LuvThem Grizzlies

JJJ has arrived ahead of schedule

5 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't think Horry was as big as 3J but LMA would be a closer comparison. 

Size?  Maybe, though I think Jaren is longer.

14 hours ago, Allen said:

Top 10 player in the league. I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be. 

B ball iq, work ethic, measurables, skill level. Year 4 and 5 Jaren is going to be something else 

Fair play, JJJ having a monster game tonight!! I am typing this end of fourth Q in Nets game.

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Fair play, JJJ having a monster game tonight!! I am typing this end of fourth Q in Nets game.

I think he’s going to be the best Grizz ever

On 11/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Teddy.B said:

The kid is special, The kid is special!

This organization is so starved for talent that good talent looks special. What is "Special" anyway? Only unicorn players which either changes the way the game is played and makes the league adjust to them or at the very least are capable of multiple MVP years are "special" players. Lebron, KD, upcoming Giannis these are special players.

JJJ is a good player with a chance for multiple all-star appearances. He does NOT look MVP conversation. A big that can't rebound for balls does not spell special. He can't rebound for balls!

Of course he is young his game will change and improve but I see All-Star not MVP type.

You must be blind 

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I thought that's who he was referring to, but I'm not sure why he dragged him into the discussion.  KBM was comparing JJJ's game to Horry's and Kirilenko's, which prompted my comment.  

Are you saying you think JJJ's game is like Aldridge's game?  If so, I don't think I would make that comparison.  Aldridge relies on his jumper more.  I've never seen LaMarcus run hard to the offensive end and get deep post position like Jaren.

LMA is a lot older now, he used to hustle down the court when he was with Portland. He shoots the 3 quite well now or he did last year.

5 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

You must be blind 

You must be bitter.

I just acknowledged above that the kid had a mammoth game. 

Also, I never said he wasn't good. I just was/am not ready to crown him MVP status at such an early stage. (Even after this game)

3 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

You must be bitter.

I just acknowledged above that the kid had a mammoth game. 

Also, I never said he wasn't good. I just was/am not ready to crown him MVP status at such an early stage. (Even after this game)

No one said he’s an MVP now. Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. 

But he has the potential and if you can’t see it, then you are blind. Not bitter...just an opinion

11 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

You must be blind 

He's off watching the Hawks and his idol

1 minute ago, grizz1016 said:

No one said he’s an MVP now 

But he has the potential and if you can’t see it, then you are blind. Not bitter...just an opinion

Then I guess you miss the nuance or sentiment of my statement. Learn to read in context off my multiple post.

I am just not going to CROWN a kid MVP level player at this stage of his 20 game career which is what I consider a "special" player.

And yes you ARE bitter. Coming in to "shame" me immediately just because the kid had a good game. 

6 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Then I guess you miss the nuance or sentiment of my statement. Learn to read in context off my multiple post.

I am just not going to CROWN a kid MVP level player at this stage of his 20 game career which is what I consider a "special" player.

And yes you ARE bitter. Coming in to "shame" me immediately just because the kid had a good game. 

Nope.  Just read the thread...don’t be so sensitive.

You basically preach and say everyone is wrong about JJJ being special and potentially great. When we strongly disagree you throw a fit. IMO anyone who doesn’t see that JJJ is special, he/she is blind. Not being rude...just stating an opinion.

you think i’m bitter

i think you are blind

we agree to disagree on JJJ

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He's off watching the Hawks and his idol

LOL, throwing false scenarios out now are we???

Trae was a guy I never even considered at our pick.

Why don't you go do some HW and dig up my posts pre-draft? I was and am even after the pick in support of JJJ. Maybe you people just see things in Black and White. Just because I don't say he is "special" then I must think he is trash.

LeBron, Durant and Melo only teenagers besides Jackson to put up 36 points..

11 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

LOL, throwing false scenarios out now are we???

Trae was a guy I never even considered at our pick.

No not you, someone else who shall remain nameless....

16 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

A player has to be the MVP to be special? Your standards must be insanely high. And no lol, he’s not bitter, but you sure seem salty. 

He must of missed you point out that you acknowledged his good game before he posted, but what do you expect. People are going to expect you to eat your crow

20 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

A player has to be the MVP to be special? Your standards must be insanely high. And no lol, he’s not bitter, but you sure seem salty. 

He must of missed you point out that you acknowledged his good game before he posted, but what do you expect. People are going to expect you to eat your crow

"He must of ..."

hahahaaa

😬

-ded

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

"He must of ..."

hahahaaa

😬

-ded

Got eem.. 🙄😜

On 11/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, Teddy.B said:

This organization is so starved for talent that good talent looks special. What is "Special" anyway? Only unicorn players which either changes the way the game is played and makes the league adjust to them or at the very least are capable of multiple MVP years are "special" players. Lebron, KD, upcoming Giannis these are special players.

JJJ is a good player with a chance for multiple all-star appearances. He does NOT look MVP conversation. A big that can't rebound for balls does not spell special. He can't rebound for balls!

Of course he is young his game will change and improve but I see All-Star not MVP type.

53 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Yes, to me a player has to be MVP level to be special. Like I mentioned, watered down words and giving MAX contracts to mid-level good players cheapens the meaning.

I said the kid has a chance to be a multiple time all-star so yes if he is MVP level, I will gladly eat crow. It would in fact delight me. It means this team finally has a MVP level draw.

17 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Yes, to me a player has to be MVP level to be special. Like I mentioned, watered down words and giving MAX contracts to mid-level good players cheapens the meaning.

I said the kid has a chance to be a multiple time all-star so yes if he is MVP level, I will gladly eat crow. It would in fact delight me. It means this team finally has a MVP level draw.

Fair enough m8

26 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

JB said the kid is special in the post-game.  Special as a perception is truly up for debate.  Your ideal may not fit others ideal but I will say the kid is definitely promising 

39 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Who in this draft would you trade Jaren for today?

If no one, then he is special.

Also, MVP is a construct. Not sure you can really make your point with that. Just like the whole, Mike Conley isn't a star because stars are allstars, lol.

James harden was an MVP, now his team is barely a .500 win team. All of these labels are what's wrong with the nba right now. You will never convince me that Kyrie Irving was/is better than Mike Conley. But the sad fact is that Kyrie is probably a first ballot hall of famer and Conley might not even get in, all due to the stupid politics of the nba.

Had Pau Gasol played for the grizzlies his entire career, he'd have never gotten to the hall of fame, just due to the politics of the nba.

19 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

JB said the kid is special in the post-game.  Special as a perception is truly up for debate.  Your ideal may not fit others ideal but I will say the kid is definitely promising 

What a great draft pick. It doesn't stop here. Jaren will have a much better game than we saw tonight before the end of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Who in this draft would you trade Jaren for today?

If no one, then he is special.

Also, MVP is a construct. Not sure you can really make your point with that. Just like the whole, Mike Conley isn't a star because stars are allstars, lol.

James harden was an MVP, now his team is barely a .500 win team. All of these labels are what's wrong with the nba right now. You will never convince me that Kyrie Irving was/is better than Mike Conley. But the sad fact is that Kyrie is probably a first ballot hall of famer and Conley might not even get in, all due to the stupid politics of the nba.

Had Pau Gasol played for the grizzlies his entire career, he'd have never gotten to the hall of fame, just due to the politics of the nba.

James Harden isn't good on the defensive end. That nullifies some of what he brings to the table. That's why Lebron is so special both ends of the floor is his specialty.

have yall watched harden since  they started switching ? he's a big reason it works , he D has  improved big time . 

On 11/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Teddy.B said:

stockton  ? YAO ?West ? how many mvps do they have ?0