Subliminal

Time To Trade Gasol?

I believe that playing in competitive games for real stakes and learning how to anchor defense from Marc is extremely valuable to Jaren's development.    That alone is more valuable than any weak return any M&M could net.  

I agree with @BigHunkALove  - Parsons contract is the only problem and the most prudent move is to let him go away. 

Khris Middleton, Allen Crabbe,  Tyler Johnson will all be UFA.   Jaylen Brown and Buddy Hield will be RFA.    Adding one of those guys to a new CORE of Jaren, Kyle, and Dillon while Mike and Marc are still able to contribute.  Would be a nice foundation. 

19 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

How does trading Marc for Beal (and you want to give up a first pick on top of this) get us Zion?

How does this make us better when Washington sucks right now with a roster that on paper you and your "blow it up" crew argue is better than the Grizzlies roster?

You are all over the place man

Beal is 26, he will keep his production at this level at least for 7 years, you cant say that from Gasol. Also Beal and Wall always had problemns, so when the Wizards gave that contract to Wall they had to have Playoffs success or Beal would want his way out for sure. 

The perfect situation would trading Parsons and a couple of 1st + filler for Beal + Mahinmi, but trading Marc instead of Parsons probably would make the trade easier. 

And Zion is simple, just tank as hard as you can and hope for some lottery lucky, maybe we final get a top 2 pick.

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I believe that playing in competitive games for real stakes and learning how to anchor defense from Marc is extremely valuable to Jaren's development.    That alone is more valuable than any weak return any M&M could net.  

I agree with @BigHunkALove  - Parsons contract is the only problem and the most prudent move is to let him go away. 

Khris Middleton, Allen Crabbe,  Tyler Johnson will all be UFA.   Jaylen Brown and Buddy Hield will be RFA.    Adding one of those guys to a new CORE of Jaren, Kyle, and Dillon while Mike and Marc are still able to contribute.  Would be a nice foundation. 

The question is can this core win it all or we start it all fresh and make like GS, 76ers, Bucks and others that get their top talent via draft?  

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

The worst part about this playoff 'run'... I wouldnt be shocked if they traded a 2021 first for Otto Potter or somebody.

That’s the worst part about this playoff “ “run” “? Is that you “wouldn’t be shocked if they traded a 2021 first for Otto Potter or somebody”??

If that’s the worst thing about it, I guess it’s not that bad. 

22 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Gasol playing the best he has played since the year we almost went to the finals, and ppl are still trying to trade him. 😕 

Its the time that make the most sense to trade him.

2 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Its the time that make the most sense to trade him.

Your opinion my friend which you are entitled to (this is a message board after all)

- I don't agree. I have stated my position many times that a couple of losing seasons in the 901 will cost us an NBA franchise. In spite of whatever "rock solid" contracts we have in place. I have seen it happen over and over and over again. What we need is continuity- seasons of competitiveness that allow us to groom JJJ and Dillon brooks into the Grizz of the future. Keep buts in seats, and people excited about the grizz. 

1 hour ago, Memphisyank said:

Gasol playing the best he has played since the year we almost went to the finals, and ppl are still trying to trade him. 😕 

Along with some 1st round picks for good measure

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

The worst part about this playoff 'run'... I wouldnt be shocked if they traded a 2021 first for Otto Potter or somebody.

He's actually been putting up reasonable numbers and playing ok. We know he can be REALLY good, we saw it in their playoff run.

If we get rid of Parsons and it only costs one 1st pick (which may end up being a middling pick anyway), I dont think thats such a bad thing.

And his salary comes off at the same time as Conley.

But I get the age argument, and surrounding JJJ with guys his age.

I'm still inclined to wait it out and have Parsons drop off the books, but then you have the issue of trying to attract FA with the capspace.

The timing wont line up but Jaylen Brown would be great to get

15 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Serious moves can't be made and still keep us from totally sucking until Parsons is gone.

If a trade can be worked to move Parsons and acquire a number of pieces that can help in anyway, or allows us to more easily reduce salary short or medium term, then that's great, that's a win.

Parsons is destroying this franchise, not holding Marc or Mike.

We either accept that for this season and next, or we find a way to move him for anything that doesn't cripple us further.

The number one criteria though should be absolutely no guys who are under an injury cloud

Totally agree Hunk.  Parsons is an absolute anchor around the franchise's neck.  I'm not speaking bad about the dude, only the situation.  His contract is huge and we get zilch from him and it doesn't look like we ever will get any return on him at all. 

2 hours ago, Gradey said:

Totally agree Hunk.  Parsons is an absolute anchor around the franchise's neck.  I'm not speaking bad about the dude, only the situation.  His contract is huge and we get zilch from him and it doesn't look like we ever will get any return on him at all. 

Looked like that joker had the guts to sit on the bench and cheer -> in UNIFORM as if he could play ... the nerve

We wouldn't get anything for Parsons at the deadline this year would we?

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

We wouldn't get anything for Parsons at the deadline this year would we?

highly unlikely we get anything at all for him.

11 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Looked like that joker had the guts to sit on the bench and cheer -> in UNIFORM as if he could play ... the nerve

Yeah Toke, its a tough situation.  You want to be happy for the dude and his fat bank but you want the team to do well.  I don't begrudge him personally but his situation is a real mess for the Grizz.  So much of a large share of the money is reserved for a zero return player.  I want to re-iterate though- this is not on Parson but on the Grizz for the contract.