LuvThem Grizzlies

JJJ has arrived ahead of schedule

Here was one of his most recent posts, he seems to be on Team Realist:

On 10/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, GTG said:

Wow, and you certainly don't get what you're paying for with the crappy product this franchise puts out on the floor these days.  All of the cities above us are WAYY larger markets with much higher income levels, and the vast majority of them have been legitimate Championship contenders in recent history. What justifies us being so high on this list?

I may be wrong on this and someone can correct me if so, but I thought a few years back (prior to the Playoff years), the Grizzlies were the most affordable team in the league to go see. Why such a drastic change in the past decade? Do they really think a couple years of being a mediocre first-round exit Playoff team justifies jacking prices through the roof? I recall being able to go to games and sit court-side for well under $100 back then. Now that's the 'average'? Really? 

26 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Yep

He said all he had to say that infamous summer and then took a job as a mod somewhere.

(100% pure speculation)

10 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

maybe they can turn some of our 7guys that are not part of the future into youngster that can grow with JJJ,Brooks

Rabb might could grow with them but right now he isn't getting the opportunity. Hew might be a good PnR gut.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:52 AM, Teddy.B said:

The kid is special, The kid is special!

This organization is so starved for talent that good talent looks special. What is "Special" anyway? Only unicorn players which either changes the way the game is played and makes the league adjust to them or at the very least are capable of multiple MVP years are "special" players. Lebron, KD, upcoming Giannis these are special players.

JJJ is a good player with a chance for multiple all-star appearances. He does NOT look MVP conversation. A big that can't rebound for balls does not spell special. He can't rebound for balls!

Of course he is young his game will change and improve but I see All-Star not MVP type.

Actually he is capable of becoming MVP type, put Gobert DPY type and add to it a offensive game you have a superstar. Jackson has the personality to it also, the kid is well spoken, and he dont shy away from big moments. Kid is special, and even I that wanted Doncic, Ayton, Young and even Porter over him can see that if everything goes right for him we have the best player of the class, if you are talking on production on both ends.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/12/03/lebron-james-kevin-durant-joel-embiid-anthony-davis-10-big-picture-thoughts-after-20-nba-games?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=thecrossover&utm_source=twitter.com

5. Jaren Jackson Jr. could be the best prospect to hit the NBA in five years. There have been a dozen rookies worth watching so far. Everyone in the top five has shown flashes of something special, and each player's future comes with a few big questions that will make the next few seasons even more interesting to watch. In general, this year's rookies look better than last year's class, which was initially celebrated as one of the deepest fields in decades. The evolving consensus on the drafts speak to how impossible scouting can be, and how facile any expertise becomes when it's time to guess how any 18-year-old will develop. But the mysteries of mock draft life feel a little bit beside the point right now. There's a more important story emerging. 

Jaren Jackson Jr. is the best prospect in basketball. Luka Doncic may be more skilled at the moment, Deandre Ayton is more athletic, and other rookies will have plenty of nice moments along way, but Jackson is in a different category. He might be the best prospect to hit the NBA since Giannis. To begin with, the defense. He covers an insane amount of ground, he can guard multiple positions, and he's already protecting the rim like a star. On offense, his skills inside and outside are way ahead of schedule. He's not going to dunk all over teams and his shooting is a bit unorthodox, but his timing, touch, footwork and hand-eye coordination are already off the charts. He's everything teams would want in a modern big man. Eight days ago, he went 6-of-6 from the floor, made four threes, and finished with 16 points, six rebounds, and seven blocks against the Knicks. Friday night in Brooklyn, he had 36 points and eight rebounds against the Nets, including a game-tying three that sent it to overtime. In the first five minutes of Sunday night's Sixers game, Jackson guarded Jimmy Butler and forced him into a turnover, stole the ball from Ben Simmons, blocked Joel Embiid on a breakaway dunk, and then blocked Simmons down low five seconds later. All of this is nuts. 

Jackson is currently the second-youngest player in the league. We're only scratching the surface here, and if he continues on this trajectory, there will eventually be room to note that every other team in last year's top five had a chance to draft him. But despite how desperately I would love to see De'Aaron Fox spend the next 10 years throwing lobs to JJJ, most of that criticism will be unfair. Even the Grizzlies had no idea he was this special. And for all the thought, time, and money that goes into the scouting process every year, the best part of basketball is that some of these answers will always be unknowable. At least half the time, real greatness happens organically.

48 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/12/03/lebron-james-kevin-durant-joel-embiid-anthony-davis-10-big-picture-thoughts-after-20-nba-games?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=thecrossover&utm_source=twitter.com

5. Jaren Jackson Jr. could be the best prospect to hit the NBA in five years. There have been a dozen rookies worth watching so far. Everyone in the top five has shown flashes of something special, and each player's future comes with a few big questions that will make the next few seasons even more interesting to watch. In general, this year's rookies look better than last year's class, which was initially celebrated as one of the deepest fields in decades. The evolving consensus on the drafts speak to how impossible scouting can be, and how facile any expertise becomes when it's time to guess how any 18-year-old will develop. But the mysteries of mock draft life feel a little bit beside the point right now. There's a more important story emerging. 

Jaren Jackson Jr. is the best prospect in basketball. Luka Doncic may be more skilled at the moment, Deandre Ayton is more athletic, and other rookies will have plenty of nice moments along way, but Jackson is in a different category. He might be the best prospect to hit the NBA since Giannis. To begin with, the defense. He covers an insane amount of ground, he can guard multiple positions, and he's already protecting the rim like a star. On offense, his skills inside and outside are way ahead of schedule. He's not going to dunk all over teams and his shooting is a bit unorthodox, but his timing, touch, footwork and hand-eye coordination are already off the charts. He's everything teams would want in a modern big man. Eight days ago, he went 6-of-6 from the floor, made four threes, and finished with 16 points, six rebounds, and seven blocks against the Knicks. Friday night in Brooklyn, he had 36 points and eight rebounds against the Nets, including a game-tying three that sent it to overtime. In the first five minutes of Sunday night's Sixers game, Jackson guarded Jimmy Butler and forced him into a turnover, stole the ball from Ben Simmons, blocked Joel Embiid on a breakaway dunk, and then blocked Simmons down low five seconds later. All of this is nuts. 

Jackson is currently the second-youngest player in the league. We're only scratching the surface here, and if he continues on this trajectory, there will eventually be room to note that every other team in last year's top five had a chance to draft him. But despite how desperately I would love to see De'Aaron Fox spend the next 10 years throwing lobs to JJJ, most of that criticism will be unfair. Even the Grizzlies had no idea he was this special. And for all the thought, time, and money that goes into the scouting process every year, the best part of basketball is that some of these answers will always be unknowable. At least half the time, real greatness happens organically.

WOW

I regret saying I didn't want JJJ. 

873328.jpg

Guess Sports Illustrated has never been wrong before. Hey, who knows still a lot left in his career. 

I like 3J he was a great pick. I think he is a multi-time all star. I HOPE he can be a special player for this franchise.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

</Goosebumps/>

At this rate, I hope it don't become a struggle to keep him beyond this contract

52 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

At this rate, I hope it don't become a struggle to keep him beyond this contract

He will bail on us. 

1 hour ago, Teddy.B said:

873328.jpg

Guess Sports Illustrated has never been wrong before. Hey, who knows still a lot left in his career. 

Nice try

That was high school and not a commentary on Parker after a quarter of his first NBA season.

2 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

He will bail on us. 

We have rights after this contract.  Memphis has proven it will pay stars.  I think after the second contract is when it becomes tougher.  IDK, just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Nice try

That was high school and not a commentary on Parker after a quarter of his first NBA season.

Nice try for what?

The sports illustrated piece is just an opinion piece. Maybe the story I used was wrong (to be honest didn't even really look, guess I jumped to conclusions after a quick glance) but it doesn't change the fact that sports illustrated has been wrong before and it's still just a writer's opinion.

I was going to search examples of Sports illustrated being wrong just to refute your put down then caught myself, thinking; "Why would I do that?" I want the kid to succeed too. Just because I don't anoint him special yet doesn't mean I am not rooting for him to be.

You guys can bash it all you want, bottom line is I think he will be an all-star that HOPEFULLY GROWS into a special MVP level  player.

Call me late to the party. I hope it happens!

55 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

He will bail on us. 

:o:angry:

50 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

We have rights after this contract.  Memphis has proven it will pay stars.  I think after the second contract is when it becomes tougher.  IDK, just have to wait and see.

Fingers crossed

There has never been a player like what JJJ could potentially become. DPOY type of defensive talent with decent 3 point shooting, can score in the post, can put the ball on the floor and take his man off the dribble etc... If he can continue to develop his skills, get stronger, become a better rebounder, he is going to be scary good, like AD type of good. MVP or not, I don't know but he is a very special young talent and we were very lucky to get him at #4. 

30 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Nice try for what?

The sports illustrated piece is just an opinion piece. Maybe the story I used was wrong (to be honest didn't even really look, guess I jumped to conclusions after a quick glance) but it doesn't change the fact that sports illustrated has been wrong before and it's still just a writer's opinion.

I was going to search examples of Sports illustrated being wrong just to refute your put down then caught myself, thinking; "Why would I do that?" I want the kid to succeed too. Just because I don't anoint him special yet doesn't mean I am not rooting for him to be.

You guys can bash it all you want, bottom line is I think he will be an all-star that HOPEFULLY GROWS into a special MVP level  player.

Dude...you posted a cover about Parker’s high school career hoping to prove they have been wrong and they may be wrong about JJJ. Sure, every sports writer and mags have gotten something wrong at some point. But you posted something that has nothing to do with Parker’s NBA career. And you are trying to hard to disprove anyone that says JJJ is special. I get it : it’s your opinion. But instead of commenting on the SI article, you wanna go out of your way to point out that SI has been wrong before and hilariously you use an example that’s stupid.

2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Nice try for what?

1 hour ago, grizz1016 said:

Dude...you posted a cover about Parker’s high school career hoping to prove they have been wrong and they may be wrong about JJJ. Sure, every sports writer and mags have gotten something wrong at some point. But you posted something that has nothing to do with Parker’s NBA career. And you are trying to hard to disprove anyone that says JJJ is special. I get it : it’s your opinion. But instead of commenting on the SI article, you wanna go out of your way to point out that SI has been wrong before and hilariously you use an example that’s stupid.

You are right I mistakenly posted an article without reading it. I am assuming they are trying to make a correlation that his high school career is as good as Lebron's then his NBA career would have the same trajectory. I have no problem admitting it was silly not reading the article before posting.

As for me trying hard to disprove anyone that says 3J is special, you may want to read the entire thread. I made ONE post about him being all-star level and not special and have been doing nothing but defending that post. It's others that won't allow me my opinion and want to bash me for them.

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You are right I mistakenly posted an article without reading it. I am assuming they are trying to make a correlation that his high school career is as good as Lebron's then his NBA career would have the same trajectory. I have no problem admitting it was silly not reading the article before posting.

As for me trying hard to disprove anyone that says 3J is special, you may want to read the entire thread. I made ONE post about him being all-star level and not special and have been doing nothing but defending that post. It's others that won't allow me my opinion and want to bash me for them.

Bash you - too sensitive my man. When you post an opinion that is completely opposite to everyone else’s, there will be strong disagreements. You shouldn’t take it as bashing. 

6 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Bash you - too sensitive my man. When you post an opinion that is completely opposite to everyone else’s, there will be strong disagreements. You shouldn’t take it as bashing. 

Well I guess bash is a strong word, just like I felt special is/was?? a strong word to describe 3J. Anyway, I wrote that before his mammoth 36 point outing and am definitely starting to catch the wave. 

2 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Well I guess bash is a strong word, just like I felt special is/was?? a strong word to describe 3J. Anyway, I wrote that before his mammoth 36 point outing and am definitely starting to catch the wave. 

Good on ya Teddy!