Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies at Philadelphia 76ers - 12/2/18

48 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Mike Conley is not James Harden.  The fact that we want to use him like that down the stretch of games is just stupid.  His body will not hold up.  Neither will Marc's.

+100

JB is doing the same thing Joerger did.   When all else fails just lean super hard on the vets.   Joerger had the benefit of having entire CORE4.   JB only has M&M but it is same outcome.       

Mike needs help.   This is why i didn't criticize JB for giving Marshon a ton of minutes.    He is literally the only guy on roster that has a chance of helping in that regard.   

16 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

...because shooting is the only thing that matters.

It is when the guys who shoot the most aren't getting shots to go in the goal. That's pretty much a losing recipe.

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+100

JB is doing the same thing Joerger did.   When all else fails just lean super hard on the vets.   Joerger had the benefit of having entire CORE4.   JB only has M&M but it is same outcome.       

Mike needs help.   This is why i didn't criticize JB for giving Marshon a ton of minutes.    He is literally the only guy on roster that has a chance of helping in that regard.   

Dillon maybe? 

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+100

When the FO has publicly stated that they want to get back to the playoffs this season, what recourse does JB have other than lean on the guys who can get it done?

Sometimes Marshon "helps" like Ben McLemore "helped".

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Sometimes Marshon "helps" like Ben McLemore "helped".

MarShon Brooks and Wayne Selden have the worst* effective FG% in the whole team. To top it off, MarShon has the second highest usage percentage of the whole roster. Their advanced stats are a dumpster fire.

I'm hoping for some improvement, but right now I don't see the point of playing either one other than to give GT some rest.

*Actually Dillon's eFG% is worse but he's played half the games than MarShon and Wayne, and he got injured just when he was finding his stride.

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

MarShon Brooks and Wayne Selden have the worst* effective FG% in the whole team. To top it off, MarShon has the second highest usage percentage of the whole roster. Their advanced stats are a dumpster fire.

I'm hoping for some improvement, but right now I don't see the point of playing either one other than to give GT some rest.

*Actually Dillon's eFG% is worse but he's played half the games than MarShon and Wayne, and he got injured just when he was finding his stride.

Yet i still trust Marshon over Wayne on offense and defense (how sad is that).  I also cansee Marshon getting more into the groove scoring wise as he figures his role out.   We need points and of all the options at least Marshon gets some respect as a scorer (by rep) from opponents.   Which translates to better spacing on the floor.  His role is also clearly defined so much easier to manage him than whatever the heck wayne is supposed to be (3D? playmaker?AllStar?!?!). 

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612763/players-advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&LastNGames=7

Speaking of advanced stats.  Looking at the Players Advanced numbers from last 7 games.    Marshon has the 4th highest NetRtg on team +0.6  and Wayne is dead last -15.9 (like he has been most of season).    Marshon has is shooting better FG% (41.2)  than Shelvin (29.5) in that same span as well.    Unfortunately, his shot-creation ability is extremely valuable which explains why JB still plays him. 

Honestly, the 2 guys that need to get kicked out of rotation are Wayne and Shelvin.    Give Jevon a look and let Kyle be the backup PG and reduce Shelvin's minutes greatly.   I'd rather see what DJ or Yuta can do over Wayne.   

Marshon is a little too matchup dependent to be reliable as a one on one player. He feasts on guys who arent great athletically or taller than him. Put a competent defender on him and he gets real inefficient. This is not good for a one on one scorer if you are relying on him nightly.

29 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Marshon is a little too matchup dependent to be reliable as a one on one player. He feasts on guys who arent great athletically or taller than him. Put a competent defender on him and he gets real inefficient. This is not good for a one on one scorer if you are relying on him nightly.

Key phrase right there and the guys you describe him feasting on are typically on 2nd units.  Which is why his current role can work.    JB shouldn't ever be depending on him that much.   But when offense gets stagnant and teams snuff out M&M 2man game then he should be thrown out there to mix it up.  In other words all successful teams have a guy like Marshon in rotation.