Grizzled Vet

#9 pick in draft watch - how many wins do you think it will take

I think this team is getting a #7 pick in this year's draft. (6th in position, but predict jumped by at least 1 team in the  lottery that is behind them)

They will be top 4 in 2020. Another 23 win season on the horizon. Last in West. No more than 3 teams in East below them.

The Celtics will get a top 4 pick in 2021, and given the luck of the teams involved, it will be a #1 pick.

Now that JJJ is out for awhile, we getting a top 3 pick. So I guess there's that. Just start the rebuild, no need to convey this year. 

What are you guys talking about? The goal was to keep the pick and it’s all going according to plan.

We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.

8 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Now that JJJ is out for awhile, we getting a top 3 pick. So I guess there's that. Just start the rebuild, no need to convey this year. 

JJJ being out actually may give us a chance to win more games. 

I’m telling y’all, if we convey the pick this year there won’t be any reason to pay attention to the team for next season at all. And then we will be tanking for TWO seasons after that. 

The FO is basically saying we are gonna be trash in 21 

8 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Please explain.

Hard to be effective when you can’t stay on the floor. Cant rebound. Ivan is more effective and when JV comes back between the 3 of them may easily service that position until the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Hard to be effective when you can’t stay on the floor. Cant rebound. Ivan is more effective and when JV comes back between the 3 of them may easily service that position until the end of the season. 

Can agree to disagree. This team is better with JJJ on the floor imo.

16 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Can agree to disagree. This team is better with JJJ on the floor imo.

For all of 18 minutes a game. If he doesn’t foul twice in the first minute. 

Man that Cleveland or Chicago game woulda been big. Still, it isnt completely gone if they can pull off a mini streak.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:26 AM, Myers said:

We'll finish with the 8th pick... classic Grizzlies.

But I really enjoyed the Lakers game.

This is what I fear will happen as well. If they finish 6th, 2 teams will jump them in the lottery.  If they finish 7th, 1 team will jump them.  If they finish 8th, nobody jumps them (although there is a 32% chance someone does).  

Remaining games for teams near Grizzlies

Grizzlies (17 games with 8 against teams over .500) 25-40

Wizards (19/7) 26-37

Dallas (19/10) 27-36

T'Wolves (19/10) 29-34

Pelicans (16/10) 30-36

Hawks (17/11) 22-43

Given the way Dallas has played lately, they are going to try to get the 6th spot to improve their draft lottery odds.  The Wizards still have a better shot of getting to the playoffs than the Kings or Lakers do.

Whether the grizzlies try to win or lose, they are finishing at #6 (pre lottery).

21 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This is what I fear will happen as well. If they finish 6th, 2 teams will jump them in the lottery.  If they finish 7th, 1 team will jump them.  If they finish 8th, nobody jumps them (although there is a 32% chance someone does).  

Remaining games for teams near Grizzlies

Grizzlies (17 games with 8 against teams over .500) 25-40

Wizards (19/7) 26-37

Dallas (19/10) 27-36

T'Wolves (19/10) 29-34

Pelicans (16/10) 30-36

Hawks (17/11) 22-43

Given the way Dallas has played lately, they are going to try to get the 6th spot to improve their draft lottery odds.  The Wizards still have a better shot of getting to the playoffs than the Kings or Lakers do.

Whether the grizzlies try to win or lose, they are finishing at #6 (pre lottery).

Yep.

Dallas pick is 1-5 protected for this season and the next, otherwise it go to the Hawks.

after stealing Doncic with 5th pick, I can see them finish 4th after the lottery... then next year they'll be probably in the PO run with Porz+Luka. I watched today their Brooklin game and they're clearly tanking and running Dirk's last dance. 

Our last chance to convey is to go 4-1 in the next five games. I still hope for it, because I fear that next year we'll be the worst team in the West.

31 minutes ago, Myers said:

Yep.

Dallas pick is 1-5 protected for this season and the next, otherwise it go to the Hawks.

after stealing Doncic with 5th pick, I can see them finish 4th after the lottery... then next year they'll be probably in the PO run with Porz+Luka. I watched today their Brooklin game and they're clearly tanking and running Dirk's last dance. 

Our last chance to convey is to go 4-1 in the next five games. I still hope for it, because I fear that next year we'll be the worst team in the West.

I predict we will have a top 6 pick this year, a top 3 next year and Boston will have our pick in 2021

17 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

I predict we will have a top 6 pick this year, a top 3 next year and Boston will have our pick in 2021

And that’s what we should hope for. If not, you are punting/tanking in 2021. Now that might now sound far off but just think how miserable these last two seasons have been. Plus JJJ will be in his 4th season then

46 minutes ago, BAMAFREAK said:

And that’s what we should hope for. If not, you are punting/tanking in 2021. Now that might now sound far off but just think how miserable these last two seasons have been. Plus JJJ will be in his 4th season then

But then, lets say, we will have Culver, Wiseman and Jaren as our core 3. I dont care if we loose this  year and next year if this is the end of the tunnel

17 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

But then, lets say, we will have Culver, Wiseman and Jaren as our core 3. I dont care if we loose this  year and next year if this is the end of the tunnel

The problem is you have to lose this year, next year and the year after to HOPE for that outcome. Are you going to buy season tickets to see if that happens?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

The problem is you have to lose this year, next year and the year after to HOPE for that outcome. Are you going to buy season tickets to see if that happens?

If I was able to do so, I would, because its better to watch a young team fighting for a Playoff spot and fail with a promissing future than a 6th-8th seed that will never win a title.

And for the matter of the argument we would loose just for the rest of this year and next year.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

I am thinking 8th is the place to be. I really dont care about being 6th or 8th in this draft, you wont get a guaranteed star either way. Its Deandre Hunter or Romeo Langford. Who cares? Here is what you get at the 8th spot.

A 26.2% chance to be a top 4 pick

A 34.5% chance of staying at 8.

A 39.3% chance of picking 9-11.(convey)

I would not be surprised if this is the internal goal.

17 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I am thinking 8th is the place to be. I really dont care about being 6th or 8th in this draft, you wont get a guaranteed star either way. Its Deandre Hunter or Romeo Langford. Who cares? Here is what you get at the 8th spot.

Good point

34 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Kevin Porter should also be available there too.   We need a dynamic scorer and he fits the bill.