LuvThem Grizzlies

JJJ has arrived ahead of schedule

11 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Bash you - too sensitive my man. When you post an opinion that is completely opposite to everyone else’s, there will be strong disagreements. You shouldn’t take it as bashing. 

Bashing, lol. Rookie 

13 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

They have him for 8 years, don't they?

8?

Its 4 for the current contract, right?

37 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

3J gonna get 25 against the Clips.

Close, but actually 26

Most draft sites had JJJ as the best prospect from this draft in 3-5 years. He has exceeded expectations while playing fewer minutes. If he can pack on muscle like an Anthony Davis or KG, he will be a borderline all-star next year. 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, BigHunkALove said:

At this rate, I hope it don't become a struggle to keep him beyond this contract

Grizz are batting 1000 when it comes to resigning our own guys.

He also has some amazing mentors in Marc/Mike showing him all the tricks of trade

One thing that surprised me about Jaren is his lower body strength- he's legit strong in low post. I thought for sure he'd be like Bambi and get knocked around but he actually looks physically stronger than most players he goes up against. 

35 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

Grizz are batting 1000 when it comes to resigning our own guys.

LOL true

3 hours ago, guillermo said:

He also has some amazing mentors in Marc/Mike showing him all the tricks of trade

One thing that surprised me about Jaren is his lower body strength- he's legit strong in low post. I thought for sure he'd be like Bambi and get knocked around but he actually looks physically stronger than most players he goes up against. 

I swear I did too. Lol. I just had this vision of him just tumbling all out of bounds trying to catch the ball...smh😂

I love this kid! 

13 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

I swear I did too. Lol. I just had this vision of him just tumbling all out of bounds trying to catch the ball...smh😂

I love this kid! 

He has solid strength, especially when he gathers himself.  He's better going off two feet -- he's not Air Jordan where he can fly over and dunk on 3 guys taking two quick dribbles off one foot.  

Although I think JJJ can even improve that with some more core training next summer.  He should really concentrate on explosiveness and all-around power.  

He should give Tim S. Grover (MJ and Kobe's old trainer) a call.  I read his 2 books (Relentless was AWESOME!) and think he's a guy who can help the new kids.  Luka, too, but I am not so sure that I want to help the competition.  Although both guys could be in a small rotation of guys who are the "face of the league" in a few years.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, tjazz22 said:

Dam smh

Name how many all-stars want to come here. I don't want him to leave but its so rare now for one person to stick with one team.  It always has to be something we have to keep in mind. 

It can't be discounted either that he is on a team that very much values loyalty to each other and to the city itself. I would like that to stick in his head now, so that in a few years he remembers it come contract time.

8 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Name how many all-stars want to come here. I don't want him to leave but its so rare now for one person to stick with one team.  It always has to be something we have to keep in mind. 

I could never say what anybody WANTS to do. I cant even name an all-star that we've even went after. That's been one of my biggest issues with the FO. We always seem to just go after the "low hanging fruit" so to speak. 

You can keep that in mind...But it cant control your thoughts. That's how you get paralyzed by fear of rejection. You never know..One of them might say yes

If  Jaren  Jackson stays heathy The Memphis Grizzlies will have the Best player coming out of his Draft , I could see  A, Davis number coming his way