Grizzled Vet

#9 pick in draft watch - how many wins do you think it will take

Honestly, the 3 teams directly above them may be attainable because they all have incentive to lose, and with KAT's news, Minnesota might shut him down, and of their 16 games remaining, they have NYK, Charlotte (still competing for playoffs), Memphis, Dallas, and the remaining teams are all playoff bound.

That's not a lot of wins coming their way.  Ditto on the Lakers.  Pelicans on the other hand has a lot of potential wins on their hands, and may have a softer schedule then the Grizzlies.

Heck all those teams just need to win because we all know that with the Lakers not making the playoffs, the magical ping-pong ball is going to come up with the Lakers number on it... book it!

I don't want to jinx it but things are looking up for conveying the pick this year...

22 hours ago, grizlsg said:

Heck all those teams just need to win because we all know that with the Lakers not making the playoffs, the magical ping-pong ball is going to come up with the Lakers number on it... book it!

We were just talking about magic ping pong balls today...

I can definitely see them bouncing la’s way... hate it - but it is what is always has been...

We are now 7th in the standings, as we just jumped Dallas (who is a shocking 1-9 in the last 10). We are .5 games back from Washington, and just 1 game back from the Pelicans for 9th. 

Let's see what we do against Washington. Thery also play Charlotte ( who is almost dead) beforer playing us. If they beat Charlotte and beat us, then we will probably go in the draft.  Does it means that we need to go to full  tank mode if we loose this game?

9 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Let's see what we do against Washington. Thery also play Charlotte ( who is almost dead) beforer playing us. If they beat Charlotte and beat us, then we will probably go in the draft.  Does it means that we need to go to full  tank mode if we loose this game?

interesting question... that loss last night was bad for our convey standings. I had faith that we could win a good number of our remaining games but i'm not so sure anymore.

Need to beat the Washington, New Orleans and Hawks of the NBA to convey this pick. That game last night was embarrassing 

8th is still a good spot because it has a 39% convey chance with a 26% top 4 chance.

We still have a shot at the Mega Bowl. 

Wizards (29 wins), Pelicans (30 wins), Hornets (30 wins), and Lakers (31 wins).

Grizzlies (28 wins) are 7th and need to jump 2 of the bums. Upcoming games include Wizards and Hornets.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mega+bowl+semi+pro&view=detail&mid=316ED51DCDA29F526B70316ED51DCDA29F526B70&FORM=VIRE

13 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Does it mean that 8 or 9 does not make a big difference? 

8 is a 65% chance to convey or be top 4.

9 is a 100% chance to convey or be top 4.

Despite the last two games Team Convey is still looking pretty good imo. Need to steal a game at home or maybe on the road in Orlando. Also, how they handle Conley on their b2b will be critical.

Wizards have a tough stretch that should sink them and put them in vacation mode. 

Dallas winning tonight against the Pelicans.  Then they have a really tough stretch where they should go on a big losing streak and then they play Memphis twice.

If NO loses tonight, Grizz will have two less wins and one less loss. Cant see Holiday returning this year so that should toast them.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After last night, the Grizzlies have officially been eliminated from the playoff race.

After

sooo many years of trying to get into the playoffs...

a few more years trying only to not get swept out of the first round

years taken to finally win a series ( fact that it happened against the Spurs made it even sweeter as they were our Goliath )

grit and grind nobody wanted to play the blue bears in the Grindhouse good old years

finally to this - being officially mathematically eliminated from the playoffs ... 

can we pick ourselves back up quick enough to avoid years of no playoff ball ?

or is this back to our Pau , Shane, Stro , Mike, (ugh , whoever else we had ) days where the goal was just to - what was the goal ? Something something ‘dunkyland’ ...

we had just gotten good enough to where average nba fans at least knew who we were ... now - not so much .

I’m hoping that we have enough talent currently on the roster that can get healthy in the offseason and have us to where we can make a shrewd trade or two to get us back in this thing as quickly as next season.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Looking good fellow conveyers!

I would like top 4 and would LOVE to get Zion but I think 8 might not be a great pick (or picking at 8 will be dicey).  

I think the top 7 are gonna be Zion, RJ, Ja, Culver, Hunter, Garland, and Reddish in some order.  Who's 8?  We have some boom/bust wings there and Tier 2/Tier 3 bigs. Brandon Clarke could be interesting but we already have Jaren/Jonas/Rabb and Clarke really isn't a 3.  

9 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I would like top 4 and would LOVE to get Zion but I think 8 might not be a great pick (or picking at 8 will be dicey).  

I think the top 7 are gonna be Zion, RJ, Ja, Culver, Hunter, Garland, and Reddish in some order.  Who's 8?  We have some boom/bust wings there and Tier 2/Tier 3 bigs. Brandon Clarke could be interesting but we already have Jaren/Jonas/Rabb and Clarke really isn't a 3.  

The Hawks are mocked to pick Hayes with Dallas's pick in a lot of the ones I've seen. Coby White is shooting up the ranks too.

37 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

The Hawks are mocked to pick Hayes with Dallas's pick in a lot of the ones I've seen. Coby White is shooting up the ranks too.

Supposedly Hayes doesn't rebound. And, he's hurt.  

Coby's good.  If we are in that 6-8 range he should definitely be looked at.  I can see Conley/Coby/Bradley/Delon being a nice guard core, but man that is small.  I would prefer Culver/Hunter but Coby might be a better bet than Reddish.