1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Have we not learned anything from Chandler Parsons? 

Way to go full Hindenburg chip. 

Chandler Parsons - 94.4 million 

Rade Zagorac  -  3.9 million 

Joakim Noah  - 1.5 million (actually less than that because his contract will be pro rated)

He's making 38 million sitting on his couch for the next two years but still wants to play for Memphis for league minimum. Signing him for 1.5 mil is the polar opposite of Chandler Parsons.

3 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Way to go full Hindenburg chip. 

Chandler Parsons - 94.4 million 

Rade Zagorac  -  3.9 million 

Joakim Noah  - 1.5 million (actually less than that because his contract will be pro rated)

He's making 38 million sitting on his couch for the next two years but still wants to play for Memphis for league minimum. Signing him for 1.5 mil is the polar opposite of Chandler Parsons.

Way to totally misrepresent my point. I was referring to the lack of medical exams before signing Parsons not the size of Parson's contract. It doesn't matter how much a player signs for when we are right up against the cap and can't replace him if he is injured. Best to make sure Noah can contribute before signing him was my point.  

But I suspect you know that which is why you only quoted that line instead of the entirety of my post. It's a lot easier to misrepresent what I said if you only use snippets. 

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Way to totally misrepresent my point. I was referring to the lack of medical exams before signing Parsons not the size of Parson's contract. It doesn't matter how much a player signs for when we are right up against the cap and can't replace him if he is injured. Best to make sure Noah can contribute before signing him was my point.  

I hear Parsons and right away think of dollar bills with the little wings on them flying out the window.

1 minute ago, Father Pat said:

I hear Parsons and right away think of dollar bills with the little wings on them flying out the window.

That's your issue not mine. I will stand by what I wrote and I didn't go "Hindenburg" about the Parson signing. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

That's your issue not mine. I will stand by what I wrote and I didn't go "Hindenburg" about the Parson signing. 

The Grizzlies will still have room under the luxury tax threshold to sign another player later on if needed after signing Noah. You want to assume the worst (that he will be signed with no physical), which I believe would be very unlikely because of the Parsons contract. You also decided to suspect the worst from my post because of you suspecting the worst from the F.O., which is just wrong of you. You want to behave like that than that's your issue, not mine. Either way, it's a huge stretch to compare Parsons contract with the potential signing of anyone for league minimum, and I'll gladly stand by that as well.

1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

The Grizzlies will still have room under the luxury tax threshold to sign another player later on if needed after signing Noah. You want to assume the worst (that he will be signed with no physical), which I believe would be very unlikely because of the Parsons contract. You also decided to suspect the worst from my post because of you suspecting the worst from the F.O., which is just wrong of you. You want to behave like that than that's your issue, not mine. Either way, it's a huge stretch to compare Parsons contract with the potential signing of anyone for league minimum, and I'll gladly stand by that as well.

I'm not assuming anything. If you read my post you will see I said that "I'm sure the Grizzlies are talking to him but I hope they are also talking to his doctors and having the Grizzlies doctors check him out as well. Have we not learned anything from Chandler Parsons?" 

You first put words in my mouth about the size of Parsons contract which had nothing to do with what I wrote. Now you are making assumptions that I didn't say. Those thoughts are yours not mine and I didn't write what you imply. 

Please quote completely and read precisely what I write before jumping to your conclusions and trying to place them on me. I say enough silly things by myself that I don't need you trying to read into my comments. They aren't that complicated and are pretty easy to understand by themselves.

I'll give you plenty to look back on and laugh. You don't have to make stuff up that I didn't say. 

As for how easily the Grizzlies can afford Noah's veteran minimum contract, I don't have inside information to know exactly where the team is but I know they don't want to pay luxury taxes at $119 million salary and they have been right on that limit according to most internet sites (although I admit that isn't accurate to the penny). 

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'd rather have Andrew Bogut than Noah, don't know how much he might want though.

Bogut retired. He's playing one more season in Australia n calling it a career. Talk about a whatif player. Dude had top 10 OAT Centers potential if he had stayed healthy.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:23 AM, WVgrizz said:

The main thing we need right now is rebounding. We are dead last in the NBA right now.  

#30 in rebounds and #29 opponent DR%
but

#14 in opposing team's rebounds
#16 opponent OR %
#2 in steals
#19 in blocks

Gamewatchers, have you seen any evidence that JB is telling them to let some rebounds go and just get back on D? 

We have a big lead in opponents' turnovers per game at  17.9 

We're +1 in opponent effective possession ratio at 0.914 (0.947 last year). Effective Possession Ratio measures how good a team is at getting a scoring opportunity from each possession. It's calculated by [(possessions + offensive rebounds - turnovers) / possessions]. That means the opponent gets a scoring chance less than once per possession, allowing for their O-boards.

I haven't found a source for points per possession yet, and if I did I wouldn't know whether it includes free throws. Anyone?  

But maybe JB's thinking "Let them have the ball, they probably won't score anyway if we don't give up a fast break."

We have a 3 big man rotation now with Marc, Jaren, and Jam.  

A 3 1/2 big man rotation wouldn't hurt.  

I don't think Rabb is the guy. Slo Mo for a few minutes at the 4 here and there -- maybe.  Yuta/DJ don't have the size/strength. 

Yeah, let's go get Noah. Or Z Bo. 

Then trade Rabb/future 2nd rounder for a guy at the deadline if we need more help.  

Playing Marc 30 minutes a night instead of 35 minutes a night will pay off down the stretch/in the playoffs.  Same with Jaren.  Jam looks more like a 20 minute a night guy than a 30 minute a night guy.  We need an extra big who can give us 10 to 15 minutes a night (I am even assuming that Kyle and maybe even Parsons play an it or the Point 4/Stretch 4 role for us at some point).  

At the deadline I would rather go with extra punch on offense/ athleticism on the wing.  So pretty much and 8th or 9th man.

I am not sure why this is a problem now when it didn't seem to be a problem in July?

Aside from the names I mentioned above, there was also Okafor, Booker running around unsigned, and I'm sure if I dig deeper, there's more names. Why didnt the FO do something about it then?

17 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I am not sure why this is a problem now when it didn't seem to be a problem in July?

Aside from the names I mentioned above, there was also Okafor, Booker running around unsigned, and I'm sure if I dig deeper, there's more names. Why didnt the FO do something about it then?

Different priorities at the time.  They probably wanted to see how all the pieces they assembled were going to fit first.  If Mack didn't work out we wouldn't have been able to let Harrison go, etc.

11 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Joakim Noah is the embodiment of tenacious if/when he’s healthy.

thats a big if/when.....

I’ll say this though, over the years, we’ve had much worse prospects for a 15th man on the bench.

I hear Ryan Hollins is available..

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

Wait, what!! Is he injured or just coming off an injury?

If so, you know what to do: hold my beer

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Booty Call LOL

Regardless of what eventually happens with Noah, I think that the writing is in the wall for Ivan Rabb. If he didn’t log one minute yesterday with all our three bigs in foul trouble Indoubt he’s ever going to see the floor except in garbage time... and we don’t play a lot of garbage time.

59 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Regardless of what eventually happens with Noah, I think that the writing is in the wall for Ivan Rabb. If he didn’t log one minute yesterday with all our three bigs in foul trouble Indoubt he’s ever going to see the floor except in garbage time... and we don’t play a lot of garbage time.

Yep definite red flag

Wasn't Parsons running through some drills before last night's game at full speed?  It was just him and a trainer (?) out there while they were taping the pre-game show, right?

Now if he comes back full strength, looks like with Jam Green back and Casspi stepping up,  Parsons will be a 4th stringer even if healthy.  Am I misinterpreting the situation here?

15 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Wasn't Parsons running through some drills before last night's game at full speed?  It was just him and a trainer (?) out there while they were taping the pre-game show, right?

Now if he comes back full strength, looks like with Jam Green back and Casspi stepping up,  Parsons will be a 4th stringer even if healthy.  Am I misinterpreting the situation here?

I suspect he'll come back as a backup 3-4, probably to Casspi's detriment. But if he doesn't produce / cannot stay on the court I think the pressure to bench him would be unbearable.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I suspect he'll come back as a backup 3-4, probably to Casspi's detriment. But if he doesn't produce / cannot stay on the court I think the pressure to bench him would be unbearable.

I agree, but believe it will be to the teams detriment even more. I wish they would let him get back in game shape with the Hustle before he ever suits up again for the Grizzlies.