Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies at Philadelphia 76ers - 12/2/18

4 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

He’s so dependent on Gasol and Conley he’s gonna run Gasol into the ground. No way he should’ve played that much. Ivan Rabb is NOT the answer.

How are you going to complain about him playing Marc too much AND complain about him playing Rabb?  Maybe Casspi should've been playing center and guarding Embiid?

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

How are you going to complain about him playing Marc too much AND complain about him playing Rabb?  Maybe Casspi should've been playing center and guarding Embiid?

it really didn't matter much ... I mean - we ALL KNOW that the big guy was gonna get his.

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

When was the last victory we had were we actually won by +11 points?     This grinding it out every single game is not going to work when relying on 2 thirty + year olds. 

So we need to fix this by scoring more points.  Brilliant!!

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not even close.   This loss was on rotation choices namely relying on Shelvin too much and Jaren too little.  and Mike + Marc not offering much offensively.   Marshon was a +4 which is higher than everyone but JaMychal (+6).  

Playing Gasol 38min on a sore ankle wasnt smart either. 

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Marshon literally lost this game for us. The guy only knows one thing when he has the ball. smh

Get real.

MC 6-17 -7 MG 4-14-12 MB 5-10

Marc played 38 minutes, and is 9th in the league for most minutes per game this season. He is listed at 34 yrs old, and there are only 12 players listed 35 and older. It's not rocket science here.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

We could've used some TA on Reddick tonight.

THANK YOU !

FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE !

*floor slap

I thought JJJ had already fouled out. But nope he checks back in....when there's 52 seconds left and we're back down by 8. He needs to be on the floor, if he fouls out he fouls out whatever.‎ This is definitely on JB.

And it's been that way for years now Father Pat, and I think it's a big reason why he defers sometimes down the stretch. Gasol hasn't had a real center backing him up since Koufos. It's clearly wearing him down more than ever.

3 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Marc played 38 minutes, and is 9th in the league for most minutes per game this season. He is listed at 34 yrs old, and there are only 12 players listed 35 and older. It's not rocket science here.

Yup .

We could go Thibs and run him in the ground 

OR 

We could go Pops and 'strategically rest' him 

I'm team Pops ... hopefully Noah and sometimes 13 can get him a breather

The game was a result of the double OT game Friday night. So many shots hit the front of the rim. So many defensive plays came up half a step slow. The team will fly home tonight and be ready for the Clippers Wednesday.

54 minutes ago, cdp said:

I thought JJJ had already fouled out. But nope he checks back in....when there's 52 seconds left and we're back down by 8. He needs to be on the floor, if he fouls out he fouls out whatever.‎ This is definitely on JB.

And it's been that way for years now Father Pat, and I think it's a big reason why he defers sometimes down the stretch. Gasol hasn't had a real center backing him up since Koufos. It's clearly wearing him down more than ever.

The foul shot putback was a by-design play. Marc missed on purpose. Jaren cost us with so many fouls. You cannot play defense by fouling.

It's not Jaren first and everybody else. The kid is 19 and a rookie. Acknowledge that is the first step of recovery. The grizzlies were lucky that they had a chance to win the game at the end. There is a point when you are outmanned.

Teams are sending 3 guys at Mike in the forth quarter to limit him. They played him with both ben and jimmy at the same time.

The sad fact is that Mike could score 32 points and win the game but if Jren makes one good play, it's his team now, lol. 

nba.com:  It was the 12th straight game the Grizzlies have played in a clutch game scenario (when a game is within five points with less than five minutes remaining).

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The foul shot putback was a by-design play. Marc missed on purpose. Jaren cost us with so many fouls. You cannot play defense by fouling.

It's not Jaren first and everybody else. The kid is 19 and a rookie. Acknowledge that is the first step of recovery. The grizzlies were lucky that they had a chance to win the game at the end. There is a point when you are outmanned.

Teams are sending 3 guys at Mike in the forth quarter to limit him. They played him with both ben and jimmy at the same time.

The sad fact is that Mike could score 32 points and win the game but if Jren makes one good play, it's his team now, lol. 

Especially when your stars shoot 10-31 and you have 3 guys on the bench who shoot 16-30.. If it hadn't been for 3J, MC wouldn't have done crap for the Grizz against the Nets.

These close losses are frustrating because we've had a shot at winning all of them, but let's not forget we were visiting the best team at home games, after a double OT and with Marc hobbled.

I didn't like the rotations but I suspect JB was trying his best to keep the players fresh and out of foul trouble, while trying to deal with mismatches with Embiid and Simmons (easier said than done). This is JB's first season with a mandate to win, he's going to make mistakes. But the fact that he's featuring JJJ early in the offense is encouraging, it's not like he's being frozen out. I'm convinced things are going to be much better as the season goes along. I just hope we can lessen Marc and Mike's load in the meantime.

That is on JB and Marshon  (for the TO), Jackson got a putback on Marc mis se free throw and then he got benched for the next 2 possessions. Also this shows once more we miss a perimeter scorer, Hardaway looks good to me, Beal would be great.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

These close losses are frustrating because we've had a shot at winning all of them, but let's not forget we were visiting the best team at home games, after a double OT and with Marc hobbled.

I didn't like the rotations but I suspect JB was trying his best to keep the players fresh and out of foul trouble, while trying to deal with mismatches with Embiid and Simmons (easier said than done). This is JB's first season with a mandate to win, he's going to make mistakes. But the fact that he's featuring JJJ early in the offense is encouraging, it's not like he's being frozen out. I'm convinced things are going to be much better as the season goes along. I just hope we can lessen Marc and Mike's load in the meantime.

A voice of reason?

Funny how a few weeks ago no one was expecting this team to do anything.  Now you've got folks whining about not beating one of the best young teams in the league, who is projected to be a tough playoff contender in their conference, while we are on the road and just ground out a tough double-OT win two nights before.  Next we'll get the "Fire JB" thread.  Crazy.  People just need to settle down and enjoy the fact that we're winning some games and aren't some pushover.

3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

A voice of reason?

Funny how a few weeks ago no one was expecting this team to do anything.  Now you've got folks whining about not beating one of the best young teams in the league, who is projected to be a tough playoff contender in their conference, while we are on the road and just ground out a tough double-OT win two nights before.  Next we'll get the "Fire JB" thread.  Crazy.  People just need to settle down and enjoy the fact that we're winning some games and aren't some pushover.

To be fair, I am very tolerant of mood swings in the game threads. Emotions run high and I'm the first to react and post without thinking so I'm not going to crucify anyone for a knee-jerk post. But I think it's important to take a step back afterwards and consider the whole context.

We are in a much better shape that anyone could have thought before the season started (not counting KBM who had gone through the whole spectrum of opinions by September :P) and we have many reasons to be hopeful for the future, but we're not there yet by any means.

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

To be fair, I am very tolerant of mood swings in the game threads. Emotions run high and I'm the first to react and post without thinking so I'm not going to crucify anyone for a knee-jerk post. But I think it's important to take a step back afterwards and consider the whole context.

We are in a much better shape that anyone could have thought before the season started (not counting KBM who had gone through the whole spectrum of opinions by September :P) and we have many reasons to be hopeful for the future, but we're not there yet by any means.

Agreed.  I'm just going to try to enjoy the season, though I admit my emotions run pretty high too so I get stressed out.

8 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah, they are and they could come back and really haunt the Grizz. I wish Pete would grow some testicles and ask JB why he's letting JJ sit on the bench when he could be playing some more. Does he have to pay a penalty when a player fouls out or something? It's crazy, get all you can out of a player and if he fouls out, he fouls out.

2 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

That is on JB and Marshon  (for the TO), Jackson got a putback on Marc mis se free throw and then he got benched for the next 2 possessions. Also this shows once more we miss a perimeter scorer, Hardaway looks good to me, Beal would be great.

3J got benched because he got his 5th foul called on him.

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The game was a result of the double OT game Friday night. So many shots hit the front of the rim. So many defensive plays came up half a step slow. The team will fly home tonight and be ready for the Clippers Wednesday.

+1 spot on Chip. 

11 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jaren's fouls are not costing us.  

Also,maybe if Mike Conley learned to pass the ball when trapped and doubled instead of dancing with the ball for 15 seconds, teams wouldn't be able to load up on him.  Mike Conley is not James Harden.  The fact that we want to use him like that down the stretch of games is just stupid.  His body will not hold up.  Neither will Marc's.