Subliminal

Time To Trade Gasol?

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Bump

Would anyone trade Marc for Beal? 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7zctjzk

Give them a protect 1st or a couple of 2nds

As much Gasol is doing we must admit its time to rebuild. We have no star in this team, we need Zion badly.

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

stop

right.

seriously just stop.

get some help.

trade machine usin...

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Bump

As much Gasol is doing we must admit its time to rebuild. We have no star in this team, we need Zion badly.

Two losses and you're crushed??!!  No heart.

4 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Bump

The odds of us getting Zion even if they tanked are low. The FO has proven they can't even tank properly.

5 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

stop

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

right.

seriously just stop.

get some help.

trade machine usin...

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Two losses and you're crushed??!!  No heart.

45 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

The odds of us getting Zion even if they tanked are low. The FO has proven they can't even tank properly.

5 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Bump

He’s right guys. Value at highest, time for the rebuild. One more game it could be back at 2017 levels. Get what their worth while you can 

This is a 40 win team, the season record shouldn't stop us from finding good trades right now. Somebody like Charlotte who is trying to find something to go with Kemba would be good. 

Nets traded B Lopez and now they have Russell who put up 38 8 and 8 yesterday. We can do the same thing and still be good enough to give up our pick this year.

5 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

This is a 40 win team, the season record shouldn't stop us from finding good trades right now. Somebody like Charlotte who is trying to find something to go with Kemba would be good. 

Nets traded B Lopez and now they have Russell who put up 38 8 and 8 yesterday. We can do the same thing and still be good enough to give up our pick this year.

Its never gonna happen bro.

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Nope.  Chris Wallace is not trading Mike or Marc under any circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I know.

The smart thing to do would be to try to get a Bridges, Monk type. Heck, maybe even the Lakers would listen to something for Ingram or Kuzma or Ball.

We are unsustainably good in close games right now which is inflating our record but it will even out.

Gasol and Conley are not going anywhere unless they demand a trade which is unlikely to happen. We need a good proven scorer for sure  but we are not going to get one anywhere. I would target Fultz when his value is low now and hope he bounces back from injuries and under a new environment he could develop into the player people thought he would be when he went 1st overall. Waive DJ Stephens and instead sign a good shot creator/scorer in the G league. Make JJJ one of our primary scoring options. Get Marshon more playing time and scoring opportunities and he might just be the scorer we need. Give Kyle more point guard duty and make him a point forward like a Ben Simmons. This team relies on Mike and Marc too much and if one of them goes down I am afraid we would go back to the 2017 Grizzlies. But the future is bright with JJJ and Kyle.

geez is right. im not one that is insistent on staying put with the roster, but I don't understand the absolute knee-jerk reaction to get rid of our best two players. time is just about to be on our side(look at the money and the timing on the contracts). enjoy this great little ride, hope for great health and go griz.

slim.

If we have 20-25 wins at the end of December, It would be good to deal one of Mike/Marc.  

Deals I'd like...Conley for Wilson Chandler/Markelle Fultz/2021 Miami 1st/2020 Knicks 2nd or Marc Gasol for Bismack Biyombo/Miles Bridges/2020 Charlotte 1st

3 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

geez is right. im not one that is insistent on staying put with the roster, but I don't understand the absolute knee-jerk reaction to get rid of our best two players. time is just about to be on our side(look at the money and the timing on the contracts). enjoy this great little ride, hope for great health and go griz.

slim.

The problem with that line of thinking is it ignores all our history.  Marc has an extended history of hot starts and fizzling finishes.  While it is obvious Mike Conley is not going to be able to stay healthy and sustain this pace of play.

I have said it before, this board is so bi-polar. The NBA season is long, we had two losses. And suddenly the sky is falling. We have to trade Mike/Marc

I will say this though- last night highlighted again why we spent the money for parsons, and highlighted again how badly that signing has hurt us. We need that third scorer to take some of the pressure off Mike/Marc

3 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

The problem with that line of thinking is it ignores all our history.  Marc has an extended history of hot starts and fizzling finishes.  While it is obvious Mike Conley is not going to be able to stay healthy and sustain this pace of play.

I would love to see the data to back this up- (about Marc). I agree about Mike though. we need to get him some help he looks gassed. he cant do this for 82 games. 

6 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

I would love to see the data to back this up- (about Marc). I agree about Mike though. we need to get him some help he looks gassed. he cant do this for 82 games. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3206/marc-gasol

Look at his pre/post All Star splits...his fade usually starts when the calendar turns.

31 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

slim.

Co Sign.   Let's just wait till their money falls off the books.  This isn't NBA2k.  Another season like last year would destroy the team in this market.   

If they can find a way to pick up a young former lottery pick for non-essential players on our team.  Then do that.  Otherwise just wait till the money frees up.  

Everyone seems to think the sky is falling, the Grizz would've won the Clips game if it wasn't for a bad call and most on here seems to think the Grizz were given the Spurs game but I do think Gasol hit the ball when Aldridge shot it and some seem to think the Knicks are a terrible team but it looked like they were a pretty good team to me, after all they did beat the Celtics 2 games before. I think bad coaching hurt the Grizz yesterday, they got more players out there besides M&M, they have to keep them involved in the offense.

39 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/3206/marc-gasol

Look at his pre/post All Star splits...his fade usually starts when the calendar turns.

I guess if you are looking at last year, sure. but its really mixed. I would suggest you throw out last year. Thats not really the standard. If you are looking at points only  for example, Then 2016-2017 he did fall off post All star. but the previous year he was stronger post All star. 

I just don't see it as being a stastical fact- you have to look at what was going on in the season- Last year was terrible. but he was really the only good player on the team. 

the previous year we also had injuries etc- I think the lesson here is we have to reduce the stress on both he and conley's bodies throughout the regular season. that is just my take, but then again I did read the book "how to lie using statistics" (look it up its a real book). Pretty much you can find any stat you are looking for, if you look hard enough. I guess we must We agree to disagree. ;) 

45 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Co Sign.   Let's just wait till their money falls off the books.  This isn't NBA2k.  Another season like last year would destroy the team in this market.   

If they can find a way to pick up a young former lottery pick for non-essential players on our team.  Then do that.  Otherwise just wait till the money frees up.  

Wait until the money falls off the books for what?  We haven't signed an impact free agent the entire time we have been in Memphis.

18 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Wait until the money falls off the books for what?  We haven't signed an impact free agent the entire time we have been in Memphis.

I say go after Jaylen Brown.    Just because we haven't done it before doesn't mean we should just give up completely. 

If we are always going by past failures then we should've just gave up last years draft pick cuz we usually fail there too, right. 😉

26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I say go after Jaylen Brown.    Just because we haven't done it before doesn't mean we should just give up completely. 

If we are always going by past failures then we should've just gave up last years draft pick cuz we usually fail there too, right. 😉

OUCH!