Grizzled Vet

#9 pick in draft watch - how many wins do you think it will take

50 minutes ago, Dwash said:

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

I am thinking 8th is the place to be. I really dont care about being 6th or 8th in this draft, you wont get a guaranteed star either way. Its Deandre Hunter or Romeo Langford. Who cares? Here is what you get at the 8th spot.

A 26.2% chance to be a top 4 pick

A 34.5% chance of staying at 8.

A 39.3% chance of picking 9-11.(convey)

I would not be surprised if this is the internal goal.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies currently sit in 6th place, one win behind Dallas for 6th place too. They are four wins behind New Orleans to get the 9th spot in the lottery. 

Actually the Grizzlies are just three wins behind Charlotte and Miami. Those teams have a better winning percentage than New Orleans however. If they go into full tank mode it is possible for the Grizzlies to catch them since the Grizzlies have the easier schedule remaining. 

12 hours ago, Dwash said:

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

I am thinking 8th is the place to be. I really dont care about being 6th or 8th in this draft, you wont get a guaranteed star either way. Its Deandre Hunter or Romeo Langford. Who cares? Here is what you get at the 8th spot.

A 26.2% chance to be a top 4 pick

A 34.5% chance of staying at 8.

A 39.3% chance of picking 9-11.(convey)

I would not be surprised if this is the internal goal.

Why wouldn't the 9th spot be the place to be?

Odds of conveying are way better and you have 0% chance at getting stuck in no man's land (picks 5-8). Yet still have a 17% chance at top 4...

3 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Why wouldn't the 9th spot be the place to be?

Odds of conveying are way better and you have 0% chance at getting stuck in no man's land (picks 5-8). Yet still have a 17% chance at top 4...

It is, but I dont think they can catch anyone but Dallas or Washington right now.

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

It is, but I dont think they can catch anyone but Dallas or Washington right now.

Got ya and yeah I agree. 8 is probably the furthest we could advance.

One of Hunter, Culver, Langford or Garland would still be there. Most likely 2 of them because someone will probably take Hayes in the top 8.

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Lakers putting restrictions on Bron. They hitting the tank button.

Probably a good move, and if LeBron is benched, both of these outcomes are possible (or at least wouldn't be shocking.  

1- They are now at 30 wins, and without LeBron, they end up at 31 wins.

2- They are now at 30 wins, and without LeBron, they end up winning 10 of last 17 (40 wins total).

That Lakers team is so funky, nothing would surprise me.

And speaking of funky teams, I could see Grizzlies finishing with 34 wins (8-8 to close), but I think 29 is much more likely.

(Luke Walton Grizzlies coach next year?)

I don't really like Luke Walton as a coach. He's a big part of the blame for how this year has gone for them. He trots out lineups repeatedly that just don't work with one another. I haven't paid too much attention to how his actually game management and planning is, but the Lakers also suck, so he should get at least some blame for that. 

17 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I don't really like Luke Walton as a coach. He's a big part of the blame for how this year has gone for them. He trots out lineups repeatedly that just don't work with one another. I haven't paid too much attention to how his actually game management and planning is, but the Lakers also suck, so he should get at least some blame for that. 

I think the biggest men to be blame is Lebron himself. When you push to trade half of your team mate in the middle of the season and it failed, do not expect much from them in return.

For me, the lakers could win more games with Lebron benched . 

11 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I think the biggest men to be blame is Lebron himself. When you push to trade half of your team mate in the middle of the season and it failed, do not expect much from them in return.

For me, the lakers could win more games with Lebron benched . 

Well they had 18 games I think without him and were mostly at full strength and went 4-14. Just not the case. 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well they had 18 games I think without him and were mostly at full strength and went 4-14. Just not the case. 

Yep, and I don't thing LBJ should get the blame for wanting to trade most of the team for AD and the disharmony those rumours caused, that should be on Magic Johnson, he pretty much caused all the disharmony, within the team and with Walton

One of the discussion points during the season was what a poorly constructed roster that Magic and Pelinka had thrown together.

They had a young core of players that want their playing time, but they also brought in a group of vets on 1 year type deals that are trying to get their next contract (McGee, Lance, Beasley, Rondo), with almost all of them having a past where teams found out that subtracting them from a roster would be better than having them there.

Probably the best poster on this board cautioned about the problems LeBron might have in making the playoffs because of that roster and the unpredictability of the characters on that team.

I don't think it is a Walton thing.

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

One of the discussion points during the season was what a poorly constructed roster that Magic and Pelinka had thrown together.

They had a young core of players that want their playing time, but they also brought in a group of vets on 1 year type deals that are trying to get their next contract (McGee, Lance, Beasley, Rondo), with almost all of them having a past where teams found out that subtracting them from a roster would be better than having them there.

Probably the best poster on this board cautioned about the problems LeBron might have in making the playoffs because of that roster and the unpredictability of the characters on that team.

I don't think it is a Walton thing.

Perfect example why its not smart to fill out a team with vet Mercs.   Need a sprinkling of stable vets on the team with your young prospects for balance.

Tied in the W column for #8, the slot that gives us a 39% chance to convey.

2.5 back of the Pelicans who just announced Jrue Holiday will be out 10 days with a strained abdomen (wink wink).

we got to win the next 3 games, and they are all winnable

Tank alert: Ball/Ingram shut down for the season. Kuzma injured...probably next...with Lebrons minute restriction.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Tank alert: Ball/Ingram shut down for the season. Kuzma injured...probably next...with Lebrons minute restriction.

Yes, they're in hard tanking. Alex Caruso played 30 minutes!!!!

Lebron plays only because of the all time points record I think.

Tied for 8th cuzzzz!!!

Next in line, 1.5 back of the tanking Pelicans who got the Bucks and Blazers this week!  While we go to Atlanta and Wizards.

Could be in 9th place this week.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Tied for 8th cuzzzz!!!

Next in line, 1.5 back of the tanking Pelicans who got the Bucks and Blazers this week!  While we go to Atlanta and Wizards.

Could be in 9th place this week.

Yeah man we're definitely conveying barring lotto luck. Now it's all about finding a way to stick at 9 so we have a decent shot at landing in the top-4 but no chance of landing in the dreaded 5-8 zone. That'll be tough to manufacture.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah man we're definitely conveying barring lotto luck. Now it's all about finding a way to stick at 9 so we have a decent shot at landing in the top-4 but no chance of landing in the dreaded 5-8 zone. That'll be tough to manufacture.

Yeah thats gone be so hard to do. Both the Lakers and Pelicans are coming for that spot.

I think we need to get 34 wins to secure the 9th spot, which is to win 6 the remaining 14 games. ATL and WAS have been playing well too after the all star break.