Subliminal

Time To Trade Gasol?

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

*words...lotta words ... more words* ‘and I would be willing to bet not one other person would have minded had Chip not called to remove it. ‘

Actually- lotta posters did bring it up - by blowing up my PM box ... real First 48 like !

528- cash ish ...

Thats a bet you lost .  🙃

For a poster with a name like Subliminal  ...  you are kinda direct ... quite easy to follow actually. I’m saying.

Sooo, nahhh - Chip spoke in the thread right in the open, and his point was valid... the PMs from EVERYBODY else pushed me to move on it.

And - again... it’s back .

covfefe

I see discussing a possible trade (player A. for player B.) and asking other posters if it is time to move on from a specific player as two different things. Had Sub suggested just letting him go via free agency there is no argument, yet the end result of him no longer being on the team is the same. The thread wasn't started on the premise of who the Grizzlies would get, but how the team would do without Marc. Had the thread title simply been "Time to move on from Marc?" it becomes a no brainer (IMO) so I respectfully submit that the thread should stay in Team Talk.

I really dont know, I was super in favor of trading Marc, but the chemistry this team is having now seems special. If we stay healthy till the deadline, Im actually would be in favor of trading a pick or 2 to get a chance on Beal like I said yesterday or even a Fournier. We must move on from Parsons nightmare and that will cost a price, so if this team looks out of the competition for a top prospect in next year draft, we will rebuild in 2 or 3 years, trading a protected 1st in 2021 or 2022 could be not that bad idea

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

You make some good points... and the way you are now pushing to move the trade topics to the main page -> many many posters pushed just as hard to create the trade page.

Gimme a minute... 

I don’t just run a jump on my own. I’m a member of a group of moderators . 

Tell you what - you’ve made your points and voiced your opposition.

I see you have 1 poster backing you.

Are there any more?

Lets let it ride through the holidays.

we can take a good look at it then.

I back him.  I didn't read this as a trade proposal but more of a direction of team thread. 

42 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Sooo... looks like the people have spoken.

- thread comes back

- turns into a trade centric conversation 

- it’s moved to the area that was designed ( for real - the trade forum was one of the FIRST things I was involved in . We created it to allow like minded trade machine using poster with a keyboard and internet connection having gummy bear Cheeto eating Red Bull drinking ... I digress)

Keep it generic.. skirt the rule ... push the boundaries- old head posters know exactly what I mean. 

I wasn’t hired to be a mod ... I was one of the original line crossers. 

But , here we are.

Here’s your thread. 

Help me - help y’all .

Keep it clean and fan out over the team that has us here  !

uh- Go Grizz? 

Yeah - Go Grizz!

I feel like a grownup... the bad kind ... rules, homework, room clean inspecting eat your vegetables- grownup.

Since I don’t have a gavel or a gown , I’ll leave you with a floor slap and a FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE scowl.

-toke

Good on ya Toke

2 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

keep up father pat ... the thread IS back !

😂

and the wording you suggested is spot on.

Sorry, but Sub was late shelling out the $20 he promised me to back him up.

I will put a trade proposal here, but I do this in every single thread of this boards, maybe twice a day

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y93gw5dd

That is the type of thing I would do, because if we could get our pick back and tank for a top 5 pick and maybe get Kings pick too. That would allow us to make a faster rebuild, but the way we are winning this is a difficult move to make; CW wont do that.

5 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Sorry, but Sub was late shelling out the $20 he promised me to back him up.

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

:angry:He only promised me $10.

Apparently I forgot the hush money, sheesh

Like i have been saying for years.   To get the best out of marc he needs to be allowed to play his best position/role on the team.   That is defensive anchor/ main playmaker/complimentary scorer.   Expectation should have never been primary scorer - Mike is more than willing to take that on.   Now that he is able to be in his comfort zone, it has extended his usefulness for this team, and makes him more valuable to us than any weak trade fodder we would get for a 34yr old unathletic Center.   

Seeing how dominant Jaren + Marc are when paired together and his willingness to teach the young fella.  Makes him even more valuable to this franchise.  They are looking like The Admiral + Duncan's first seasons.   Let Marc pass the torch the right way.  Jaren is such a unicorn that he can play either big spot effectively so Marc isn't hampering his development at all. 

We all know how much chemistry plays a part in team success.  I say let's roll with the Mike + Marc + Jaren + Kyle + Dillon as long as we can.   Temple can stay on as another positive locker-room vet as long as he needs to as well.  

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Like i have been saying for years.   To get the best out of marc he needs to be allowed to play his best position/role on the team.   That is defensive anchor/ main playmaker/complimentary scorer.   Expectation should have never been primary scorer - Mike is more than willing to take that on.   Now that he is able to be in his comfort zone, it has extended his usefulness for this team, and makes him more valuable to us than any weak trade fodder we would get for a 34yr old unathletic Center.   

Seeing how dominant Jaren + Marc are when paired together and his willingness to teach the young fella.  Makes him even more valuable to this franchise.  They are looking like The Admiral + Duncan's first seasons.   Let Marc pass the torch the right way.  Jaren is such a unicorn that he can play either big spot effectively so Marc isn't hampering his development at all. 

We all know how much chemistry plays a part in team success.  I say let's roll with the Mike + Marc + Jaren + Kyle + Dillon as long as we can.   Temple can stay on as another positive locker-room vet as long as he needs to as well.  

Gotta get Casspi signed to that max contract.;)

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I agree, thats why Im moving to the idea of make a CW type of trade and give a pick to move Parsons' dead body and get a scorer. 

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

trade machine usin...

Quite a few laughs today but this one takes the cake 😭

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

sooo... once a hater is STILL hatin...

🤔

REALLY?!?

ughhh

🤣

trade machine usin...

I wonder if he noticed that little -15 wins at the bottom.  +4 for the Cs.  Maybe it's his strategy to get us top lottery pick.

Beginning of the season and before, I'd say get rid of him. I have no faith in players that have option years sticking around, and I hate it when the Grizzlies lose talent for nothing in return. Right now I'm thinking '10-'11 Mav's, who were not the best team in the league but were good enough to win it all because of misfortune happening to other teams.

I've been following the NBA a long time and there is something special about the Grizzlies this season. Of course it's early, very early actually, and we could definitely use a good scorer, but - get the meme ready- I'm thinking there's a chance.

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

every now and then i stan for a Grizz player ... some have gone as far as to call this condition ‘scrub love’.

but i like the pkayer’s vibe and the way they just go hard because it’s all they know how to do . they do what they believe they can do. and more times than not - IT WORKS!

that player is Marshon Brooks.

(on the lakers squad- it’s Ingram... i said what i said - fight me) 🤨

i like what he brings to the table .

and whoever said that he’d go one on four -> YUP , and twice on Tuesdays.

now Mack ... i’m trying- i really am but for some reason... maybe i’ll get over it ... keep winning and i know i will !

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

sooo... once a hater is STILL hatin...

🤔

REALLY?!?

ughhh

🤣

trade machine usin...

2 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Quite a few laughs today but this one takes the cake 😭

I guess if you ban me there will be no one trying to get me back into boards.

3 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Beginning of the season and before, I'd say get rid of him. I have no faith in players that have option years sticking around, and I hate it when the Grizzlies lose talent for nothing in return. Right now I'm thinking '10-'11 Mav's, who were not the best team in the league but were good enough to win it all because of misfortune happening to other teams.

I've been following the NBA a long time and there is something special about the Grizzlies this season. Of course it's early, very early actually, and we could definitely use a good scorer, but - get the meme ready- I'm thinking there's a chance.

Good point on the Mavs, maybe this is the year we win it all and them we start a slow process of rebuilding, but with a ring on fold. 

3 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Got $20?

19 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Nah man your heart has always been in the right place