExpress

Not as well-known among the casual fan as the college guards, Ntilikina is a high-floor prospect who is destined for, at the very least, a long career as a versatile, two-way player with a high IQ and professional approach to the game. With the physical profile of an NBA two guard (6'6 with a 7-foot wingspan and a projectable frame) and a high motor, Ntilikina projects as a three-position defender who can make a spot up three, play off of closeouts, execute the simple pass while on or off the ball, and use his long strides to slither his way to the rim out of pick and roll. A high character young man by way of Belgium (the son of Rwandan refugees), Ntilikina should be viewed as more of a slow and steady' prospect who isn't likely to provide much wow factor out of the gates like a De'Aaron Fox or Dennis Smith might. - Ntilikina plays somewhat of a calculated game, and he's not all that explosive or shifty with the ball, making it essential that he's brought along slowly on the offensive end, being used as a defender/secondary ball handler in his NBA minutes, while playing strictly on the ball in the D-League.   Ntilikina is eventually going to be rock solid in almost any situation, because he's a willing defender with length, possesses a strong feel for the game, has pro experience at the ripe age of 18, and has turned himself into a fairly reliable shooter with time and space. Where Ntilikina may falter is if he's thrust into a huge role as a lead guard early on in his career. - 

Fultz is way more risky even tho his ceiling is much higher than Franks.    Frank is going to get paid less than 5m this season and next while Fultz will cost you almost 10m next.   Not to mention there isn't anything physically or psychologically wrong with Frank but we have no idea whats going on with Fultz.   I also believe it will take more to get Markelle than it would Frank asset-wise. 

So if an expiring contract can get me last years #8 pick - I am jumping all over that.   On same note if expiring can get me #1 pick than i may do that too. 

GTF, if he has so many good attributes why is the Knicks trying to move him when his salary isn't that much of a burden?

Question 2:

Why was Fizdale praising him when he took over the coaching role, in fact you could describe it as glowing praise, but now he is a regular DNP-CD?

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

GTF, if he has so many good attributes why is the Knicks trying to move him when his salary isn't that much of a burden?

Question 2:

Why was Fizdale praising him when he took over the coaching role, in fact you could describe it as glowing praise, but now he is a regular DNP-CD?

Answer1: Its the Knicks?!?!  have you see their track record?

Answer2: It's Fiz!?!?  He who compared JaMychal to Draymond on his first day here then went to Knicks and compared Lance Thomas to Draymond his first day there.  He also compared Parsons to Lebron..........   Let's just say Fiz isn't always the best talent evaluator. 

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Answer1: Its the Knicks?!?!  have you see their track record?

Answer2: It's Fiz!?!?  He who compared JaMychal to Draymond on his first day here then went to Knicks and compared Lance Thomas to Draymond his first day there.  He also compared Parsons to Lebron..........   Let's just say Fiz isn't always the best talent evaluator. 

Fizz is an excitable fella...seems to not play well with the Euro players. Let’s snatch him up if we can for cheap (2nd rd pick + ____ Rabb?)

1 hour ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Fizz is an excitable fella...seems to not play well with the Euro players. Let’s snatch him up if we can for cheap (2nd rd pick + ____ Rabb?)

I would def pull the trigger on that.

J.B. to Wallace: Chris, we need a scorer.

Wallace: I'm on it J.B. - calls Knicks about Ntilikina

4 hours ago, Father Pat said:

J.B. to Wallace: Chris, we need a scorer.

Wallace: I'm on it J.B. - calls Knicks about Ntilikina

Lol.

I dont understand some suggesting CLee and not Hardaway Jr.

Now THJ/Ntilkina for Jam/Temple and throwins would work for me!

14 hours ago, Grizball said:

It’s because of whatever baggage and issues that come with him that makes his trade value so low. I saw some so called experts suggesting a first round pick or something for him but seriously I don’t think any team would offer that for him. My guess is a package of Green and maybe Marshon and a future 2nd should be good enough. If we can get him back on the right track, a future core of Fultz and JJJ would be something to watch.

I don't want to give up Jam for him,  givem seldon and Marshon 

7 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

If he doesn't like Euro players hell with Ntilikina, let's get Porzingis!  He was the one that liked Selden so much!  Selden + filler + protected second-round pick for Kristaps!!!!

New lineup - 

Anderson

Conley

JJJ

Porzingis

Gasol

44 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

If he doesn't like Euro players hell with Ntilikina, let's get Porzingis!  He was the one that liked Selden so much!  Selden + filler + protected second-round pick for Kristaps!!!!

New lineup - 

Anderson

Conley

JJJ

Porzingis

Gasol

Oh man that's funny, I'll pay that gag